• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Become Healthier Together: Join the Fiber 35 Diet!

In summary, the person is restarting the Fiber 35 diet, is trying to get healthy, and has tried many different weight loss plans in the past.
All the talk about goals and dreams at Conference really got to me. I have become VERRY dissatisfied with how I am treating my body. I need to get healthy. I do not want to look the way I do now when it's time for me to walk that stage. I want to be proud of myself in every way!

Same here Paulette. I let myself splurge at conference food wise. I didn't do too bad though when I came home & weighed it wasn't a big difference.

I hope to try to maintaing during conference (WAVE 3) then let's all kick butt when we get back!

I'm in I'm inOK just found this thread.......I'm in baby!!! Some of you may have read my other "bummed thread" about getting healthy and feeling better only to have my Mom wreck or should I say try to wreck my day.

Week (1) down~ feeling good and lost 6lbs. 30 more to go.......;)

Welcome Rennea! Don't get too upset! There are always ups and downs. Two weeks ago I gained 1/2 a pound I had a fit but then came back the next week and lost 4. Go figure! To date, I am down 20 pounds.

What happened with your Mom?

Don't be bummed - I am glad you found the thread I initiated This is our official let's get healthy and root for everyones succusses and give hugs when they have a bad day group

I will be out of here for a few days at conference and then I am going to be working hard to get in shape.

Kathytnt said:
I will be out of here for a few days at conference and then I am going to be working hard to get in shape.
Me too!...................

I am back from conference. Walked my butt off. We didn't stay at a conference hotel, which might have been a good idea now that I think about it. We were at the Red Roof on Ontario, 1 block from Michigan Ave. We shopped on Wed afternoon, and we walked to Navy Pier on Wed night, after eating at Ed Debevicks (I got a salad.. not a great salad, and a beer. Hey, I was trying to get my veggies in!) On the way to Navy Pier, we ran into a Trader Joe's where we laid in our supply of cheap wine, fruit, water and yogurt for breakfast on Thurs. After Navy Pier a bunch of us got together to drink the cheap wine and laugh.

Thurs, I had my fruit and yogurt and off to conference we went. I had some fruit in my bag so didn't really get lunch. Our Exec Director took us to Mileniun Park for pizza, where, yes, I had 2 (!!) slices, salad but passed on the canolli. We decided to walk back, and do some entertaining in the room!

Friday we walked to the Sheraton, grabbed the bus and off to breakfast. Don't put a hotel pan of bacon in front of me and expect me not to dive into it! Grabbed a pear and off to learn. Lunch was the boxed salad. At least it was some vegetables, and there was an apple, and only had a bite of the chocolate cake. More water, and back to hotel, where we decided to take a cab to the Hilton for our banquet.

I don't know what others had, but we had salmon and steak. I passed on the steak, but ate my fish, asparagus and pototoes, and yes, even the cheescake. Afterwards we decided that we were having too much fun to stop, so took a cab to a piano bar right down the street from our hotel and just had a blast there. Martini's, which we had to try different ones, and got home at 1:30. Yes, Sat morning we were dragging but off we walked to the Sheraton and back to McCormick Place. We did skip the breakfast and ate at a cafe right by the hotel. Eggs Beneditct.. hey, I couldn't resist. More walking, and we finally left there and grabbed a bite mid afternoon at a mexican place (did I mention we had a margarita? I know, not the lowest calorie choice, but once again, this is probably the only vacation like event for me in a long time) Waited in line at Garrets for popcorn and got on the train and came home last night.

That being said, my pedometer was flying with steps. Over 20,000 for each of the days, and this morning, I decided to face my fears and get on the scale. Generally Monday is weigh in day, but I needed to know. I am down 1.5 lbs!!!!!!

Now I realize that martinis, margaritas, and walking probably isn't the best diet. The water helped and doing 2 things right for eveyone 1 thing less right helped.

I am not a drinker, so it does seem like an awful lot of drinking, but losing 1.5 pounds is awesome. I did eat all of my chocolate cake from the boxed salad lunch. It was so good for being in a plastic package. We also had some form of red meat with the salmon and I ate only the salmon. I wish our veggies would have been asparagas, but it was still good. I took a small taste from three martinis before the banquet, and they were pretty good. I never knew there were so many different flavored martinis. One was chocolate. It was very strong. Anyway, good job on the 1.5 pound loss. Don't find it again!

I loved the walking at conference! It was the only thing that kept me from gaining weight! Since it was like a vacation to me, I kept making excuses for myself to splurge! Just to think if I stayed disciplined and did all the walking I could have lost too! Oh well, I could have done a lot worse!
Good Job Carol!!!

