• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting Started with Your Business Binder: What to Include?

In summary, the new binder is for the new information that was also received in the change over kit. It is replacing the Recipe for Success binder. It has a spot for CDs and a reproducible forms CD.
newbietoPC
I recieved my change-over paperwork today and I got a business binder that is white and has 4 spots in the back for CD's. Just wondering how to use this and excatly what to put in it??:)

The binder is for the new info that was also received in the change over kit. I believe it is replacing the Recipe for Success binder.

I like the spot for the CD's. I just put my PP disc in there so I know where it is.

You got a binder?? All I got was the inserts for a binder?? Am I missing stuff???

jasonmva said:
The binder is for the new info that was also received in the change over kit. I believe it is replacing the Recipe for Success binder.

I like the spot for the CD's. I just put my PP disc in there so I know where it is.

Can we recycle the huge amount of recipe for success papers?

I didn't get a binder either... did we get gypped? How do you spell gyped? :) I need to go do some work now since I cannot even spell any longer. sigh

I didn't get the binder in my change over kit either but it came with my supply order, along with a 2 DVD's and some other stuff that they just thru in there.

I am not sure about recylcing the Recipe for Success paperwork. I haven't heard anything about it but I was going to keep mine for a while in case the new consolidated stuff was missing something.

Now I'm psyched to get my supply order tonight, maybe I will have a cool new binder in it!!I will probably keep my Recipe for Success paperwork as well for awhile.....but I do like the idea of a nice condensed business binder!

Jennifer, I always recycle any paper! I do keep a catalog from each season I guess in case anyone ever asks how long it's been since we had something. I'm not cool like Ann with the chart!

lisacb77 said:
Jennifer, I always recycle any paper! I do keep a catalog from each season I guess in case anyone ever asks how long it's been since we had something. I'm not cool like Ann with the chart!

Have you recycled your Recipe for Success though? I recycle all other papers... and have kept 1 catalog from past seasons as well (all of my 2 past cattys! haha)

WHAT!?!
I didn't get no binder!
Hey, I wanna new white binder!!!

Jason is right....we were told somewhere (I can't remember where) that we would get the new binder with our first supply order. We can throw the entire old Recipe for Success away. They revamped it and left out the Policies and Procedures which are now online at CC so they can keep them updated.

You get the new binder with your supply order. They did not send it with the changeover kits. It is automatic with your first supply order starting February.

Wahoooo... I can't wait to recycle that tree! Recipe for Success was way too big! and I will report back tonight if I get my new binder when my supply order is delivered!

I guess Rebecca and I were typing around the same time!

Wouldn't be the first time, Harriet! LOL!

I received my supply order yesterday with a new binder! I love it! It's so nice!! :D

I got my new binder today, in my supply order too! Also, the kit credit on the show planners is correct, $20 and $40. The one thing that I do have to change on the planners is the 20% to 25% for the $500 show range.

To answer your question, I hadn't decided yet. I have to at least transfer over the notes I made to myself on it first!

PampMomof3 said:
I received my supply order yesterday with a new binder! I love it! It's so nice!! :D

Isn't the binder SO pretty???

Yes it is, I kind of wish it was vinyl, so that it can get wet and won't warp...but it is still pretty!!

The binder is really nice:) I like how there's a place for CD's; I'm always misplacing them...

lacychef said:
The binder is really nice:) I like how there's a place for CD's; I'm always misplacing them...
I like the CD slots as well. And the reproducible forms CD is a nice addition to the kit - then new consultants don't have to search CC for everything.

What is the front pouch for? Just storing papers?

kat29 said:
You got a binder?? All I got was the inserts for a binder?? Am I missing stuff???
It comes with your first supply order.

lisacb77 said:
What is the front pouch for? Just storing papers?
Yep- for whatever.

AJPratt said:
It comes with your first supply order.

Or with your change over kit if you are a Director or above!:D

dannyzmom said:
Isn't the binder SO pretty???

I think mine is too pretty. Maybe we need a guy's version binder. :)

Jason is that you in the water with the dolphin?

jasonmva said:
I think mine is too pretty. Maybe we need a guy's version binder. :)
Black leather?

Yes Harriet that is me :) I had that picture taken 2 years ago when we were on our cruise in St. Thomas. What a blast.

Ann - black leather with a PC logo would be cool!

Nice picture, Jason! Looks like you really did have a blast!

