• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting Early January Bookings

In summary, The person asking for advice said that they would like to have January booked before Thanksgiving. They said that they have been unsuccessful in getting people to book for January. They also mentioned that in the past, they have tried incentives such as "$30 products for the date of your show." They said that they would like to try something new this year and are thinking of doing a calendar grid with pictures from a catalog. Finally, they said that they would like to know if the time line and invites are correct.
Becca_in_MD
Gold Member
I would like to have January booked before Thanksgiving. Can't seem to get people in Dec. to book for Jan. Also, PC usually offers some incentives for Jan., esp. Jan. 1-15. In the past, I've tried "get a $30 product for the date of your show" and would do an example of say the large bar pan for $5 when you have your show on the 5th. I wasn't too successful with it.

Anyone have some good ideas? Something fun? I was thinking of doing a specific free product per date Jan. 5-15. I would do a calendar grid and cut out the pictures from the catalog. They would see the product, pick that date, and get that product with their host order.

Have you seen the Nov consultant news? January is 50% more free product when you have a show $500 or more. I would talk this up. Just make sure your December is where you want it first!

I am going to try to get some January bookings as well, but so far I have two for Dec, I'd like at least 2-3 more before I start booking January!

kdangel518 said:
Have you seen the Nov consultant news? January is 50% more free product when you have a show $500 or more. I would talk this up. Just make sure your December is where you want it first!

I am going to try to get some January bookings as well, but so far I have two for Dec, I'd like at least 2-3 more before I start booking January!

How do you know about the Jan specials and what's in the Nov consultant news?? I've not gotten it and don't see it on cc yet??

Debbie -

Click on Oct Consultant News, then in the web address, change "oct" to "nov"

I can't get people to book for Nov & Dec! Everyone says, "it's crazy, let's wait until after the holidays!"

I say:

"Your're going to decorate and your house will be gorgeous, why not have friends over to chill out and take a break from the craziness? It's a GREAT time to have a show!"

cookingwithdot said:
I can't get people to book for Nov & Dec! Everyone says, "it's crazy, let's wait until after the holidays!"

If the "your house will be decorated" doesn't work, then you should try to get them to set a date for Jan. My Dec. is looking very empty but in the past if I've focused on Dec. too much without mentioning Jan. then both Dec. and Jan. are empty and not a good way to start the new year. It would be a repeat of my Dec. 08 and Jan. 09. Every year my Director talks about booking Jan. before Tgiving.

Even with the extra free product in Jan., I still get the objection of "no one will have any money" to which I reply it's a nice time to get together after the madness of the holidays, there's nothing else going on in Jan., they have money they received as gifts, yadda yadda yadda.

I guess I'm looking for that magic wand that will get them to book early Jan. shows, just something really unique. Eek, I may have to get more creative!

I got some great flyers for January Hosts with recipes/incentives from my Director today. I'll post those in a little while after I get a chance to save them.

pcchefjane said:
I got some great flyers for January Hosts with recipes/incentives from my Director today. I'll post those in a little while after I get a chance to save them.

I can't wait to see them! Thanks ahead of time!

It's funny, but I've have some of my best sales in January. People are on a high or something. They are excited to get out, which I guess makes sense. It's such a void after Christmas madness for at least a month straight!

Here you go ladies! I am really anal about things looking "clean and neat" so I fixed the flyers I was sent to make them all consistent and "pretty"! LOL! :)

Attachments

• JANUARY BOOKING CONFIRMATION LETTER.doc
    228.5 KB · Views: 513
  • January Timeline.doc
    24 KB · Views: 520
  • Hc Jan 1.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 469
  • Hc Jan2.doc
    41.5 KB · Views: 413
  • Hc Jan-3.doc
    41 KB · Views: 329
Here is the recipe files it refers to plus Booking notes for yourself!

Attachments

• RECIPE 1.doc
    25 KB · Views: 443
  • Recipe 2.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 389
  • recipe 3.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 340
  • Jan Booking Notes.doc
    28.5 KB · Views: 555
Krista Burson said:
Debbie -

Click on Oct Consultant News, then in the web address, change "oct" to "nov"

Thank you so much, Krista!! I got it!

