• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Save on Travel Expenses: AAA Cash Packs for British Pounds

In summary, this lady found a cheaper way to do transactions without losing money in fees and fees. She also found out that England doesn't use Euros, so be prepared for a high transaction fee when exchanging money.
ChefLoriG
Gold Member
Who knew AAA had this type of perk! I was trying to figure out the best way to get British pounds without losing my shirt in transaction fees. You can go to AAA and buy "cash packs" of pounds, so you can have cash with you when you arrive. If you are a member, there is no fee, if you aren't I think it's about $3, cheaper than trading at the hotel!! They come in $100 and $250 "packs". They also have visa cards you can buy pounds or euros on, and carry that around instead, but there is a fee for that kind of card. They will also buy back your pounds when you get back, remember what they will buy them back at, might be cheaper to do that at the airport, although there is a fee for that.

Thanks Lori. Sounds like a cheaper option than hitting the ATM when the plane lands.

(Lordy, I am starting to get seriously excited. Due to some mail problems, I just finally got my 'box' today. Feels good to have the tickets in hand!)

What a Sterling idea!

Euroalways on top of things KG!:)

ChefLoriG said:

Cute comeback -

BUT England doesn't use Euros! LOL

My niece was just there for her spring break from college (she is actually doing a college semester in Barcelona) and said it was actually best to use CC's - transaction fees were low and exchange rate was very good -

Now - DH is going to Ireland on the 14th with my 2 little ones and that exchange is HORRIBLE!

ChefLoriG said:
Let's not Pound the subject to death. I'd have to ruble you the wrong way.

I've gone to Europe a couple of times and the best way to do money transactions is to just use your Credit Card for purchases. Yes, you'll need some cash, but not as much as you think.

I agree, for regular purchases, credit card is best over there. Most of my purchases though are going to be of the liquid kind. ;)

Sometimes I make myself laugh. When I first saw the title of the thread I thought someone was trying to do a fundraiser for the country of England! Being around these two little munchkins is really taking a toll on my brain!!:D

legacypc46 said:
I agree, for regular purchases, credit card is best over there. Most of my purchases though are going to be of the liquid kind. ;)

Oh tons of pints for you then!!

Just remember - unlike here in the US - you don't actually tip the bartendars - they will of course accept one but its not a custom over there as it is here - We still do (being in the restaurant business)

Credit CardsJust a quick tip from a banker who used to run the foreign exchange branch-let your credit card company know you will be traveling-a quick call to customer service may prevent future headaches. You don't want the bank to suspect fraud and then try to contact you-since you won't be home to answer their call!! :)

Also, most credit cards charge a "conversion fee" for foreign transactions, check ahead of time to avoid excessive fees.

We always advised travelers to have more than one form of "cash" with them so it may not be a bad idea to grab a 100 pounds before you go for incidentals.

Have a great trip!!!

1. How do I get paid for selling Pampered Chef products in England?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you will receive commission for the products you sell. You can also earn additional income through hosting cooking shows and recruiting new consultants. Payments are made through direct deposit or check, depending on your preference.

2. Can I use my local currency to purchase Pampered Chef products in England?

Yes, you can use your local currency to purchase products through the Pampered Chef website. The currency will automatically be converted to pounds when you check out. Please note that exchange rates may apply.

3. Are there any fees or expenses associated with selling Pampered Chef products in England?

There are no fees or expenses required to become a Pampered Chef consultant in England. However, you may choose to invest in product samples, business supplies, and marketing materials to help grow your business.

4. How do I track my earnings and sales for my Pampered Chef business in England?

You can track your earnings and sales through your Pampered Chef online account. You will receive a monthly statement detailing your sales, commission, and any bonuses earned. You can also track your team's sales and earnings if you have recruited other consultants.

5. Can I sell Pampered Chef products in both England and my home country?

Yes, you can sell Pampered Chef products in both England and your home country as long as you comply with the laws and regulations of both countries. It is important to note that product availability and prices may vary between countries.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedchef.jinni
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • tabnat80