• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Happens to Remaining Balance on Gift Certificate?

In summary, guests can't use GCs on your website. They have to use the HO or order through the consultant. If the customer goes over the amount on the GC it is just "lost commission."
stephanieboyd
Gold Member
Does anyone know the answer to this......

If a customer has a $50 gift certificate, they go to my website and order a Food Chopper (for $28.50) for example, what happens to the remaining $21.50?? Will the gift certificate cover the shipping and handling also, or is it only for Actual Product Value (commisionable) sales??

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Grrrr.....Gift CertificatesGuests can't use GCs on your website. The only way they can redeem them is through the HO. Which doesn't really do us Consultants any good :( !

As far as unused credit, the HO says:
"Any unredeemed gift certificate portion will be sent back to you in the form of a new gift certificate. This will be shipped separately from your order."

The GC order form says:
"Gift certificates may be redeemed at www.pamperedchef.com or by submitting an order directly to the HO of TPC via US mail. GCs cannot be redeemed through a Kitchen Consultant and are not valid for payment at any Kitchen, Catalog or Pampered Bride Kitchen Show or at a PC Fund-raiser."

Your guest should have gotten a catalog with her GC and info on how to redeem it. IMO, these are NOT a good gift idea and I don't push them for my guests. They have to pay direct shipping prices too, which can get expensive!

Grrrrr is right!!Ahhh nuts!! I was sending gift certificates to some of our friends that have big events happening in their lives (sort of as a way to promote my business!), so what happens if they try to spend more than the gift certificate amount?? Do they continue that sale with HO?? Does HO then send the rest of that commission to a regular lead, like a director or something???

Make up your own and send one out. There are several on this site that you can use and just change your name. Of course, they would need to order through you and not your website since that goes straight to Home Office.
Let me know if you can't find one and I will attach it.

I would love to have that attachment!!! That would be so beneficial!! I was going to be doing another one in the next week or so..... pardon the pun but, I am so glad I asked!! :D

Never mind I found some!! Thank you so much!!!

Last edited:
stephanieboyd said:
Ahhh nuts!! I was sending gift certificates to some of our friends that have big events happening in their lives (sort of as a way to promote my business!), so what happens if they try to spend more than the gift certificate amount?? Do they continue that sale with HO?? Does HO then send the rest of that commission to a regular lead, like a director or something???

If the customer goes over the amount on the GC it is just "lost commission." So sad! :( You would think it would go the consultant that sold the gift certificate, but that is not the case!

I only use the company GC if someone specifically asks for them. I have my own as well! This is the way to go! You should be able to find a template for a coupon in one of your programs.

stephanieboyd said:
I would love to have that attachment!!! That would be so beneficial!! I was going to be doing another one in the next week or so..... pardon the pun but, I am so glad I asked!! :D

Never mind I found some!! Thank you so much!!!

Here is one that I stole off this site just today!!

Attachments

• Gift Certificates.doc
    93.5 KB · Views: 904

What is a Pampered Chef gift certificate and how does it work?

A Pampered Chef gift certificate is a voucher that can be redeemed towards the purchase of Pampered Chef products. It works like a store credit and can be used to pay for all or part of an order. The recipient can choose the products they want and use the gift certificate to pay for it.

Where can I purchase a Pampered Chef gift certificate?

Pampered Chef gift certificates can be purchased online through our website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. They are also available for purchase at some retail locations.

Can I use a Pampered Chef gift certificate towards shipping and handling fees?

Yes, Pampered Chef gift certificates can be used to pay for shipping and handling fees. If the gift certificate does not cover the full cost of shipping, the recipient will need to pay the remaining balance.

Do Pampered Chef gift certificates expire?

No, Pampered Chef gift certificates do not have an expiration date. They can be used at any time towards the purchase of Pampered Chef products.

Can I combine multiple Pampered Chef gift certificates for one purchase?

Yes, you can use multiple Pampered Chef gift certificates for one purchase. Simply enter all the gift certificate codes at checkout and the total amount will be deducted from your order total.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kam
  • dawn424383
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • esavvymom