• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting Close to Promoting to Director! :D

In summary, the speaker had a conversation where she updated a new person on the rules of being on a military base and the new career plan. The new person was unhappy with her previous director and wanted to transfer to the speaker, but the speaker explained that it was not possible. The speaker offered to support the new person and invited her to events and meetings. Later, the new person signed under the speaker and the speaker's team grew to 4 or possibly 5 in a few weeks. The speaker also has another potential recruit and is excited about the growth of her team. Another person in the conversation is also seeing success in her business and is close to reaching the Director level.
Sheila
Gold Member
I was sitting at 2 across & 1 down. I met someone today who just moved here, is inactive & wanting to get going. I updated her on all the rules for being here on the military base & we talked about the new career plan (which she didn't know about). She was NOT happy with her director or the lack of training that she received when she signed. She wanted to transfer to me, but I explained that she couldn't. I did offer to support her, even though she's not in my downline. My 2nd line was working a booth with me & invited the other consultant to come to an event on Friday night to help get her name out there a little bit on the island. And I invited her to come join our cluster meetings here on the island. She left super excited to get active again! :D Her hubby was with her and very supportive too!

Several hours later I got an e-mail, she figured out that 6 months had lapsed & that she is no longer a consultant. She was adamant that she didn't want to sign under the old director, went online & signed under me! :D

So now I'm at 3 across & 1 down.

My host that was closing Friday night is considering the business opportunity. I offered to give her the show she just hosted as her starter show & the bookings(s) off of it. She took home a recruiting packet to review with her hubby and asked me to give her 48 hours to make a decision. :D

One of my hosts from this next weekend is adamant that she's signing this week and I'm giving her the show that she's hosting as her first ... plus the bookings. She's super excited too!!!

So by the end of the week, I'll be sitting at 4 across, 1 down ... possibly 5 across, 1 down.
woohoo2.gif

I also have one that seriously wants to sign, but is leaving in 2 weeks for vacation & then a new duty station. I suggested that she host the first one here (with my stuff and her friends who would be supportive) a "walk through the catalog show" at home with her family & then have her new consultant kit waiting on her at the new duty station in Spain to get going there upon her arrival. She's opted to just wait until she gets there, but is super excited about doing this. So in 6 or so weeks, I might have another recruit! :thumbup:

Maui, here I come!!! :D

OMG! Sheila, I'm SO happy for you!!! :D

I'm sooo green eyed monster jealous right now!! :eek:

But incredibly happy for you, please update us when they all sign. And don't forget us when you promote to Director.

woohoo2.gif

That's so fabulous!

I haven't done anything yet this month, but I have 3 shows in the next 8 days. Tomorrow's host is REALLY excited, and since it's almost a 2 hour drive away, I'm hoping I'll be able to get a recruit lead that I can offer any bookings to.

Congratulations on seeing your hard work pay off!

Thanks ladies! And Noora, love that you are using my "woohoo" emoticon! :D

Congratulations!

I've been sitting at 10 across 2 down (same line) for about 6 months now. *sigh*

As long as you have the sales quota, you are getting the "paid as" points! :D I want to add those to my tally too!!! LOL

Sheila said:
As long as you have the sales quota, you are getting the "paid as" points! :D I want to add those to my tally too!!! LOL
I'm not sure this is true.You also have to have the structure - with 2 Sr. Consultant lines. I have one team leader on my team (she has 2 recruits) and the rest have no consultants. Other than that, I have meet all of the requirements for Director and I haven't been "paid as" or gotten any extra points.

Sheila,

That rocks! Congrats and Kudos! I'm so happy for you....you totally deserve it and can't wait to cheer from TX when it falls into place! 2010 has been amazing for you! Whoo Whoo!

Sheila, that's so awesome!!

Becky - the good thing is, hopefully it will hold once you do get your Directorship!! With 10 across...at least 4 of them should be active each month!! Right? That makes you a very SOLID Team Leader right now, and hopefully you'll be a Director SOON!!

