• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting 'Stain' off of Stoneware...

In summary, this person made the peach cherry cobbler recipe in their DDB and it stained, so they used baking soda and water to clean it. They also agree with others that the bar pan is colorful and that it will get the seasoning and not scrubbing it idea across.
KristyH
Any tips for this?? I made the short rib recipe in my DCB and it seems to be 'stained'. I was afraid to take it to my last show b/c it really does look dirty. Not seasoned, but dirty. Anyone had this happen before? Any magic solution for cleaning it??

That is just part of the seasoning process. It doesn't look pretty on it's way to being well seasoned. But if you want to speed up the seasoning process, you could use this recipe to season it:

Shoot! This is a borrowed computer, and I don't have my files - anyone have that recipe for seasoning stoneware - it's crisco, flour, salt......

That sounds interesting! I'd like to know, too!!!

I think this is the one you are talking about Becky.

Attachments

• SEASONING%20stoneware%20from%20Backus[1].doc
    26 KB · Views: 546
I love this!!! I have a new stone (fluted) I'll try it out on tomorrow. Thanks!!!

Geekgirl69 said:
I think this is the one you are talking about Becky.

That's probably it! I thought the one I had called for flour too, but maybe I'm imagining it.

But this will season your stoneware evenly and quickly, so you don't have as many ugly spots.

KristyH said:
Any tips for this?? I made the short rib recipe in my DCB and it seems to be 'stained'. I was afraid to take it to my last show b/c it really does look dirty. Not seasoned, but dirty. Anyone had this happen before? Any magic solution for cleaning it??

I had this problem with my large bar pan. It got an ugly purple coloring on it. My director said it would eventually season more evenly (I was then a new consultant but I had had many stones before this and never such a thing happened). Well it is now WELL seasoned and I can still see the purple but I do take it to shows and people marvel at it - I guess they don't see anything wrong. So my suggestion is keep using it and it will get better in time.

I have also "wrecked" a stone by using a green scotch scrubee on a new stone - that causes green marks all over the stone. Again, after use the seasoning hides that too. I have so many brown scrapers right at my sink so why do I even pick up that green thing?!:yuck:

Thanks for all the replies, ladies!! I will try the seasoning thing that was posted! Hopefully my ugly spots will go away!!:)

I made the Peach Cherry Cobbler in the DDB as the first recipe and it's stained pink now. Looks funny, but it doesn't bother me any! As you bake more stuff, it should blend in.

BethCooks4U said:
I have also "wrecked" a stone by using a green scotch scrubee on a new stone - that causes green marks all over the stone. Again, after use the seasoning hides that too. I have so many brown scrapers right at my sink so why do I even pick up that green thing?!:yuck:

I started using the Kitchen Brush on our stones and LOVE IT!! Gets stuff off so well and has the scraper built right in!

redsoxgirl said:
I started using the Kitchen Brush on our stones and LOVE IT!! Gets stuff off so well and has the scraper built right in!

I agree and that is right there with the brown scrapers - I kick myself when I automatically reach for that green scotch scrubber with a new stone - I've done it twice now. DUH!:yuck:

I had some Ah So Sauce (sp?) left in my DCB after making country style spare ribs a few weeks ago that when I washed it with my kitchen brush left a pink stain in certain areas. I used some baking soda and a little bit of water to make it like a paste and it came out.

Thanks for the tip about the baking soda, too!! I might try that first!!

I personally love my very colorful bar pan. It is green, red, yellow, blue and several other colors. That's what happens when you make sugar cookies with colored sugar. I carry it all the time and even after 5 years, those colors shine through. It sure gets the seasoning and NOT scrubbing it idea across!
Oh yeah, there is asome blue and green and yellow scrubby on it too. I do the same thing. I reach for that dang pad instead of the nylon pan scrapers that are sitting right there! Geez! You would think I had stock in Scotch Brand or 3M products or something! Oh well! I love the baking soda paste idea Harriet! I will have to try that. Think it might work on set in stains? (Probably not since they are sooooo old and on there!) Worth a try though.

I couldn't get over how it got the pink out! I don't mind a stone that is seasoned but I didn't want the pink stain and the baking soda worked great! Now at least I know this works and it won't bother me again when I make the ribs as they came out sooooo good!
Reminds me that I need to defrost more to make this week!

1. How do I remove stains from my stoneware?

To remove stains from your stoneware, mix equal parts of baking soda and water to form a paste. Apply the paste to the stained area and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Scrub with a non-abrasive sponge or brush, then rinse with warm water. Repeat if necessary.

2. Can I use bleach to remove stains from my stoneware?

No, we do not recommend using bleach on stoneware as it can damage the finish and potentially leave a toxic residue. Stick to natural cleaning methods, such as the baking soda paste, to remove stains.

3. Will vinegar help remove stains from my stoneware?

Vinegar can be used as a natural cleaner for stoneware, but it may not be as effective as other methods for removing stains. You can try soaking the stoneware in a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and water, then scrubbing with a non-abrasive sponge.

4. Why do I keep getting stains on my stoneware?

Stains on stoneware can be caused by cooking acidic or highly-pigmented foods, such as tomato sauce or beets. These stains are typically harmless and do not affect the performance of the stoneware. To prevent future stains, try greasing the stoneware before cooking or using a protective liner.

5. Can I use steel wool to remove stains from my stoneware?

No, steel wool or any other abrasive cleaning tools should not be used on stoneware as they can scratch and damage the surface. Stick to non-abrasive sponges or brushes for cleaning stoneware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• debswork
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Chozengirl
  • MainStChef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies