• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Include Catalogs in My Gift Certificate Fundraiser Packets?

In summary, I think you would be better off not adding a catalog to the packets. I think it would confuse some of the recipients. You can attach a catalog if they contact you.
n8vtxn
Hi! I am doing a gift certificate fundraiser for my daughter's football/cheerleading organization where each child is going to try to sell 10 $25 gift certificates. I have a letter to explain the fundraiser, a flyer to show potential buyers, and an order form for them to write down all the info. My question is - do I need to put a catalog in each packet since they aren't really selling the products? (There are 300 kids in the organization.) I can't decide if that would be unnecessary or if it would help people who don't know about PC to decide to put in an order. Has anyone had any experience one way or the other with this?

Thanks,
Leesa

That is a great idea. No deliveries. I think I would probably try to make a flier with some of the top items on it, or use the mini catalogs with the new products. Be sure to include your website and offer a catalog if they contact you. My only concern is that they have to redeem those through home office and so if they ended up purchasing more I don't know that it would go to you.

certificate fundraiserIs there a way we can get the customer order information from the Home Office? This way you could do follow up customer service and future orders.

Sounds great!Is there any chance you could share the letter and flyer? I'm new to this, and gift certificates sound so easy. Will you send a catalog with each gift purchased?

Susan :)

n8vtxn said:
Hi! I am doing a gift certificate fundraiser for my daughter's football/cheerleading organization where each child is going to try to sell 10 $25 gift certificates. I have a letter to explain the fundraiser, a flyer to show potential buyers, and an order form for them to write down all the info. My question is - do I need to put a catalog in each packet since they aren't really selling the products? (There are 300 kids in the organization.) I can't decide if that would be unnecessary or if it would help people who don't know about PC to decide to put in an order. Has anyone had any experience one way or the other with this?

Thanks,
Leesa

Fundraiser flyer and letterFor the Gift Certificate fundraiser, I really wanted to make it as easy and self explanatory as possible. This is a REALLY big organization and I figured that if they had a lot of questions, it would just make it more complicated and possibly less successful.

Each recipient will receive a catalog from home office with their gift certificate, so I'm not going to confuse the issue by adding that to what I'm already doing, I think.

I've attached the flyer and the info page that I gave the organization's board. I hope you will find it useful, too.

Good luck with your own fundraiser,
Leesa

Attachments

• Waterbury Knights funraiser.doc
    23 KB · Views: 569
  • WATERBURY KNIGHTS FLYER.pub
    204.5 KB · Views: 502
Last edited:
I don't mean to discourage you, but in my area I don't think any child would sell $250. Do you know what they have done for fundraisers in the past? I would just hate to see you commit to such high prizes if you do not make enough $$$ to cover the cost. If they do well in fundraisers, and you know they will do that much, you will make out great. But if they do not do well, you may be paying out more than you get back. Good luck with your fundraiser, sorry for a little negativity. Let us know how you make out.

Debbie

n8vtxn said:
For the Gift Certificate fundraiser, I really wanted to make it as easy and self explanatory as possible. This is a REALLY big organization and I figured that if they had a lot of questions, it would just make it more complicated and possibly less successful.

Each recipient will receive a catalog from home office with their gift certificate, so I'm not going to confuse the issue by adding that to what I'm already doing, I think.

I've attached the flyer and the info page that I gave the organization's board. I hope you will find it useful, too.

Good luck with your own fundraiser,
Leesa

Good luck! It sounds good. I would attach at least a mini catalog (with a business card attached - your website info).

How about attaching the wonderful new Holiday Gift mini-catalogs. They're GORGEOUS!

Fundraiser ideasLike Debbie- I also don't like to be negative...but I don't usually sell gift certificates because the recepient has to pay a large shipping fee. The GCs can only be used through the website. (unless it has changed recently) If they purchase items in a show..the shipping is only $3.5, but it is at least double that for an individual order. There is more bang for the buck when purchasing items through a show. Definatley put a catalog in each order so that people know what they can get for their money...if someone wants $300 worth of products they know how many GCs to purchase!

Just something to think about. Let us know how it works out...it certainly does seem easier than a product show! Good luck.

1. What is a Gift Certificate Fundraiser?

A Gift Certificate Fundraiser is a program offered by Pampered Chef that allows organizations to raise money by selling gift certificates for Pampered Chef products. The organization receives a percentage of the sales as a donation.

2. How does the Gift Certificate Fundraiser work?

The organization will receive a unique code that can be used by supporters to purchase gift certificates on the Pampered Chef website. The organization will receive a percentage of the sales made using the code as a donation.

3. What products can be purchased using the gift certificates?

Gift certificates can be used to purchase any products available on the Pampered Chef website. This includes kitchen tools, cookware, bakeware, and other kitchen essentials.

4. Is there a minimum number of gift certificates that need to be sold?

No, there is no minimum number of gift certificates that need to be sold. The organization will receive a percentage of the sales made using their unique code, regardless of the number of certificates sold.

5. How much does the organization receive from each sale?

The organization will receive 15% of the sales made using their unique code as a donation. This can add up quickly and be a great way to raise funds for the organization.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• avelissar
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • niccibyrd
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
JennyJennJen
Replies