I'm sitting at 5 across and 0 down right now. I can't complain. It's my fourth month in the business. But I want it all!! LOL!!

mountainmama74 said:
Becky - the good thing is, hopefully it will hold once you do get your Directorship!! With 10 across...at least 4 of them should be active each month!! Right? That makes you a very SOLID Team Leader right now, and hopefully you'll be a Director SOON!!

Becky, you're already a director, based on your work and performance....you just need one more SC line so you can be finally paid as one! How great would it be if your TL became a Director and you skipped Directorship and went straight to AD? :D

I've been sitting there too... :) Here's my downline:

7 across, 1 down - We've been doing the directorship minimums and I've been holding the meetings. We'll get there soon enough, right Becky? :D

Congratulations, Sheila.

Oh, I'm following you now Becky. I didn't catch on the first time that your 2 down were under the same recruiter. Sorry girl! My AD told me last night to train the new ones to start recruiting right away, that when it's part of their training they are more likely to come out of the gate going strong. Once they get settled into just doing shows & not recruiting that it's harder to change up the way that they do stuff & start recruiting later. I'm willing to test the theory! ;) I figure if they have a downline they are also going to be more likely keep going for the overrides & to keep their team! :D

That is awesome - Sheila!!!

I just signed my fourth recruit (2 inactive) and I don't even want to be anyone's boss...LOL.

Sheila- I just looked at your CafePress page....too funny- the "My deep covered baker is better than your crockpot" THONGs and BOXER shorts??? LOL

That is exciting Sheila I am excited for you I got my 6 across and have some potential more to sign up this month but I am just trying to get my girls recruit and it seems tricky to get them. So I am hoping soon :) and for sure by national conference but I think they are seeing how benefitual it is for them. Way Congrats Sheila !!!!

lpacker: I tell my team that I'm not their boss, I'm their mentor. I'm here to support them in THEIR business. But it's up to them to get out there & make it happen!!! :DBobbi, you never know, some people like to have their undies match their shirt!!! LOL

Sheila said:
lpacker: I tell my team that I'm not their boss, I'm their mentor. I'm here to support them in THEIR business. But it's up to them to get out there & make it happen!!! :D

Bobbi, you never know, some people like to have their undies match their shirt!!! LOL

Always be prepared!!! ROFL:love:

esavvymom said:
Always be prepared!!! ROFL:love:

Yes, because you NEVER know when you'll end up in the ER and that would definitely be a conversation starter about your PC business!!! LOL

... you know when you woke up from surgery EVERYONE would know about your underwear!!!

Congratulations, Sheila!

I'm almost there, too! It's so close I can taste it :) I have 6 across, with one of them being SC and she has a TL on her team. 3 of my recruits, i just recruited this month. Now to keep them all active ... !! I have a total of 12 in my downline. :)

Congrats Sheila!

You can do it Tara!!! :DI received another out-of-the-blue call tonight. A past guest who I had spoken to about the business opportunity in person & by phone had decided no. She called tonight & said that she & here husband were re-thinking the business opportunity & she wanted more info. She was in the middle of family game night and didn't want me to bring her anything but did ask me to send her the commission levels so they could look at it again. She said she'd get back with me tonight or tomorrow. She has a show scheduled in March & was asking if she would have to wait that long to get going ... um NO! :DIf she signs this week & the Saturday host signs on Friday, that will be 3 recruits in 6 days! No complaints from me!!! :D

Oh man! Can I just say... Please tell me some tips that you are doing for all these recruits... I just decided that I really would like to walk at conference, but I just can't seem to find anyone that is interested. Can you help? I listen to the training, but I'm one of those touchy, feely people. Gotta see it in order for it to click...

Thanks

Congratulations Sheila! Way to go!!!

~Fanny

Krista, I use the booking slide at my shows & then ask if anyone wants to know what I make each month. Someone always says yes, which is when I pull out a printout of an excel spreadsheet that I made showing my commissionable sales for the last 12 months, the overrides for having a team and the amount in Home Office leads. It shows how many cooking shows, catalog shows, fundraisers, outside orders & home office lead orders it took to make that much. Seeing a person standing in front of them who's making _____ amount has a much bigger impact on them than hearing that there are people out there who make ______. I'm a tangible person that they can see & touch. Therefore, it's much more effective for me to quote my monthly checks than to quote number that other people have done.It seems to be working! The out-of-the-blue one that called last night called back today & wants to do it. She said she'll be doing the online application today. She told her friends that she's wanting to be a consultant, asked how many would host shows in March and FIVE volunteered! Four local ones & one in TX. We discussed how she can make the TX show an online/catalog show (via my web page since she doesn't yet have one) and that the other ones would be cooking shows here in Okinawa with the online option on my web page too (unless she gets her page established before the host advertises her show). She's all hyped & ready to go!!! :D

You are a true inspiration Sheila! Every time I read how good your are doing it keeps me motivated to keep going with this wonderful business. Thank you for sharing everything you know with us! :D

Thank you so much Sheila. I am going to try to start doing that. A lot of people don't really seem interested in "my story" so maybe I just need to switch. I have two shows this weekend so I'm going to think of my approach.

She signed!! That's 2 new consultants on my team in 3 days! And #3 is still adamant that she wants to sign when she comes over on Friday. Her first show is Saturday (she's really trying to maximize her 30 day benefits! :D

- - - - -

I spent more time on my spreadsheet tonight, and broke it down by pay scale. What I would have made as a consultant, what I would have made as a Sr. Consultant, what I did/will make as a Team Leader and what I could have made if I was a Director!

October Commissionable Sales = $3,724.46 (5 Cooking, 1 Catalog & NO Home Office Leads)
  • Consultant = $968.36
  • Sr. Consultant = $1,009.30
  • Team Leader = $1,058.30
  • Director = $1,103.26 + (2 more 1st line & 2 more 2nd lines) = ?

November Commissionable Sales = $3,946.11 (2 Cooking, 3 Catalog & Home Office Leads)
  • Consultant = $1,025.99
  • Sr. Consultant = $1,067.49
  • Team Leader = $1,129.82
  • Director = $1,190.44 + (2 more 1st line & 1 more 2nd line) = ?

December Commissionable Sales = $2,618.43 (1 Cooking, 3 Catalog & Home Office Leads)
  • Consultant = $680.79
  • Sr. Consultant = $717.12
  • Team Leader = $765.04
  • Director = $811.43 + (2 more 1st line & 1 more 2nd line) = ?

January Commissionable Sales = $2,463.74 (2 Cooking, 1 Catalog & Home Office Leads)
  • Consultant = $615.94
  • Sr. Consultant = $642.17
  • Team Leader = $707.33
  • Director = $760.66 + (2 more 1st line & 1 more 2nd line) = ?

Feb Commissionable Sales (thus far) = $5,223.47 (5 Cooking, 1 Catalog & NO Home Office Leads)
  • Consultant = $1410.34
  • Sr. Consultant = $1,474.48
  • Team Leader = $1,555.16
  • Director = $1,635.84 + (2 more 1st line & 1 more 2nd line) = ?

Thanks for sharing that Sheila!! I may have to make one up of my own to share with my potenial and new consultants.

A little bit of time to gather your numbers and format the Excel Spreadsheet, then just printing one page. Very little cost, so pretty cheap to at least TRY it for a show or two, huh?

Congrats, Sheila! You are ROCKING right now!!

