• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling with Direct Sales: My Frustrating Journey and What I've Learned

In summary, Maggie is feeling frustrated and depressed with her lack of success with starting her own party business. She has gone through her 100 list of ideas and has come to the conclusion that she does not have any friends who are willing to host a party for her. She does not have a job that would allow her to attend a job fair, and her only other option is to contact charitable organizations in her area, but she does not have any connections within these organizations. She is also in debt from her previous job and has not been able to pay her cell phone or car insurance this month.
MaggieChef13
I am don't know what to do. I have gone through my ''list'' of 100 and got almost all no's. No maybes. My one friend who said she would do a party, her grandma just died yesterday so she's not going to do a party now.

I don't go to the doctor, hairdresser, bank, ect.
I've gone to the grocery store and the store clerk just laughed and said why would she have a party when she makes min wage.
My director is my mom's boss PC lady. My family will not buy PC stuff neither will my boyfriend's family.

Maybe I should of just listened to my mom's advice and not have wasted my money on doing this. I've spend useless money on supplies besides the starter kit. ( pens, paper, poster boards, business cards ect )
I don't even have any more money to do vendor fairs. I have three scheduled for December but none in November. My director says just to hang in there but I think she's given all the advice she could.

I know this is probably ''normal'' but I'm just getting frustrated and depressed.

I've seen so many great ideas on this site that even my cluster never heard of but i just can't get to use them yet....
I made this great tri-fold board when I start doing my fairs and I plan to make a second one just for job fairs. My director said that no one in the area ever goes to the job fairs and we have a really big one in NYS near us.

Maggie, You will only get a yes when you are able to say yes yourself. Instead of looking at the roadblocks, start looking at other paths. When the cashier laughed about working for minimum wage, she was making your sales pitch for you! Her minimum wage job can't pay her enough to buy the great stuff she wants, so she needs YOU to show her how to earn FREE products. What's more, she would be the PRECISE person to speak to about the business opportunity.And is there a restraining order keeping you from the salon or bank? If not, GO! If you have a bank account, just once go inside the branch for business you would have done over the phone or internet. I need to do a change or address with my bank. When I go, I am taking goodies and catalogs with me.I need to get a haircut, and I am going to try a new place near my house partially so I can talk about Pampered Chef.You need to turn your speech around and be more positive. I can see the negativity in your writing and in lay be coming across in you speech. Start thinking about how you can put the most positive spin on your new business and your business will start spinning positively!

I go to the bank every week to deposit my check from my other job. I've been in there several times and every lady in there already has someone from PC. I just don't have any money to get a haircut or such. My director is the PC lady for them already....
I haven't even paid my cell phone or car insurance this month. Honestly, I make more working my min wage job than I've am with PC. Im in the red right now. Right now on facebook our senior director gave this a script and many of my friends are unemployed right now so they don't even want to ask their friends to do a party.

Maggie,I'm so sorry, it does sound like you are in a difficult position. I do like your idea to work job fairs. How about the fundraiser angle? Have you tried contact charitable organizations in your area to see if they could host a fundraiser show? I wonder if you could just get a show or two under your belt if that would be just the jump start your business needs. Keep your friend's friends who are unemployed in mind -- when you "figure it out" and get the ball rolling you can show them how you were able to tap into sales in your area and you can recruit them!

Really, my director knows everyone and is part of every organization in our area and is their consultant. I'm not part of organizations so they give those fundraisers to people who already are. That's what I hope to do when I do start making money instead of wasting it. My friend from college ( shes from VA, and I live in NY ) has been unemployed for over a year now and I suggested it to her. I knew getting into this it would be difficult. After my friend who was going to do a party backed out because of her grandma dying ( shes 2 hours away from me anyways ) and my other event got cancelled, I just been in a rut. I have my first event December 1st and its with my cluster, so I get a 2 hour shift. I tried the Facebook grand opening but no one knew what they were liking and when I messaged them they didn't want anything. I can't have people at my house, my dogs do not like people. I was able to get free business cards online but I know from reading on here leaving them around probably won't get me any bookings.

we had a cook & book last night and my clustermate told me she has a vendor fair she can't go to and is letting me go instead. I just have to pay her back the fee.
My first fair is this sunday then I have two next weekend. One is a full day, another is a 2 hour shift.
:)
Things are turning around. I'm have a potential recruit already and my director is going to do a 3- way call with her tomorrow!

A no cost option is to go to a local mall and strike conversations. Wear something with PC or carry a logo bag. There was a video online at one time...don't know if it is still there.

Maggie,That's awesome! Best of luck at the vendor fair. I have shared two fairs so far. My director invited me to share her table with her, and my recruiter couldn't cover another fair the whole day so she took 8 - 11 and I took 11 - 4. I wasn't that impressed with the results, but as it happens I have had contacts from those fairs, so stay positive!I have a fair I'm doing on my own Saturday. I'm eager to hear how the vendor fairs work for you, and maybe you can share what you've learned.

I don't have any PC logo items

betsyb said:
A no cost option is to go to a local mall and strike conversations. Wear something with PC or carry a logo bag. There was a video online at one time...don't know if it is still there.
If you can find that video that be great :)

Are you on facebook? Our team is doing a Green Dot challenge. It seems to be having lots of success in as far as getting catalog shows. We'll see how many pan out. I have 17 on my calendar so far:) Basically when you're on facebook you look at who else is on by the green dot by their name. Then you personal message them, NOT on their wall. Say this: "I'm sending out some December Pampered Chef packets with one catalog and some order forms. Collect $150 in orders and get any one item or set at 60% off. Would you like me to send you one?" That simple. Lets say only half of my 17 actually follow through. That's 8 of them, for a total of $1200 in sales, or a $264 commission! You have to expect that some of them will sell more. Then you have contacts outside friends and family that you get to do customer care calls to make sure they got their stuff, are enjoying it. Then you can ask if they'd like to do a show. January's host special is incredible. Remember, when asking people to do a show, that You are doing THEM a favor by them having a show, they're NOT doing you a favor. Pampered CHef pampers the host so much, they come out way ahead!!

Yes I'm on facebook and I've had horrible luck with the green dot challenge. Only one person out of 30 I've sent it to was interested.

What is the meaning of "Getting Frustrated!"?

"Getting Frustrated!" is a common phrase that means feeling annoyed, upset, or angry due to a difficult or challenging situation.

How can I avoid getting frustrated while cooking?

To avoid getting frustrated while cooking, it is important to plan ahead and make sure you have all the necessary ingredients and equipment before starting. Take breaks if needed, and don't be afraid to ask for help. It's also helpful to have a positive attitude and remember that cooking is a learning process.

What are some common causes of frustration in the kitchen?

Some common causes of frustration in the kitchen include burning or undercooking food, not having the right ingredients or tools, and recipes not turning out as expected. Other factors such as time constraints and lack of experience can also contribute to frustration.

How can I stay calm and focused when cooking?

To stay calm and focused while cooking, it's important to take deep breaths and remind yourself that mistakes happen and it's all part of the learning process. Stay organized and follow the recipe closely. Taking breaks if needed can also help you stay calm and focused.

What should I do if I do get frustrated while cooking?

If you do get frustrated while cooking, it's important to take a step back and assess the situation. Take a break if needed and come back to the task with a fresh perspective. Don't be too hard on yourself and remember that cooking is meant to be enjoyable. If you find yourself getting too frustrated, it's okay to ask for help or try a different recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• noelskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • KarenH
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies