• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Convention Gift Bags: Ideas for Team Members

In summary, Carolyn put together gift bags for her team members that go to conference. She includes things like instant coffee, tissues, mini clappers, and a packet of tissues. She also includes a notebook for the team members to take notes, a packet of immunity boosters, and a bunch of other small things.
Jilleysue
Silver Member
Do you all give gift bags for any team member that goes to convention? If you do, what do you put in them?

Anyone? :)

My director always puts something nice together for us. Last year it was a bag with a lot of beauty refresher products (like oil blotting papers, hair spray, etc) and candy, band-aids, pens, a notepad, gum, and a water bottle. I know there was more, but I'm drawing a blank on what else was in there.

same as Deanna. You don't have to but people like small surprises. and/or some will take them out for lunch or coffee instead since its easier to 'carry' cash/credit card vs gifts. :D

I put together a notebook with candy, pens, mints tissues etc. Plus I had a gift for the top performers for the first half of the year.

My director puts things in a gift bag like themed pens and note paper, tissues... and they all have notes on them, like: "Tissues because Doris always makes us cry..." Its a nice touch. She sends it to us or gives it out at the meeting prior to conference.

Year's past, I put together a binder for each of my attendees with pages where they could take notes, info, a pocket for their expense receipts, daily tips, a scavenger hunt, etc. It had a page for the end of each day where they could summarize what they learned and what they'd like to apply, goal setting pages to work on before NC, action plan pages for after conference, etc. I also included a zippered pencil case with a highlighter, tissues, anti-bac gel, pens, mints/gum, powdered Immune Booster drink mix, trail mix, etc...One year I even got hot pink boas for each of my attendees (remember that year, Jilleysue?)But a couple of years ago I overheard a couple of my team members complaining (they didn't realize I was within earshot) that they resented that I made them feel like they were there to LEARN and that they had to do this scavenger hunt & set goals, the notebook was too bulky, they didn't like the particular brand of pens I gave them, they didn't like the drink mix, etc. etc etc. After I had put so much time, energy and $$$ into creating those notebooks & goody bags, I was pretty hurt and decided from then on I would just email them the documents and they could print and assemble their own notebooks if they chose. I have pared down on the gift bags, too. Interestingly, last year, one of my first-time-attendees was THRILLED just to get the emailed docs with the scavenger hunt, etc...and STILL raves about it all. Honestly, I would like to make a whole fancy binder just for HER because I know she really appreciated it LOLSo...this year, so far, I have assembled gift bags for each attendee. I am sure as I find little things along the way between now & July, I'll add to the bags. So far each bag has:
2-3 individual-packs of instant coffees in various flavors
A packet of tissues
little Purells
mini-clappers (my apologies to those seated near is at general session LOL)I'll probably add some mini-packs of trail mix/nuts or chocolates, the immunity boost drink mixes and I'm not sure what else.The group of ladies I have attending this year is probably one of the most enthusiastic and hard-working, committed ladies I have had attend conference in all my years in the biz and I am SO excited to help them grow. I am just hesitant to put to much energy/time/$$ into goodie-packs/notebooks for them after getting burned so badly a few years back.

wow Carolyn, I think that is awesome you went through all that trouble.
I think you should continue.

I am just starting to think about gift bags for Conference, but one thing I am going to purchase are the 31 Gifts mini zipper pouches. They are on sale in May for $2.31 each, and I can fill those with gum, instant drink/coffee packets, mints, etc...for them. I'm excited about it!

ChefBeckyD said:
I am just starting to think about gift bags for Conference, but one thing I am going to purchase are the 31 Gifts mini zipper pouches. They are on sale in May for $2.31 each, and I can fill those with gum, instant drink/coffee packets, mints, etc...for them. I'm excited about it!
You have to spend $31 to get one zipper pouch for that price. With 7 team members going, I would have to spend 233.17 :(
http://thirtyonegifts.com/docs/monthyspecial/may/Specials_May.pdf

Last edited:
dannyzmom said:
You have to spend $31 to get one zipper pouch for that price. With 7 team members going, I would have to spend 233.17 :(
Hmmmm, that's not what the consultant for the show I was ordering from told me...this is exactly what her message on FB said:During the month of May you can purchase the Mini Zipper Pouch for only $2.31! When I questioned her about it, because it wasn't showing up at that price, she said this:If you order the may special, the mini zipper pouch, it won't show up discounted yet, but when I enter the party in May, it will change So that is a complete bummer if I have to make a purchase to get those. I was going to order 10. Not much else from 31 that I want or need. :(

ChefBeckyD said:
Hmmmm, that's not what the consultant for the show I was ordering from told me...this is exactly what her message on FB said:

During the month of May you can purchase the Mini Zipper Pouch for only $2.31!

When I questioned her about it, because it wasn't showing up at that price, she said this:

If you order the may special, the mini zipper pouch, it won't show up discounted yet, but when I enter the party in May, it will change

So that is a complete bummer if I have to make a purchase to get those. I was going to order 10. Not much else from 31 that I want or need. :(

It's clear as day on their flyer. Not-so-nice of her to mislead you :(

I just found at Target today - 8pks of notecards in a pretty holder for 50c each. Got one for each of my attendees to go in their goody bags - I think they'll be great for the girls to shoot a quick note to an upcoming host, a recruit lead, or a TY note to their spouses back home...

I am doing "pillow presents". Each night as they lay their head to rest there will be a little something special under their pillow.

Awesome Ideas!!!!

This year I got necklaces with our team logo on them. Now for incentives, I am doing a Vintage charm necklace. They get a charm that says their title when they promote, TOP sales, Top Recruiter and and when they attend a Scentsy event. I love love love mine!

Gift bags still has me stumped. I guess I'll print all these and figure it out. I have 5 going this year so I better get thinking.

Carolyn, I would absolutely love to see your email pages if you are willing to share. Great idea and i would have appreciate it!!! YOU ROCK

1. What are gift bags at convention?

Gift bags at convention are bags filled with promotional items, goodies, and information that are given out to attendees at a convention or event. These bags are usually provided by event organizers or sponsors to thank attendees for their participation.

2. How do I receive a gift bag at convention?

The process for receiving a gift bag at convention may vary depending on the event. Some events may distribute gift bags upon registration or check-in, while others may have designated stations or booths where attendees can pick up their bag. Make sure to check with the event organizers for specific instructions.

3. What items can I expect to find in a gift bag at convention?

The contents of a gift bag at convention can vary greatly depending on the event and its sponsors. However, common items found in gift bags may include promotional materials, samples, coupons, and branded merchandise. Some gift bags may also include informational brochures or souvenirs related to the event.

4. Are gift bags at convention free?

In most cases, gift bags at convention are free for attendees. However, some events may require a fee or registration for access to the gift bag. It is important to check with the event organizers beforehand to confirm if there are any costs associated with receiving a gift bag.

5. Can I choose the items in my gift bag at convention?

In most cases, the contents of gift bags at convention are predetermined by the event organizers and sponsors. However, some events may allow attendees to choose from a selection of items or offer different types of gift bags for different categories of attendees (e.g. VIP gift bags). Again, it is best to check with the event organizers for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • PCJenni
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
akaskydebil
  • jcsmilez