Thanks! I really hope to keep this flow going! And I'm really hoping that on Friday I can post 3 recruits in 6 days! :D

Go Sheila, Go Sheila! A hat trick! Whoo Whoo! ;D

Sheila said:
Thanks! I really hope to keep this flow going! And I'm really hoping that on Friday I can post 3 recruits in 6 days! :D

WooHoo! 3 recruits in 6 days!!! :D

The 3rd one signed last night (Friday), did her show today & is already at $840 something in Commissionable Sales. She had the past host choose the knife block set, so she's almost to $1,000 in guest sales and still has a couple of more orders to go! She really wants to get it submitted by the 28th so that she can get the double points. She said if co-workers came back on Monday saying that they meant to order, she'd start a 2nd show for them. Of course I explained that she could do them as individual orders too ... if they weren't at the $150 level. She had 3 bookings at her full service checkout & one of them took home the recruiting stuff & thinks she wants to sign under my recruit. The potential recruit's hubby is on deployment, so she wants to wait about 6 weeks until he's home so that she can hit it heavy in her first 30/90 days without daycare issues. :D

Sheila said:
WooHoo! 3 recruits in 6 days!!! :D

The 3rd one signed last night (Friday), did her show today & is already at $840 something in Commissionable Sales. She had the past host choose the knife block set, so she's almost to $1,000 in guest sales and still has a couple of more orders to go! She really wants to get it submitted by the 28th so that she can get the double points. She said if co-workers came back on Monday saying that they meant to order, she'd start a 2nd show for them. Of course I explained that she could do them as individual orders too ... if they weren't at the $150 level. She had 3 bookings at her full service checkout & one of them took home the recruiting stuff & thinks she wants to sign under my recruit. The potential recruit's hubby is on deployment, so she wants to wait about 6 weeks until he's home so that she can hit it heavy in her first 30/90 days without daycare issues. :D

For you, I think since everyone pays direct shipping anyway this wouldn't apply, but for us here in the States where we have the ship to host option, that (above in bold) gives you the perfect opportunity to say "and if your total sales are over $150 combined you can get flat rate $4.25 shipping!!" This might make them order more :D

Whoo Whoo Sheila! On fire and I love it! Looks like you're about to promote! Congrats!

I still need a 2nd Sr. Consultant on my team, & I'll promote.

But OMG! That 3rd one ... signed Fri night, did her first show on Sat & is qualified on Sunday! She submitted $1090 something in sales, then had 4 more orders come in before she went to bed which gave her a 2nd show & put her over the $1,250 mark!

pickle.gif
banana.gif
woohoo2.gif
pickle.gif
banana.gif

I'm so happy for her! She told me tonight that she has been wanting to do PC for soooo long & just kept procrastinating! She is super excited!!! :D

Today I got a call from one of my girls who just signed up her 1st recruit and so if one more of my girls on my team will sign someone then I am a director I am so happy for my girl and she was so excited.

That's great Christina! Congrats!!! :D

You go girl! Congrats!

1. "Can you explain the new career plan?"

The new career plan is a revised version of Pampered Chef's previous plan, designed to help consultants reach their goals and promote to higher levels more quickly. It includes incentives, rewards, and recognition for achieving certain milestones and building a successful team.

2. "I just signed under a different director and I'm not happy with the lack of training. Can I transfer to you?"

Unfortunately, transfers between directors are not allowed. However, I am more than happy to support you and help you reach your goals, even though you are not in my downline. You can also attend our cluster meetings and events to learn from other successful consultants.

3. "If I haven't been active for 6 months, am I still a consultant?"

No, according to Pampered Chef's policies, if a consultant has not been active for 6 months, they are no longer considered a consultant. However, you can always sign up again and start fresh!

4. "Can I sign under a new director if I am no longer active?"

Yes, you can sign under a new director if you are no longer active. In fact, it is encouraged to find a supportive and helpful director who can guide you towards success.

5. "I will be moving soon, can I still sign up as a consultant?"

Yes, you can still sign up as a consultant even if you are moving soon. You can host a "walk through the catalog show" with your friends and family before you leave, and then receive your new consultant kit at your new location to start your business there. This way, you can continue your Pampered Chef journey even while transitioning to a new location.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Niki Kate
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • GinaG623
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Sheila