• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling to Book Shows: Any Tips?

In summary, Kelly has been doing Kitchen shows for a while, but still doesn't feel like she has it right. She shared some tips on how to improve her chances of getting bookings. She also shared that it can be hard to get bookings, but that it's important to focus on the host specials and make sure that potential customers know about them.
pamperedkel
Okay, so I've done 10 Kitchen shows and I still don't feel like I have it right as far as getting bookings go. Sometimes I feel like I look desprate, (I've done the balloon popping thing I also did small gift bags for those who booked shows) So I had a show today and planted my 3 seeds about bookings during my demo and that was it (I didn't go on and on) I thought not looking so desprate might help. But I didn't get a single booking. :( There's got to be a happy medium, I just haven't found it yet. I'd love suggestions.

Kelly

I think it maybe just takes more practice to have a real "at ease" attitude during your shows....and shows where people have fun. Not to say that you don't of course!!! But I know it took me awhile to adopt the "I'm not desperate for shows" attitude and make sure it's a fun kitchen show. I talk about all the different theme show possibilities so people who have "been there, done that" with shows may get some interest sparked. Sometimes I just don't know why people book shows and why they don't! I swear I did all the same type of stuff at my last two shows. The one Thursday had 15 guests at it and I only got one booking (with an actual date, so one I'll actually add as a booking onto that show), the show I had yesterday only had 10 people at and I got four bookings (with actual dates and maybe two more eventually). Go figure! I think it also depends on the group of people, too. Some are just into the "party thing" and some aren't.

You'll get some soon, don't worry! You know what else I do? When I total people's orders and sit down to get payment etc, I ask them if they've had fun and I tell them "I haven't had a chance to review the drawing slips yet...would you be interested in hosting your own show?" What I've found is the people that want to host in the nearer future DO check "maybe" or "yes" but asking when they check out may net you a couple more for down the road. Or at least they're more open to it for some reason. So I HAVE had people who checked "no" consider it in the future. Then, of course, be sure to follow up with them! Good luck to you! :)

Just ask...Another consultant shared this tip with me, and now I use it all the time. At the show closing, I make an announcement: "When you check out, I'm going to ask you two questions: Would you like to earn free and discounted products by hosting a show? And, are you interested in learning about the Pampered Chef opportunity? If I don't ask you these two questions, your shipping is free." You can bet that I remember to ask EVERYONE! No one feels singled out, no one feels left out. Sometimes it's kind of weird asking the host's 88 year old grandmother if she's interested in becoming a consultant, but you know what? You never know...all kinds of people are consultants - she may just need that extra income w/ gas prices the way they are! (They usually just giggle and tell me they thought I wouldn't ask :D )
Diane

getting bookingsi have been having trouble getting bookings also im new to the area and so i talked to my director on how to get them and one thing she suggested was to really focus on the host specials for the next few months and let them know what a good deal they can get from the hostess specials alone. Im definitly going to try it at my next show

BookingsI am also having trouble getting bookings. I have only
gotten two catalog show bookings from my first 4 shows.
I did get two people that said maybe later for kitchen
shows and one for the fall on a catalog show so I will
follow-up with them. I also have a couple other
possibilities but they weren't bookings from shows.
Getting the bookings is definitely the hard part of this
business for me. It seems that the people I started out
with have an adverse reaction to these types of things
(shows, parties). I should have known that being that
I haven't been to any home party of any type in over 20
years! We used to have a ton of them when I was in my
early 20's but lately all the 40-somethings and 30-somethings
I know, just aren't into it.

(sigh)

Barb

I'm in my ssm #2, last month sales $3,059, this month $2,372 so far and next month 3 shows, two from prior shows.
Here's what I do, first you invite people that love to entertain, pick up cooking tips & techniques. These are the people that get really excited, not the fillers. The ones that buy only a garlic press or toaster bag. You know what I mean.
Let them know every show is unique, new recipes, equipment etc. If they don't think they can get enough people ask them to co-host.
Plenty more ideas if interested.

