• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting Quality Leads at an Event

In summary, an expert summarizer would say that doing a drawing can help get quality leads at an event, but if you do not have any interest in the giveaway, it can be difficult to get people to stop and talk to you.
AJPratt
Silver Member
What is your suggestion to getting quality leads at an event? I have done give-aways, but my ratio to entries to legitimate leads is not where I want it to be. What do you do?

I can tell you what I did last month. It was a small event here on the base. I already had over $4,000 in sales for the month & knew that I would be making 28%. I did an additional 10% off all stoneware. So 30% off what PC had on special and 10% off the glazed pieces - which still gave me 18% commission on the stoneware items.I did not do a drawing at all! I said hello to multiple people but only struck up a conversation with the ones who stopped to really look or the ones who made a comment about how much they LOVED PC. For those people, I asked if they wanted to be on my mailing list, told them about my sale AND offered them the opportunity to host a show. I walked away with $175.80 in outside orders (enough to make a catalog show & get a stone for myself at 60% off) 7 that wanted to be on my mailing list and 3 that booked a show right then & there! :DNot a huge amount of leads, but all good leads in my opinion. ;) This booth is a monthly event. On previous months, I've done door prizes and only had 20-25 entries. I would much rather have a few good leads than a handful of dead leads.

I figure if I walk away with one show or one recruit lead or more, then it was a successful event.

I agree with Sheila on this one. I work a few shifts at our local youth fair each summer. The "booth" usually has some type of giveaway but when I go on duty I take down that sign and put it away. I have no interest in people who are stopping in just on the chance that they might win something.

I make eye contact with most of the people who pass by, I encourage people to come in a take a look at our products and talk with those who approach the booth. I fill out (or have them complete) survey slips for those people who express an interest in products, a show, the business or being on my mailing list. THESE are good leads.

I'm with you Anne, I've had (so far) two show bookings and a handful of sales. There are a couple more folks who I hope will schedule shows later. To me, this is success.

I know what you mean, I did a Fair on Sat. with another Consultant & she had the prize slips already made up. FREE cooking show or Stoneware Bar Pan. It was tough trying to make eye contact & there were a TON of people. Now I've got to call all these people & say I'm sorry you didn't win the Bar Pan, but you did win a free cooking show....:rolleyes: I would much rather have 5-10 slips with people REALLY interested in Booking a show or about the business. Now I'm going to make about 10 calls get machines or people saying no & I'm going to get discouraged & probably not finish all of them...:(

On day 1, I had no drawing....people wouldn't make eye contact and tried to zip by the vendor tables....it was awkward for me, personally. This was my 1st real booth. Day 2, I posted a drawing. This gave me something to "break the ice". I'd ask, "would you like a free recipe?" or "Want a chance to win one of our awesome stones?".

I got a few no's, but this drew more people to the table. While they filled out the slip, I'd ask if they were familiar with PC....it gave me an opening to converse. I ended up with 15 slips (small event), from those there are 2 who are definitely not interested (and I'll just add them to my newsletter). 7 are bookings (4 cooking, 2 catalog and 1 holiday extravaganza event). Of the 6 shows, 2 had never heard of PC and 2 others are hosting for the 1st time even though they have been to parties). I also have 2 recruit leads, 1 who is excited by the idea....she was not aware of the biz opportunity.

As you stated AJ....a booking and/or lead, and we can count it a success. I believe having the drawing helped me personally....I hated just standing at my table, waiting for people to come. I felt more proactive by having something to lure them to the table.

I also made 2 other contacts who know 2-3 consultants, but they asked for my biz card. They liked my "manners" as they said and want to help me expand my biz! So, you never know.

I didn't do a drawing at my booth on Saturday. I haven't had good luck with people wanting to book if they just entered the drawing, even if my only prize is a free cooking show. I had people stopping by, some excited about the products and even saying they've been thinking of doing a show. If they really expressed interest, I'd take out my slips and tell them if they filled out their info I could be in touch with them after the event.

One gal just came up and said she wants to sign again (she was a consultant 2 years ago) and wanted to do that with someone local. If she does, it'll pay for my $25 booth :D

I figure if I walk away with one show or one recruit lead or more, then it was a successful event.

Exactly! Some consultants don't get it, that it's one more booking than they had before the booth. They view it as a waste of time. I guess I always have low expectations so am happy when the good things happen. I can look at some of my shows and lead lines and go back to a booth from 2 years ago. From a yucky little event last Nov., I managed one booking that kept getting one booking from each show. I thought it was going to end with a catalog show as the last booking, but booked a cooking show from the cat. show, then a $1,000 show from that one, and now it's multiplying with 2 bookings from each show. The yucky little event cost me $25 and calling in a favor to have a friend watch my kid. Have I made that back? You bet!

I'm with Laurie. I'm not the most outgoing person so I need a drawing to pull them into the booth. But put the bowl for the slips behind you so that you get the slip, make notes about the lead, and then put it in the bowl. I'm not so good at getting them to book right at the fair. This weekend I'm going to try putting host packets in the reusable shopping bags and hold a bag in my hand. I will do this in the early part of the day so that they can then walk around the event with our shopping bag and hopefully drive traffic to our booth. Plus, it's a nice little (inexpensive) gift to make them happy and excited.

Becca_in_MD said:

Exactly! Some consultants don't get it, that it's one more booking than they had before the booth. They view it as a waste of time. I guess I always have low expectations so am happy when the good things happen. I can look at some of my shows and lead lines and go back to a booth from 2 years ago. From a yucky little event last Nov., I managed one booking that kept getting one booking from each show. I thought it was going to end with a catalog show as the last booking, but booked a cooking show from the cat. show, then a $1,000 show from that one, and now it's multiplying with 2 bookings from each show. The yucky little event cost me $25 and calling in a favor to have a friend watch my kid. Have I made that back? You bet!

I'm with Laurie. I'm not the most outgoing person so I need a drawing to pull them into the booth. But put the bowl for the slips behind you so that you get the slip, make notes about the lead, and then put it in the bowl. I'm not so good at getting them to book right at the fair. This weekend I'm going to try putting host packets in the reusable shopping bags and hold a bag in my hand. I will do this in the early part of the day so that they can then walk around the event with our shopping bag and hopefully drive traffic to our booth. Plus, it's a nice little (inexpensive) gift to make them happy and excited.

I totally agree!! I don't want to weed through 50 slips of paper, only to find 1 or 2 are truly interested. I did sell over 200.00 in C&C, so If I get 1 or 2 shows, its worth my time & effort!

I offered our cranberry bag to those that booked at the big expo I did. I had 3 people do it. I do a drawing for a gift certificate and get several people signing up. However, I put it must be completely filled out to qualify. I don't care if they put no for everything b/c at least I know! For smaller local booths, I will just ask if they'd like my newsletter so that they can be updated on our clearance outlet. That gets them...love a sale!

The best way that I've found is to talk to everyone that is filling out a slip. Try to see what they might want more information on before they walk off.

Thanks for all of your insight! I have a few more events this year, so I am still trying to figure out what to do.

How do you manage to find someplace you can do a booth every month.

I'm on a military base in Japan and they have a monthly "Market Day" where all the vendors gather together. Today was this month's event. I used the same method as last month, sold $244.30 in Commissionable Sales & booked 3 shows. I only came home with about 10-12 leads, but they were ALL people who wanted to be on my monthly newsletter.

One customer wanted to know if she could place a $60 order every paycheck (2X a month) until she gets everything that she wants. Since most of what she wanted was Simple Additions, she's doing November Catalog Show.

I had a funny at my booth today. I was talking to customer #1 who was thinking about booking a show. Right as I was beginning to explain how it all works, customer #2 walked up. Customer #2 was all intrigued and wanted to just listen. Customer #1 was sold & booked. Customer #2 realized that they lived in the same neighborhood when Customer #1 gave her address. Customer #2 is brand new to the island & doesn't know hardly ANYONE yet, but wants to host a show after she makes friends. So, C#1 invited her to the show right there at the booth! LOL C#2 is coming to the show of C#1 and plans to meet LOTS of people between now & C#1's show so she can book off C#1 and give her the booking benefit! :D

That is a great story!

Sheila, love the story!I did the last "giveaway" yesterday at my booth. The people that were more interested barely even cared about the giveaway. Then everyone else badgered me and wanted me to do the drawing on the spot. Since its my business and I still have to order it that's not how I do it - the bulk of the guesses were from other, un-interested vendors. I have course will honor it and call the rightful winner but it just wasn't worth it.Funny thing, I read on another thread not to expect sales at a vendor show but more contacts. I had the opposite! I'm still glad for the sales and the potential contacts those folks might be but its funny that I almost forgot my order forms!

Deborah, the first couple of booths that I did were pretty much all leads too. But lately it's been pretty equal. Like Saturday was 3 bookings & 5 orders. I had a 6th person take the order form, then realized that she didn't have her new address memorized yet, so she said she would order on my web page. We'll see! LOL

I am glad that I stopped by this thread..I have a booth next month..I will keep this thread in mind..and check it closer to time.

I am doing a booth in Nov. There is going to be radio advertising. Can we mention PC on the radio?

PCGirl77 said:
I am doing a booth in Nov. There is going to be radio advertising. Can we mention PC on the radio?

Yes, if it is included with the booth.

PCGirl77 said:

There are specifics about all methods of advertising in the Policy Guide on CC.

1. How can I attract potential customers to my booth at an event?

One way to attract potential customers is to offer a demonstration or sample of your products. This will allow them to see the quality and usefulness of your products firsthand. You can also offer a special promotion or giveaway to entice people to stop by your booth.

2. How do I ensure that the leads I collect at an event are of good quality?

To ensure that the leads you collect are of good quality, make sure to engage with attendees and have conversations with them. This will give you a better understanding of their needs and interests. Also, be sure to follow up with the leads after the event to gauge their level of interest and determine if they are a good fit for your products.

3. Should I focus on quantity or quality when it comes to collecting leads at an event?

It's important to strike a balance between quantity and quality when collecting leads at an event. While you want to gather as many leads as possible, it's also important to focus on engaging with potential customers and ensuring that they are genuinely interested in your products. Quality leads are more likely to convert into sales in the long run.

4. How can I use social media to attract leads at an event?

Social media can be a powerful tool for attracting leads at an event. Use hashtags and location tags to promote your presence at the event and encourage attendees to visit your booth. You can also offer a special discount or promotion for those who follow your social media accounts or share your posts.

5. What is the best way to follow up with leads after an event?

After the event, be sure to follow up with leads within a week to keep the conversation going and nurture the relationship. You can send a personalized email, make a phone call, or connect with them on social media. It's important to continue providing valuable information and staying in touch to convert leads into customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Tara Volpenhein
  • lfox1028
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
lfox1028
  • Energizermom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies