• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Get My Guest List Back Quickly?

In summary, many consultants recommend giving a gift to those that get their guest lists back on time. This can be anything from a small gift to a larger one depending on the amount of time the list was not returned. Another helpful hint is to remind the potential host by phone or email if the list is not returned by the due date. Providing them with scripts that they can use to gather the information quickly is also a great way to help.
jj16
Gold Member
I was hoping that some of you that have been at this a while could share some of your wisdom on getting guest lists back quickly. Although they have 40+ names on their guest list I seem to have one of two problems - they drag it out or they send the names and addresses and then I have a problem getting the phone numbers. They haven't said anything negative about me sending the invitations and making the calls the only problem has been getting the info in a timely fashion. Thanks

jj16:)

Around here, several consultants have started just giving a SASE with the guest list form and the Forty Guests in Four Minutes. We have a problem around here with flakes and I don't mean the ones that are falling out of the sky right now. They get their host packet after we receive the guest list. If I don't have it 3 weeks prior to their show, I send/or phone a reminder. If no response, I do a warning of cancellation. If they really want to have a party, they'll get it to you on a timely basis. I just cancelled last Saturday's party and went to Regional Conference which was awesome!!!

I personally haven't done this- but I've heard on at least one audio training workshop that the Consultant offered a small gift if the list was returned by the date you give her.Maybe you could offer a small gift (like Season's Best? - just dont forget and give her another one at the show! -give a grocery bag at the show or something?) for giving you the list, and or give a larger gift if she returns it by the date AND it's filled up (give one of the door-prize things- like the easy opener or i-slice or something?).

For those of you that don't mail out invitations, do you still request to see the host's guest list??

cheflorraine said:
For those of you that don't mail out invitations, do you still request to see the host's guest list??

I don't specifically ask for it if I'm not mailing out the invites. I would offer to make reminder calls. And, I would offer a prize or 2nd recipe (something he/she really wanted) if the host had 15 guests or more.

esavvymom said:
Maybe you could offer a small gift (like Season's Best? - just dont forget and give her another one at the show! -give a grocery bag at the show or something?) for giving you the list, and or give a larger gift if she returns it by the date AND it's filled up (give one of the door-prize things- like the easy opener or i-slice or something?).

Ooooh...or give host packet IN the grocery bag (I'm looking into having mine screenprinted with my info) and then give the SB @ the show.

Just a thought. :D

I used give a gift for getting the list back to me by a certain date. I have stopped offering that a few months ago and I am glad I did. I got tired of coaxing people w/ extra stuff just so they fulfill their "obligation" to me. We send out the invitations to ensure a solid turnout for their show AND it's "job security" for us. I have NEVER had a cancellation after I have received the host's guest list.

What I have found DOES WORK in getting the list back is telling them that their guest list is due w/in 72 hours. If they book at a show, I word it as their friend (the current host) will get the credit for their booking when the guest list is completed and returned to me before we close the show.

Also, providing scripts that the potential host can use to gather the guest list information has been working WONDERS for me! Nowadays, we either only have a phone # &/or an email address of the majority of the people we know. It seems really daunting, when this is the case, when a consultant looks at you and says, now gather 40 names and addresses and we'll be good to go.

I tell the potential host that I have an extremely easy system they can use to get the information FAST w/ little "effort"...and I will email them the scripts to use. They have been LOVING this idea and I literally see them light up when I say this, or if I booked them on the phone I hear a change in their voice (and hear them smiling) of excitement and relief (in a sense).

Here's the part w/ the scripts that I include in my first email that talks about inviting, gives the due date for the list....etc....

*****HELPFUL HINTS TO ATTAINING GUEST ADDRESSES*****

I fully understand we are in the technological age and, for the most part, the majority of us only have email addresses of our contacts. It can be tiring and time consuming collecting mailing addresses of all those you are inviting to your show. Here's a simple system used to make collecting info EASY and very EFFICIENT! Use these scripts to quickly gather the info:

Phone Script
(always BEST to do when you have their phone #):
"Hi, Suzie Guest! I am calling you really quick to ask you for your mailing address. I will be having a get together and I want to invite you!" They tell you their address. Then you say, "thanks Suzie Guest! I have some more calls to make right now so I'll catch up with you soon." This tells the person on the other line -- hey, I only have 1 minute to get your info. This way, you will not get into LONG conversations with each person, which gets really exhausting when getting lots of addresses. If you want to chat with them..by all means go for it :)

Email Script:
"Hi Suzie Guest! I am arranging for a get together and I want to invite you. I need your address so I can drop the invitation off to you in the mail. Thanks!!" Also, if you DO NOT have their phone # ask for it to help with following up to get an RSVP count.

What is the process for getting a guest list from a host?

The process for getting a guest list from a host typically involves communicating with the host and requesting that they provide you with a list of the guests they have invited to the event.

How far in advance should I request a guest list from a host?

It is recommended to request a guest list from the host at least 2-3 weeks before the event. This will give the host enough time to gather the necessary information and provide it to you.

What information should be included in the guest list?

The guest list should include the full names and contact information (such as email addresses or phone numbers) of each guest. It is also helpful to have any dietary restrictions or special requests noted.

What if the host is unable to provide a guest list?

If the host is unable to provide a guest list, you may need to reach out to the guests directly to gather their information. Another option could be to have the host provide you with the number of guests attending and then create a sign-up sheet at the event to collect their information.

Is the guest list information kept confidential?

Yes, all guest list information should be kept confidential and used only for the purpose of the event. It is important to respect the privacy of the guests and not share their information with anyone else.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
beepampered
  • cochef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cochef
Replies