• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Giant Pizza Cookie Recipe | No Mess with Parchment Paper

C
chefmama
I am going to be making this and wanted to know if I needed to use Parchment Paper so the cookie doesn't ooze over the sides of the round stone. The recipe doens't say I need to, but I just want to make sure first, before I ruin an oven!

Thanks. :)

NopeJessica,

For cookies, you do not need to use parchment paper. Just make sure you do not roll the cookie dough all the way to the edge of the stone. I usually leave about 1 1/2 inches or so. You do use parchment paper for brownie pizzas. Another tip: let the cookie cool for about 5 minutes and then release the cookie using the serrated bread knife! This will help the cookie to come off better. Even with my well seasoned stones, if I forget to do this...it sticks as it cools on the stone!

Hope this helps!

You are quick!Thanks for the info...

It sounds so yummy...

:)

Parchment paperI made the Taffy Apple Pizza this weekend for a show and I used the parchment paper. Worked just fine plus it's a way to show the parchment paper. Nothing stuck to the stone and it was easy to slide off and leave for the host! You could do either.

Hi there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I can assure you that using parchment paper is not necessary when using our round stone. Our stones are designed to distribute heat evenly and prevent any oozing or burning of your cookies. However, if you feel more comfortable using parchment paper, you can certainly do so. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly. Happy baking!

1. Can I substitute parchment paper with another type of paper?

Using parchment paper is recommended for this recipe because it has a non-stick surface and can withstand high temperatures in the oven. Other types of paper may not have the same non-stick properties and may burn or smoke in the oven.

2. Will the cookie still turn out well without parchment paper?

While using parchment paper is not necessary for this recipe, it does make clean up easier and prevents the cookie from sticking to the pan. If you don't have parchment paper, you can lightly grease the pan with cooking spray or butter, but be sure to watch the cookie closely as it may cook faster without the barrier of parchment paper.

3. Can I use aluminum foil instead of parchment paper?

Aluminum foil is not recommended for this recipe because it can react with acidic ingredients and leave a metallic taste. It also does not have the same non-stick properties as parchment paper, so the cookie may stick to the foil and be difficult to remove.

4. How do I prevent the cookie from oozing over the sides of the round stone?

Using parchment paper will help prevent the cookie from spreading too much and oozing over the sides of the stone. You can also try chilling the cookie dough in the fridge before baking to help it hold its shape better.

5. Can I reuse the parchment paper for multiple batches of cookies?

Yes, you can reuse parchment paper for multiple batches of cookies as long as it is not torn or burnt. However, be sure to let the paper cool down completely before using it again to prevent any potential fire hazards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• its_me_susan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • nancycookspc
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Bren706
Replies