• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gift-Giving Ideas for the Bride: Avoiding Out-of-Pocket Expenses

In summary, the guest is asking about purchasing a gift certificate for the bride, but the person responding would prefer the guest to give money directly to the bride instead. They suggest creating a personalized gift certificate redeemable through them, as the official gift certificates can only be used through the company's website and may result in the bride having to pay for shipping. The person responding also offers to process the order for an official gift certificate if the guest still wishes to purchase one.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I have a guest asking about purchasing a gift certificate for the bride. I would rather her "give" money to the bride instead of purchasing a gift certificate so the bride doesn't have to pay anything out of pocket. What's the best way to relay this in an email.

Bumping for the morning crowd!

I'm not sure I understand your question...

But perhaps you could have her give you money, and you could create a "gift certificate" that can be used only through you - that way the bride doesn't have to pay for direct shipping because she can just add that to her total when she closes out her show or you can add her order to another show.

mountainmama74 said:
I'm not sure I understand your question...

But perhaps you could have her give you money, and you could create a "gift certificate" that can be used only through you - that way the bride doesn't have to pay for direct shipping because she can just add that to her total when she closes out her show or you can add her order to another show.

She wants to buy a PC gift certificate instead of purchasing for the bride. Usually in the past I've had people who gave a check or money to the bride but never purchased a gift certificate. I hate PC gift certificates and def don't want the guest to purchase one on this shower only to have the bride go through ordering with it as you mentioned. She contact me via email and I was trying to figure out the best way to explain this to her.

Even if the buyer gave the bride cash, she might still end up spending her own money - you never know. Does the buyer have any idea what the bride might want to buy? If so, you could total up a sample order and give the purchaser that amount for the gift certificate. But don't use the one's from the company. Create your own, with a note that it's redeemable only thru you. That way you can guide the bride when she's making her purchase. I've found pretty bridal or bridal-looking card stock at Kinkos, Office Depot or Office Max. Use a pretty font and it will look professional and beautiful.

I know you know how the GC works, but you're looking for wording as to how to explain it to the customer, right?

How about something like this:

Thank you for getting in touch with me. I think it is wonderful that you wish to allow the bride to choose what she needs and wants the most by purchasing a gift certificate. I do want to let you know a tidbit of information regarding the standard gift certificates that you might not be aware of. The official gift certificates are only redeemable through Pampered Chef's website. What this means for Bride is that when she places her order, she will have to pay direct shipping charges, which can be around [$$ based on how much she wants the certificate to be].

As an alternative, I offer personalized gift certificates redeemable through me. Bride can then use this certificate to order products through her bridal shower, or at any time in the future through me, and she will be able to do so through a show, and save significantly on shipping (and I'm sure your intention with the gift is not to get her shipping services, but items for her kitchen).

If you still wish to purchase an official gift certificate, I can process the order for you, but I wanted to make sure you had all the information you needed to make you decision.

I would not take the option of a HO GC away from her, if she REALLY wants it, but make it very appealing to get a GC from you.

NooraK said:
I know you know how the GC works, but you're looking for wording as to how to explain it to the customer, right?

How about something like this:

Thank you for getting in touch with me. I think it is wonderful that you wish to allow the bride to choose what she needs and wants the most by purchasing a gift certificate. I do want to let you know a tidbit of information regarding the standard gift certificates that you might not be aware of. The official gift certificates are only redeemable through Pampered Chef's website. What this means for Bride is that when she places her order, she will have to pay direct shipping charges, which can be around [$$ based on how much she wants the certificate to be].

As an alternative, I offer personalized gift certificates redeemable through me. Bride can then use this certificate to order products through her bridal shower, or at any time in the future through me, and she will be able to do so through a show, and save significantly on shipping (and I'm sure your intention with the gift is not to get her shipping services, but items for her kitchen).

If you still wish to purchase an official gift certificate, I can process the order for you, but I wanted to make sure you had all the information you needed to make you decision.

I would not take the option of a HO GC away from her, if she REALLY wants it, but make it very appealing to get a GC from you.

Perfect! Exactly what I was looking for!!

you may also want to add that when redeeming the GC through the PC website, the bride is not allowed to use any discounts at all, she cannot use her 10% discount and she is not allowed to purchase outlet items. Otherwise, Noora's response is terrific.

Some people don't mind having to pay direct shipping, but they get downright angry when they find out they are not allowed to use the disoconts they earned.

1. How can I give a thoughtful gift to the bride without breaking the bank?

One option is to purchase a Pampered Chef product that the bride has registered for and have it shipped directly to her. This way, you can avoid additional gift wrapping or shipping costs. You can also consider pooling resources with other guests to purchase a larger, more expensive item from the bride's registry.

2. Are there any budget-friendly gift ideas that are still meaningful?

Yes, there are many options for budget-friendly gifts that are still thoughtful and meaningful. You can create a personalized recipe book filled with your favorite recipes for the bride to use in her new home. You can also put together a gift basket with items from the bride's registry, such as kitchen utensils or baking supplies.

3. How can I give a gift that the bride will actually use?

Consider giving the bride a gift certificate to Pampered Chef, so she can choose the products she needs for her new home. You can also browse her registry to see if there are any specific items she has requested and purchase those for her.

4. Can I give a unique gift that won't be duplicated by other guests?

Yes, you can give a personalized gift that won't be duplicated by other guests. For example, you can purchase a personalized cutting board or kitchen towel with the bride's name or wedding date on it. You can also create a custom spice blend or herb garden for the bride to use in her cooking.

5. Is it appropriate to give a Pampered Chef product as a wedding gift?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef products make great wedding gifts because they are high-quality, useful, and long-lasting. Plus, many brides register for Pampered Chef products, so you can be sure your gift will be appreciated and used by the bride.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
  • cheftracyp
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views