• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fundraising Tips for Consultants: Approaching Daycares, Schools, and Camps

I am a new consultant and have a huge amount of daycares, schools and camps around me and really want to offer them fundraisers:D, but my problem is that I am at a lost for how to approach them:grumpy:. Do it in person? Call them on the phone and ask for the director? What to say?:confused: Can anyone help....I am at a complete loss for words....:yuck:Do you know someone who has a connection to those schools, etc? That's how I have 3 fundraisers going right now--I knew someone in the organizations who recommended me to the person deciding. Otherwise, I would call and say you have a wonderful opportunity for them to raise
TAClements
I am a new consultant and have a huge amount of daycares, schools and camps around me and really want to offer them fundraisers:D, but my problem is that I am at a lost for how to approach them:grumpy:. Do it in person? Call them on the phone and ask for the director? What to say?:confused: Can anyone help....I am at a complete loss for words....:yuck:

Do you know someone who has a connection to those schools, etc? That's how I have 3 fundraisers going right now--I knew someone in the organizations who recommended me to the person deciding. Otherwise, I would call and say you have a wonderful opportunity for them to raise money--important in this economy (non-profits NEED money) and you'd love to share more...see how the conversation goes and hopefully you can meet with them in regards to the fundraiser proposal but at the very least ask if you can send them/email them a proposal to consider.I was told recently that many schools decided their fundraisers a year a head of time.

Check out the Gymnastics fundraiser thread where I have the proposal posted. You may want to not offer the "extras" since you are brand-new. It definitely helps to "know" someone from the places. I had sent a proposal to this same Gymnastics place and was turned down before... After someone who is in the Booster Club became my customer, she asked me about the proposal. Schools do decide that so you want to get things going for the Fall now. Stop N Shops are good ideas too. We do those around here this way: Get several DS/HBB vendors together at the School or whatever. Each vendor pays $10 for the space plus 10% of their total sales for the period. You may even be able to work out some Spring ones.

Thank you for posting this!!! I was just going to ask the same question! I can't wait to see the answers =-D

Thank you both so much! That is all great and I definitely got some helpful information!! I am very optimistic about fund raising because I love helping the community as much as I can and in these ecnomic times it is the best!!

when I do a fundraiser, how quick does the organization get their check from HO?

colegrovet said:
when I do a fundraiser, how quick does the organization get their check from HO?

The check comes around the same time the products are delivered.

cool... thanks.

Glad to hear that so that the Gymnastics Club will get the check around the time the 2nd round of fundraiser starts!

TAClements said:
I am a new consultant and have a huge amount of daycares, schools and camps around me and really want to offer them fundraisers:D, but my problem is that I am at a lost for how to approach them:grumpy:. Do it in person? Call them on the phone and ask for the director? What to say?:confused: Can anyone help....I am at a complete loss for words....:yuck:

Do it in person? Call them on the phone and ask for the director? What to say? ;)

I was thinking of asking my kids school about fundraisers. I just don't know if I should go in person and bring info, mail it to them, or just ask in person or on phone about if they have fundraisers lined up for next year. Has anyone had a school take them up on the offer for a fundraiser? Is that just too big and unlikely? Should I start smaller?

I've found out that a lot of the schools in my area don't run the fundraising, it is the Parent/Teacher Clubs that do. Maybe call and ask who is running the PTA for next year.

I have to say I'm so tired of my kids coming home with all these fundraisers for their school. The have book fairs, Race for Education (kids send personalized form letters out to family and friends that you provide info for, they send out the letter asking for donations--kind of like sponsoring the kids--then the kids walk a couple miles one day during school) just got sent in this week, then the kids brought home a thing just yesterday about ordering Wolfgang chocolates on-line for the school, and now today they just got home with a Jump Rope for the Heart for the AHA. I can't take this! And most of them are just asking for cash donations, people don't get anything for it (except the book fair and the chocolates). I refuse to hit up my family for cash donations. They put this little note on the Jump Rope one saying how these fundraisers pay for next years field trips, so if we want the kids to go on them, we need to contribute, yadda, yadda, yadda. But see, PC would be perfect! People can actually use the stuff or give them for gifts. It's not overpriced and the products last! I really think I should contact our PTO about it.

I have not had a school take me up on a fundraiser yet. I have presented the idea to my son's school twice this year and they are not interested. Funny thing is I just got an email today about a "Mom's Night Out Fundraiser with Premier Designs" sponsered by the PTA. Needless to say I will not be supporting it.:mad:

Can you do a strictly catalog Fundraiser for an organization/club that has members all across the United States? If so, do the same amounts apply that is donated to the organization/club?

Stephanie

Beth, maybe you should join the PTA and be one of the deciding what fundraisers are chosen. I would also be curious as to who the premier designs consultant is?

1. How can I get started with a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

To get started with a Pampered Chef fundraiser, you can either contact a Pampered Chef consultant or submit a request on our website. We will guide you through the process and provide you with all the necessary materials and support to make your fundraiser a success.

2. How much money can we expect to raise through a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

The amount of money you can raise through a Pampered Chef fundraiser varies depending on the size of your group and the effort put into promoting and selling the products. On average, fundraisers can earn 20-25% of the total sales in free products or cash donations.

3. What types of products are available for fundraising?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen tools, cookware, and bakeware that are perfect for fundraising. Our products are high-quality, practical, and loved by many, making them easy to sell and raise money for your cause.

4. Do we have to pay upfront for the products?

No, you do not have to pay for the products upfront. We provide you with all the necessary materials and order forms to collect orders and payments from your supporters. Once the fundraiser is complete, you can place your order with us, and we will ship the products directly to you.

5. How long does a Pampered Chef fundraiser last?

The length of a Pampered Chef fundraiser is flexible and can be tailored to fit your group's needs. Typically, fundraisers last around 2-3 weeks, but you can extend or shorten the duration as needed. We recommend setting a specific end date to create a sense of urgency and encourage more sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithdot
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jessneeley
  • LeanneB.
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
LeanneB.
  • esavvymom