Dennis
Miami

Hey Dennis,
Good luck in Miami. I am sure you will do fantastic there. I just did a party there a couple weeks ago and it was my second biggest show. Not hard at all to make great sales there. :D

Do you think it makes a big difference as far as bookings and sales depending on where you live? I know you guys mentioned Miami and it seems the sales are good there. I live in a town way up in Minot, ND not too far from Canada and I'm lucky to get over a $300 show. Does it seem to make a difference as far as big cities vs. smaller towns? I was just thinking maybe when the cost of living is not as high people don't like to spend as much money? I was just curious. I know up here in a smaller town everybody and their brother does a home based business and so everyone is always going to some kind of show at someone's house. I think it may affect bookings here. My husband is getting out of the military in 2 years and we are planning on moving to Florida. I'm really excited to see how my PC business will do down there as opposed to here.

I live in a very small town and my shows average between 350- 750. I grew up in Florida and went back recently for a visit. I did a show at my best friends house and it was $1400!!! I was floored. There were several people who could not attend so I will be going back next month to do another one. I can almost bet $$ that the PC consultants that are bringing in the big bucks ($5000 over a month) have to live in bigger towns. We are looking to move back to that area ourselves and I have told my husband that the skies the limit on what I can make when we move back.

I live in a small town too. I thought I was doing good to have a $1000 show until I read people in larger places were having $3000-4000. I have often been disappointed in the incentives that PC offers us. ex: sell $48,000 in sales and get a trip. I wish they would consider us folks in the smaller communities. Yes, I have been told that if I set my mind to it I could get to those goals too. But, when the jobs where I live dont pay a whole lot, then people dont spend a whole lot. Do you guys see what I am saying? or is it just me?

Totally agree! I should have no problem reaching the goal for the hotel stay but for me to even think I could make $48,000 sales in this small town is upsurd. My best month so far has been $3240. And believe me, I am so grateful for that and felt like I really did a good job that month. But it took me 7 months of hard work to get to a full month and have those sales. I still feel like I am trucking along just fine. No bills or budget are depending on my extra money from PC so I am still having a good time with it. I met all my super starter goals and got to pick 4 bonuses. But just so you will know, when I go to our cluster meetings all the other consultants are right about where I am sales wise.

Yes, location is everything!!! Major businesses research locations before they build too!! I am hoping that when I move to the Fort Worth area next year, I can bring in alittle more!

I think there are pros and cons to being in a big city. I just moved from a suburb of Seattle. People in bigger cities tend to be "busy.. on the go.." and I also noticed that the people who have the most money, tend to spend the less or want more for FREE!! Plus, the direct marketing company I worked for had reps SATURATED in the area. I mean literally I swear 4/10 ppl sold what I sold. Now, I've moved to a suburb of Nashville and I've actually had people say "whats pampered chef?" :rolleyes: I actually think its more of geographical thing rather that large city or small city.. I've notice since moving south they LOVE to entertain!! whether it be a bbq a child's birthday or simply a mommy and me class!! :)

1. How can I get more bookings at my shows?

One effective way to get more bookings is to offer incentives for guests who book a show. This could include discounts, free products, or hostess-exclusive items. You can also ask your current hosts to refer friends or family members who may be interested in hosting a show.

2. What is the best way to approach guests about booking a show?

The best way to approach guests is to make a personal connection with them and explain the benefits of hosting a show. Let them know how easy and fun it is to have a Pampered Chef show in their home, and highlight the rewards they can earn as a host.

3. How can I encourage guests to book a show during the event?

During the event, you can create a sense of urgency by offering limited-time booking specials or exclusive products that are only available to hosts. Another effective way is to have a booking board or calendar where guests can sign up for a show date that works for them.

4. What are some creative ways to get bookings at shows?

One creative idea is to have a themed show, such as a holiday cooking party or a girls' night out, and offer a special prize or incentive for guests who book a show at the event. You can also offer a prize for the first guest to book a show, or have a raffle for anyone who books a show during the event.

5. How can I follow up with guests after the show to encourage bookings?

After the show, make sure to follow up with each guest individually to thank them for attending and remind them about the benefits of hosting a show. You can also offer a special deal or discount for those who book a show within a certain time frame after the event. Be sure to stay in touch with your guests and remind them about the rewards they can earn as a host.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• erinhoward
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Hunter Mom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • winklermom