• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is a Pampered Chef Gift Certificate a Good Bridal Shower Gift Idea?

In summary, the bride registered for items at Bed, Bath & Beyond and Kohl's, but got the Pampered Chef Salad Spinner and Salad Recipe Book instead. The bride's mother-in-law is booking a show with the bride's sister, and the bride and husband's daughter-in-law have expressed an interest in becoming consultants for future products.
bridedream
I have been invited to bridal shower and wedding of an extended family member. (My husband's daughter-in-law's younger sister). The bride (and her family) love Pampered Chef, but the bride opted for a traditional shower and did not sign up for a registry with me. I noticed on her registry with Kohl's and Target that she signed up for some similar (but less expensive) items, plus towels, bed linens, small appliances, etc.

I was thinking of purchasing something off the registry (like towels maybe) plus giving her a PC gift certificate. Do you think that would be well-received? Or is it too self-serving and tacky?

Mother-of-Bride is booking a show with me in the fall. And Bride and hubby's daughter-in-law have expressed interest in signing on as consultants in the future... Help! Want to maintain the personal relationship, but nuture the potential business, too.

I'm of the opinion that registries should serve as suggestions of what the bride and groom would like, but in no way obligate the guest to purchase those exact items. If you would like to give her a gift of Pampered Chef, whether a gift certificate or product, I think you should do so. You have the benefit of being able to get the kinds of items she wants, but better quality, without spending full price.

Think of it this way: If you worked at Macy's, and she registered at Target and Kohl's, but you could get her better quality things for about the same price using your employee discount, no one would look badly on that.

I would recommend creating your own gift certificate rather than getting an official PC one, though. The official PC ones can only be redeemed through the main PC website, she'll have to pay full shipping, and you won't get commission if she spends more than the GC value.

I would give her something that they wouldn't be able to get from stores but off of PC (like the rice cooker, deep covered baker, etc.) If they didn't want to become PC consultants, I would definitely give the food chopper, mandolin... I am in the exact same predicament! Good luck!

Remember, although you do get commission from Gift Certificates purchased from your PWS, the recipient cannot redeem them at parties OR at a consultant's website. They have to go to PamperedChef.com and go to the Gift Certificate link to use it. Its a convoluted process, but its what we've got.

My cousin was married last September and did a registry with Bed, Bath & Beyond, where she registered for an OXO Salad Spinner. Since ours is MUCH better (and more expensive), I got her the PC Salad Spinner and the Salad recipe book instead for her shower. She LOVED it and was so thrilled with the higher quality one. Then she proceeded to tell everyone at her shower that I was "The PC Lady" if they wanted to order anything ;). If you think the bride will be okay with the substitution, then I say go for it. I've known my cousin since birth, and knew she'd be thrilled with whatever she got, especially something I knew she wanted but was able to "upgrade". GL!

What is a gift certificate?

A gift certificate is a pre-paid amount of money that can be used towards the purchase of Pampered Chef products. It is a great way to give someone the gift of choice and allow them to pick out the products they want.

How can I purchase a gift certificate?

You can purchase a gift certificate directly from a Pampered Chef consultant, either in person or through their personal website. You can also purchase gift certificates from the Pampered Chef website.

Can I use a gift certificate to make a purchase online?

Yes, you can use a gift certificate to make a purchase online. Simply enter the gift certificate code during the checkout process and the amount will be deducted from your total.

Do gift certificates expire?

No, Pampered Chef gift certificates do not have an expiration date. You can use them at any time to make a purchase.

Can I use a gift certificate towards tax and shipping fees?

Yes, a gift certificate can be used towards the total cost of your order, including tax and shipping fees. If the gift certificate amount is not enough to cover the entire cost, you will need to pay the remaining balance with another form of payment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hindy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • scrapbuckman
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies