• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gift Certificate Question...

bridedream

Mar 12, 2010
I have been invited to bridal shower and wedding of an extended family member. (My husband's daughter-in-law's younger sister). The bride (and her family) love Pampered Chef, but the bride opted for a traditional shower and did not sign up for a registry with me. I noticed on her registry with Kohl's and Target that she signed up for some similar (but less expensive) items, plus towels, bed linens, small appliances, etc.

I was thinking of purchasing something off the registry (like towels maybe) plus giving her a PC gift certificate. Do you think that would be well-received? Or is it too self-serving and tacky?

Mother-of-Bride is booking a show with me in the fall. And Bride and hubby's daughter-in-law have expressed interest in signing on as consultants in the future... Help! Want to maintain the personal relationship, but nuture the potential business, too.

NooraK

Legend Member
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2008
I'm of the opinion that registries should serve as suggestions of what the bride and groom would like, but in no way obligate the guest to purchase those exact items. If you would like to give her a gift of Pampered Chef, whether a gift certificate or product, I think you should do so. You have the benefit of being able to get the kinds of items she wants, but better quality, without spending full price.

Think of it this way: If you worked at Macy's, and she registered at Target and Kohl's, but you could get her better quality things for about the same price using your employee discount, no one would look badly on that.

I would recommend creating your own gift certificate rather than getting an official PC one, though. The official PC ones can only be redeemed through the main PC website, she'll have to pay full shipping, and you won't get commission if she spends more than the GC value.

Jinkies

Oct 7, 2008
I would give her something that they wouldn't be able to get from stores but off of PC (like the rice cooker, deep covered baker, etc.) If they didn't want to become PC consultants, I would definitely give the food chopper, mandolin... I am in the exact same predicament! Good luck!

RMDave

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2009
Remember, although you do get commission from Gift Certificates purchased from your PWS, the recipient cannot redeem them at parties OR at a consultant's website. They have to go to PamperedChef.com and go to the Gift Certificate link to use it. Its a convoluted process, but its what we've got.

cathyskitchen

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2007
My cousin was married last September and did a registry with Bed, Bath & Beyond, where she registered for an OXO Salad Spinner. Since ours is MUCH better (and more expensive), I got her the PC Salad Spinner and the Salad recipe book instead for her shower. She LOVED it and was so thrilled with the higher quality one. Then she proceeded to tell everyone at her shower that I was "The PC Lady" if they wanted to order anything ;). If you think the bride will be okay with the substitution, then I say go for it. I've known my cousin since birth, and knew she'd be thrilled with whatever she got, especially something I knew she wanted but was able to "upgrade". GL!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sailorsarah
Replies
Views
kayleigh
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views