OK....I can finally get on this thread and feel good about it!!!! LOL I've been watching my calories and have FINALLY cracked open my new exercise dvd's...PLUS I now have my pool access code and a pass for the ladies only exercise area...it has an elliptical trainer, ab lounge and a set up like curves that I can use for FREE!!!! woo hoo!!!! (my husband works on a college campus where we also live, so it's nice we have access to some stuff like that! Perks baby!!!!) I was down a couple of pounds this week, but we leave tuesday to go see my inlaws for a few days. They don't really have access to any exercise areas, so I'm going to take my dvd's and hope I have the motivation to use them....the eating concerns me, and I won't really have access to the internet while I"m there...so....PRAY that I will stay motivated!!!!

Here are some things that have helped me:

I eat breakfast. (very inportant!)
I try not to eat after 7 p.m.I dont eat: partially hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup and refined sugar items (organic sugar is okay in moderation)
I try to exercise every day. (even if it's a short 10 minute walk it's better that nothing or squats before a shower etc)
I watch my portion sizes.--this is VERY hard for me! I eat relatively healthy, whole grains, organic etc. but I have a really hard time with portion sizes.
Drink lots of water!! I read that we should be drinking twice our body weight in ounces of water everyday.

Just a disclaimer: I TRY to do these things and practice what I preach...:0)
These are the things, that in my expereince, when applied, have worked for me. I am not a dietician but have read a lot of books, articles, etc on health. Okay...off my soap box now. Hope it helps.

Well, the search for a rental house has exhausted me, and I haven't run since Friday night. I did five miles Friday night, though, and they were fast miles, too. I hope to get a run in tomorrow, but I'm headed back to look at more rentals, so I don't know what I'll accomplish! Sheesh! If I can get back to my parents' house by 4:00, I'll get in a quick 3.

I keep telling myself that my diet will fall back into place once I have gotten back into a normal routine, but that seems destined never to happen. :) I'm still under 150, though, so that's a good sign!

You have enough to think about right now. Just do what you can and don't stress. Stress adds fat right in the gut area.

JAE sounds like you have been reading or listening to "YOU on a Diet" by Dr. Oz and the other Dr.

So, I ate like crap at conference, but it was tough because there weren't many good choices for me, and I don't really know the city well enough to go exploring on my own. But, I stayed even-- I didn't gain, so I was happy!

I refuse to buy bigger clothes--where does that leave me???

WOHOO - I didn't gain 10 lbs at conference and the aiport ovenight layover. I think I maintained. Go to WW for weight in today.

Christ Follower said:
Here are some things that have helped me:

I eat breakfast. (very inportant!)
I try not to eat after 7 p.m.I dont eat: partially hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup and refined sugar items (organic sugar is okay in moderation)
I try to exercise every day. (even if it's a short 10 minute walk it's better that nothing or squats before a shower etc)
I watch my portion sizes.--this is VERY hard for me! I eat relatively healthy, whole grains, organic etc. but I have a really hard time with portion sizes.
Drink lots of water!! I read that we should be drinking twice our body weight in ounces of water everyday.

Just a disclaimer: I TRY to do these things and practice what I preach...:0)
These are the things, that in my expereince, when applied, have worked for me. I am not a dietician but have read a lot of books, articles, etc on health. Okay...off my soap box now. Hope it helps.

We sound alot the same in our eating habits.......except that I think it's 1/2 our body weight in water each day!:eek:

I don't think there is anyway possible that I could drink 300 ounces of water a day!;)

I personally think that there may be a slight thermogenic affect drinking more cool water but you increase your excercise by running to the bathroom ever 5 minutes

I'm soooo excited!!! I had about a 5 lb. loss this week!!!! woo hoo!!!! I've been keeping track of what I'm eating the past couple of weeks, keeping a food journal. I also spent a couple of hours online one day and looked up all of our favorite places to eat to see what the calorie content in the different things we eat at them are. I've journaled all this as well so that I can go into a restaurant and feel confident that what I am eating is not going to throw me over the edge!!!Anyhow....off to west virgina this morning! Talk to y'all later!!!

:) Well it's been two weeks today and I have lost at total of 9lbs. YAHOO!!

So that makes it another 3lbs this week. I'm going for another 3lbs this coming week!!!!

It seems to being coming all off the hips at this point. I'm down at least one dress size.:)

Aren't we all doing great?! I'm glad people are keeping up with this thread. I did my 50 minute pilates/sculpt workout and vacuumed. (That's exercise, isn't it. It was making me sweat a little.) I won't be weighing myself for a few days because of the PMS thing.
Keep up the good work!

weight watchers let's you count vacuuming!!! Therefore, I think you're golden!!! :D

Lost .6 Well at least it was not a gain from post conference and the stay at the airport

Hopefully next week will be better

I am so excited that the Biggest Loser will be back on TV soon. I love that show. And I saw the new twist - Jillian is back so now there will be 3 trainers - Bob, Kim and Jillian. Allison Sweeney of Days of our Lives will be the new host replacing Caroline Rhea

Hubby and I do what we call Biggest Loser night - I cook a healthy meal like Salmon and veggies and then we jump on our exercise bikes and ride during the show!