It was amazing and so worth the money.

That was our Eastern Caribbean cruise. We stopped in San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten & the Bahamas. This year we are going to Costa Maya, Costa Rica & Panama. I can't wait - I am plannign on taking the ride down the Panama Canal.

Awesome! I went on a cruise in December and stopped at Roatan (honduras), Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Belize!! It was nice, but the ship didn't stop rocking and we had miserable weather for most of it.. I would much rather go back to just one place and wake up there everyday....I'm not going on a cruise anytime soon again!!

You just have to watch where and at what time you go. Our boat rocked back and forth for the first day and a half because we were trying to avoid some hurricanes. If you want to go in the late summer/early fall, the best is the Western Caribbean. ON that cruise I went horseback riding in the middle of the ocean while in Jamaica

fruit76loop said:
Or with your change over kit if you are a Director or above!:D

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
(Translation: I Can't wait!)

wow!! I went snuba diving, but couldn't do it, so decided to finish with snorkeling, and played with monkey and macaws, and then did a beach break at costa maya....and saw a bunch of others doing the dolphin encounter...it looked cool!!

If you have the money for it, I highly recommend it. We went all out and did the swim thing. They also have one where you stand in the water on a ledge and the dolphin swims by you and you can touch it. However, I figured what the heck and jumped in and swam. One of the dolphins actually came and "danced" with me (I don't know about the dolphin but I was dizzy after all that spinning around!)

jasonmva said:
If you have the money for it, I highly recommend it. We went all out and did the swim thing. They also have one where you stand in the water on a ledge and the dolphin swims by you and you can touch it. However, I figured what the heck and jumped in and swam. One of the dolphins actually came and "danced" with me (I don't know about the dolphin but I was dizzy after all that spinning around!)
That reminds me of an episode of King of the Hill in which Hank went swimming with a dolphin and it got "frisky" with him. :)

Jason- if you want a black binder with a logo, order the Take a Closer Look Binder from the supply order. It's black vinyl with the logo embossed. It's $5 - doesn't have huge rings, but it's usable.

Thanks for sharing about your cruise Jason. We are getting to know you better now! I agree with Ann on getting the black binder on supply order if you want something in black with the logo.

I would like that binder too then. sounds fancy!

I love to cruise! How many have you been on??

Lisa - August will be my 3rd. I was hooked after the first one. Only depressing thing when it is over is that no one will put my napkin on my lap when I sit down at the table :(

Ann - thanks for the tip. I usually leave my instruction binder in my office at home but the black one sounds like it would be nice to take to shows and stuff.

Harriet - I tend to be shy at first but will eventually open up. I will warn you know though, it could turn into a Panodra's box. you may never shut me up now HAHA

Yes, or make the bed and leave little towel animals! We've been on three as well. Maybe next year!

HHHMMM - wonder how we could come up with a cruise theme show? If I was guaranteed a good show I would even clean the table with the stick thingy they use to sweep the crumbs away!

That's OK, Jason we can deal with it! Most of us waited awhile before we jumped in too!

Hey-- DH and I didn't get any of that cool stuff (the towel animals, people putting our napkins in our laps, etc.) on our cruise! Of course, it was a family-oriented line, so there were a lot of things that were omitted because it would be wasteful with children around.

pamperedharriet said:
You get the new binder with your supply order. They did not send it with the changeover kits. It is automatic with your first supply order starting February.

Well that answers my question :D I got my Right Contents boxes today (see Wrong Contents Post, if interested), and got a binder, training dvd, Spring into Success and the Trifle Bowl/SA Display cards.... YAY! :cool:

chefann said:
Hey-- DH and I didn't get any of that cool stuff (the towel animals, people putting our napkins in our laps, etc.) on our cruise! Of course, it was a family-oriented line, so there were a lot of things that were omitted because it would be wasteful with children around.

Now that is interesting because both of my cruise did. Oh did I mention the 2 chocloate mints on my pillow EVERY NIGHT! Boy talk about sweet dreams!

jasonmva said:
Now that is interesting because both of my cruise did. Oh did I mention the 2 chocloate mints on my pillow EVERY NIGHT! Boy talk about sweet dreams!

I got the chocolates most nights....but didn't get any towel animals or dancing/entertaining waiters at dinner.....and that is what I was so excited about:( ...I put a note about it in my comment card!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kelly8
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefJen2012
  • Rossana