I've got a ?? regarding your time line.......

Mon Nov 30
First Call to review packet
Invites should be out if show is before January 10

I would never mail out invites for a Jan. show in Nov., as I would be afraid they would get lost in holiday shuffle and no one would remember that they have a show to go to or RSVP to for Jan.

Or so you mail them to hostess for her to then mail out??

Just curious on that.

Lisa

bumping ......wondering about Time Line and invites

Lisa/ChefBear said:
bumping ......wondering about Time Line and invites

Lisa, I looked at that timeline, and it does seem to state that invitations should be sent really early - one of the December letters has a reminder to the host that invitations should have been sent...

Even if the show is in the first week of January, I wouldn't send out invites until the last week of December. NO ONE will remember through the Christmas holiday about a party in January! In fact, I have been experimenting, based on some of what I heard from Tammy Stanley, on sending invites out one week before the show. My attendance has gone UP since I started doing this! My last two shows both invited about 25 people...and one had 13 in attendance, plus 3 outside orders - and just closed @ $670. (with a booking for December) The next one had...ready for this? 23 in attendance!:eek: (yes, everyone RSVP'd - most yes, and a couple brought friends!) and is at $905 in sales with some outside orders still to come! And the same story could be told for most of my October shows.

So, for example, if you have show booked for Jan 5th, I would mail out the invites around the 28th of December. The one thing I would encourage is to have the guest list early in December, so that you can work on them when you have a free moment. I encourage my Jan. hosts to make out their guest list when they are doing Christmas Cards....

Tonight I discussed with a potential "after the holiday" host the following:
1. "your house will still be clean (and maybe even decorated) after the holidays so why not entertain when people aren't so crazy?"
2. Go to the husbands and have them "buy" a gift certificate to give to their wives as a gift. "$50 to spend at Suzy's PC party in January." He doesn't have to shop, she gets to have a fun night with her friends - guiltfree and they don't have to pay for until January's credit card bill comes.
3. "I'll pencil you in for this date right now but I'm going to call you in the midst of a crazy December to confirm this date. You want have to do anything except tell me that we're still on and I'll get you everything else that you need." This is to hopefully prevent cancellations simply because she's overwhelmed at that moment.I have never had a January show before the 20th or so. I always want those early-Jan. incentives but have never gotten it. Maybe 2010 is the year.

Honestly, there has never been an early January incentive that was enough of a carrot for me to work really hard to get the bookings. Since learning the lesson that January needs to be booked by Thanksgiving, I've always had really good Januarys (often one of my best months of the year!) but I don't usually ever have a show until around the 10th...and I like it that way. (gasp!) I enjoy that time off.

These came from my Director that got it from an ED or SED so I don't know about the early invites going out. I know my current Hospitality Director says the same thing about sending out invites early in December because of being lost in the Holiday shuffle. I plan on doing this so we'll just see how it works out!

1. How far in advance should I start booking parties for January?

It is recommended to start booking parties for January at least 2-3 months in advance. This will give you enough time to plan and prepare for the parties and ensure availability on your calendar.

2. What are some creative ways to get early January bookings?

Some creative ways to get early January bookings include hosting a holiday open house, offering a New Year's resolution cooking class, partnering with local businesses for a joint promotion, and reaching out to past customers with a special offer.

3. How can I incentivize customers to book parties for January?

You can incentivize customers by offering a discount or free product for booking a party in January, hosting a prize drawing at parties, or creating a special hostess rewards program specifically for January parties.

4. Is it better to focus on booking individual parties or parties with multiple hosts for January?

It is always beneficial to have multiple hosts for a party, as it can help increase attendance and sales. However, it is also important to focus on individual parties as they can lead to more personal connections and potential future bookings. It is recommended to have a mix of both individual and group parties for January.

5. How can I use social media to get early January bookings?

Social media can be a powerful tool for getting early January bookings. You can create a Facebook event for a January party and invite friends and followers, share special offers or promotions on your social media pages, and showcase new products or recipes to generate interest and excitement for January parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
zmom58
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefJoyJ
  • Bren706