• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gift Certificate Usage: Party or Direct Ship?

T
tashayoung
When you order a gift certificate, can they use it at a party or does it have to be direct ship?

Can't be used at a show. That is why I make my own..and allow them to use it at the show!

jenniferknapp said:
Can't be used at a show. That is why I make my own..and allow them to use it at the show!

How do you put it towards the original host's show?

You can't. However, it will go towards the show where it's redeemed.

Oops, sorry....I forgot that I posted on this post! If the GC would have bumped the current host to the next level, sometimes I buy enough stuff to compensate for the cost of the GC...and then also use it towards the show when it is redeemed.

jenniferknapp said:
Oops, sorry....I forgot that I posted on this post! If the GC would have bumped the current host to the next level, sometimes I buy enough stuff to compensate for the cost of the GC...and then also use it towards the show when it is redeemed.

Thanks, JK for that info. I've often wondered what people do about that situation.

I see it won't be long before your stripper star gets filled in!

Ok I have a guest that has a gift certificate she wants to use.. how do I go about doing this I have never had one before??

JaimeQ said:
Ok I have a guest that has a gift certificate she wants to use.. how do I go about doing this I have never had one before??

I think they have to use it online. But I'm not sure. :confused:

JaimeQ said:
Jaime:

If it is one from HO they cannot be used on a show. It has to be redeemed on the Pampered Chef website under gift certificates or through the mail.

She was trying to order through her daughters show and I went on as her so to say to "place" an order and it never gave me an option to use a GC... would it have to be an individual order?? She wants her daughters show to get the credit as do I:)

Not in the sense that you think of. This cannot be redeemed on your website. It is the HO website she redeems it on and has to pay direct shipping on top of it to get her order.

You do not get commission on it either as commission was paid already on the show the gift certificate was purchased.

I just read that they are redeemable through HO either by mail or on the website. They are not redeemable at a show, through a consultant or through pampered partner. Wow that kinda stinks!

So needless to say her daughter does not get credit for this on her show. If she wants her daughter to get credit she will have to buy something from her daughter and either pay by cash, check or credit card.

I think it would have to be an individual order. Whoever the host was that the GC was ordered from got the credit for it already I think, so that is why they wouldn't be able to use it at a show.

Refer to page F-2 on the policy and procedures regarding Gift Certificates. You can download it from Consultant's Corner if you don't already have a copy printed out. I hope this helps you understand it better.

I guess you found it while I was typing.

Yea I did thank you:) I was hesitant to get it out of the hall closet cause my baby is sleeping, she is sick with a tummy bug... but I needed the answer so I got it:) Thank you all for your help...

My next question is what would you tell her other than she can't do it in a nice way??

Sorry to hear that your baby has the tummy bug--very uncomfortable I am sure for her. How old is she Jaime?

First you can tell her that you are sorry that you never encountered this before and apologize for thinking that you could accept it. The paperwork she got with the gift certificate spells it all out on how to redeem it and you are sorry that she didn't see it. I think that is better than telling her that she should have read the information when she got it in the mail.

It's a case of reading the fine print.

She will be 1 on Friday!! That is basically what I told her in a nut shell... and told her she could place an order for her daughters show and then use the GC at a later date for another order...

One good thing is that you now know how it works so you can communicate this to your customers. It is great for someone who needs a gift for someone but doesn't know what they need. They get the gift certificate, catalog and order form and give it to the person. The recipient then picks out what he/she would like and redeems it with their additional payment to HO. You get commission when the gift certificate is purchased and the host gets credit for the amount of the purchased gift certificate.

I hope she isn't one of those who gets bent out of shape and curses PC.

By the way I hope your daughter is better by Friday to celebrate her big day!

Yea me too... Thanks I hope she is better by then also... we are going on almost 2 weeks of this bug... it just got worse last night:(

Have you called her pediatrician about this?

Yea we took her in last week... they told us it could last up to 14 days:( so if it doesn't get better by Tuesday we are taking her back in so they can do some tests to make sure she is okay.

Keep me posted Jaime--OK? I am concerned. Thanks.

I will thanks. Thanks for being concerned:)

1. Can a gift certificate be used at a party?

Yes, a gift certificate can be used at a party as long as the party is hosted by the company or organization issuing the gift certificate. The recipient can present the gift certificate at the party to redeem it for goods or services.

2. Can a gift certificate only be used for direct ship orders?

No, a gift certificate can be used for both party and direct ship orders. The recipient can choose to use the gift certificate for either type of order, depending on their preference.

3. Do gift certificates have an expiration date?

It depends on the specific terms and conditions set by the company or organization issuing the gift certificate. Some gift certificates may have an expiration date, while others may not. It is important to check the fine print or contact the issuer for more information.

4. Can a gift certificate be used for multiple transactions?

Again, this depends on the terms and conditions set by the issuer. Some gift certificates may allow for multiple transactions until the full amount is used up, while others may only be valid for a single use. It is important to check the details before using the gift certificate.

5. What happens if the gift certificate is lost or stolen?

If the gift certificate is lost or stolen, it is important to contact the issuer as soon as possible. They may be able to cancel the old gift certificate and issue a new one. However, it is always a good idea to keep track of gift certificates and treat them as you would treat cash.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lifeat50
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kam
  • Maragib