• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Are You Ready for the Midwest Blizzard?

In summary, the east coast has been hit with snow, but now the Midwest is getting hit. People are canceling their shows because of the weather.
pamperedbecky
I know many of you on the east coast have been pummeled with snow, but now it's the midwest's turn!! Snow is supposed to start today, but the blizzard warning is from mid-day Tuesday through Wednesday. Up to 24" possible in NW Indiana. My western suburbs of Chicago are possibly getting 18". Yikes.My first casualty of show issues has happened. I was supposed to have a show tomorrow night when things are supposed to start to get REALLY bad. We've rescheduled the show for Tuesday the 22nd - 3 weeks later. :( But at least she rescheduled! The bummer is she was supposed to have 18 people!!! I really hope they can all come next time. I was so excited to have a show the FIRST day of the month and potentially get bookings for this month, but oh well. I'll take bookings for March too. My weekends are completely booked (everyone seems to want weekends!!) and unfortunately this is the month where my daughter has her first TWO dance competitions, so I had to block two weekends completely out, not knowing until a week before when she will perform. All I can really book anyway are weeknights, so we'll see.I hope this storm doesn't affect too many other people with shows and stuff! So far I have 4 shows this month (the most in a while for me) and one is a wedding shower! Woo hoo! I potentially will have 2 more shows....I'm waiting to hear back. I would be THRILLED with 6 shows. And I have at least 1 catalog show, possibly 1 more.Now that my show is cancelled and there is no way I'm going to do a booth I was planning to do Wednesday night, I'm kind of excited for a snow day with my kids---I'm assuming we'll have our first one of the year on Wednesday. :D

I'm assuming we'll have our first snow day of the year Wednesday also! I'm sort of excited...just as long as everything is cleared up by Friday when we are supposed to leave for Spring Launch!

I have a Catalog Show I'm submitting this week, and that's all I had for this week, so I'm okay....I've only had one show cancel/reschedule because of weather. I've had more cancel because of illness!

I too have a Tue. show that is resch due to the storm. We're to get up to 24". YIKES. My kids have already missed lots of school, so I'm not looking forward to them being off. Guess we'll be playing lots of Wii!

Wow... they are acting here like we are going to be snowed in until April! This will be the first significant snow we've had so I guess I get all the hype, but really... it's MICHIGAN! We get snow EVERY YEAR!!!!!My show for Thurs is with my sis so she can be flexible. I'm guessing if we get hit Wednesday it will all be fine by Thursday. :)I'm supposed to have our team meeting here tomorrow night but they think it's going to start snowing heavily earlier in the evening so I can't decide if I should cancel it or not. I guess I'll make that decision tomorrow and just do a conference call instead...

sorry ladies! We have had great weather in CA and I think that it has helped me have my best January ever. What about doing to call in show on the night the show is scheduled. Anyone ever done a show over Skype??

pcjenni said:
sorry ladies! We have had great weather in CA and I think that it has helped me have my best January ever. What about doing to call in show on the night the show is scheduled. Anyone ever done a show over Skype??

I'd love to try one sometime, but so far I haven't done one by Skype. If my host for Tuesday wasn't so motivated to reschedule within the same month, I would have suggested some other alternative. But I think with 18 coming on the original date, hopefully she'll get the same on the back up date, so I didn't really want to encourage her to do a catalog show instead. If that was her one and only chance of hosting, I would suggested the catalog show or the SKype thing, but she also doesn't want people to drive anywhere.

I heard through my NED that there's no a way to get up to 10 people on one Skype "channel." Not sure how that works, but it's another way to do a show or a meeting and not just have two locations.

Actually you can add a ton of people on a SKYPE all. i do trainings over skype. Just call the first person, then click on "add caller" and choose them from your list. If you try to do the group call thing it's a pain but if you do one at a time it works great. I've done like 15 at a time.

I have to come out of the stone age and try to get set up for this. It would help me and I think help others as well!

1. What items do I need to prepare for a blizzard?

In order to prepare for a blizzard, it is recommended to have the following items on hand: non-perishable food items, bottled water, blankets, flashlights, batteries, a first-aid kit, and a portable phone charger.

2. How should I stock my pantry for a blizzard?

When stocking your pantry for a blizzard, it is important to have easy-to-prepare meals such as canned soups, beans, and vegetables. Additionally, it is helpful to have items such as peanut butter, crackers, and granola bars for quick snacks.

3. What cooking tools are essential during a blizzard?

During a blizzard, it is important to have cooking tools that can be used without electricity. This includes a manual can opener, a camping stove or grill, and a cast iron skillet. It is also recommended to have extra fuel or propane on hand.

4. How can I keep my food from spoiling during a blizzard?

To prevent food from spoiling during a blizzard, it is important to keep your refrigerator and freezer closed as much as possible. If the power goes out, avoid opening the doors to conserve cold air. You can also freeze containers of water beforehand to help keep the temperature inside the fridge and freezer colder for longer.

5. How can I stay warm during a blizzard?

To stay warm during a blizzard, it is important to have extra blankets and warm clothing. You can also use a fireplace or wood-burning stove if available. It is important to avoid using gas stoves or ovens as a source of heat, as this can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • Nanisu
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • AJPratt