When will it be back Kathy?

Speaking of biggest loser.... The competition at our church is over. My team ended up in 4th place. (not too bad for 9 teams) I lost a total of 21 lbs. Still 25 to go!!! I probably gained a few back though because I got lazy now that there isn't a weigh-in. My neighbors and I started regular walks and work out nights though. We'll see how it goes.....

The new season starts Sept 11 There will be a follow up show - Where are they now type thing on Sept. 4th

I have not lost much weight, I am sorry to say, but I think that my lack of weight loss is probably due to becoming more muscular because I have definitely trimmed down. I really only had about five more pounds to go before I was where I wanted to be, but maybe that's just not a possibility for me (I may have had an unrealistic expectation...).

I ran five Sunday, four Monday, and two yesterday. If my mom is able to come out to my place tonight, I think I will do either five or 6.5. She's coming over tomorrow for certain, so I will definitely do five then.

I have been emailing the team leader of the Hood to Coast team that I am on, and I am feeling more confident about the race every day. He gave me very easy legs, partly because I am not used to running at altitude and partly because I turned in one of the slowest times on our team (many of the guys on the team have been running for more years than I have been on the planet--they are very fast!). I may wind up trading my dad for some of his legs, though, because I am in much better shape than he is, and he got a much more difficult set than I did. He's one of the night runners, though, so we may have to shuffle a few things...

HELLO! How is everyone doing today? Are we going to get healthy I was really disspointed how chubbo I looked in the conference pictures. Just becaue I lost 120 lbs doesn't mead I have stopped being critical. I still want to lose another 40-50 lbs

Kathytnt said:
HELLO! How is everyone doing today? Are we going to get healthy I was really disspointed how chubbo I looked in the conference pictures. Just becaue I lost 120 lbs doesn't mead I have stopped being critical. I still want to lose another 40-50 lbs

Kathy I don't think you should be sooo critical 120lbs is amazing and you should be so proud of yourself. You go girl!! They always say the last bit of weight to come off is the hardest, hmmm.....

I am doing wonderful!! Today is day number 20 and I am down 12lbs Yahoo!!
Still have 28lbs to go.....

Good luck everyone

Not so great here. Our church "biggest loser" is over and I think I gained a few back since there are no more weigh ins! I need to get back to my routine. Now that I don't have team mates counting on me, I've gotten a little lazy. I know what you mean about pictures though. I don't feel like I look too bad till I see pictures of myself!

Ellen - Stick with us Your health is important to you and your loved ones

Ellen, it's so easy to get off-track when you've had a group that has held you so accountable! Remember, we're all human, and sometimes we fall off the wagon. Just dust yourself off and chase that sucker down!

My problem with pictures is that I have all the photos of myself before I had kids, and I look fantastic! Now I look at myself and compare to then, and I feel let down. I don't think I look terrible now, but the comparison is pretty shocking. I'm not extreme enough for extreme makeover; I just need to keep focused on what I CAN do with my body. I also need to get over the fact that I will never have an 22-year-old body again! :p

I did run today--just four. I never realized what a difference the time of day has on my performance. It was really warm and humid today, so I was like molasses!

Dang - I kept a picture at my highest weignt 310 - and can you believe it was wearing a swimsuit :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I got down to 157 - Within 7 lbs of my goal wieght with WW then I met psycho boy and had trouble getting him out of my life - Started pigging out due to the stress. Know I am struggling to get restarted again. :(

HELP!!!!!!!

Should I just buckle down at go to my meeting tomorrow even though I am sure I have gained weight. It so hard to do although next weight in will be better :cool:

Did you go to the meeting Kathy?

Brandie,

When you say you ONLY ran 4, does that mean 4 miles??? That's pretty darn good if that's the case!

I made the weight in but I did not go to the meeting - I am having a tough time getting started WHY- WHY- WHY do I do this WHy do I think I am not worthy or something Arggh

Kathy, it is hard to break those cycles. Something that helps me is reminding myself that G-d cares about each one of us, and if he cares about us we must be worth something. Sometimes that gets me out of my "not worthy" slumps.

And for some outside reinforcement, you are a great cheffer and contribute a lot to this site, you are smart, dedicated, caring, and worthy of many good things. May your life be full of good health and good times with family and friends. Just keep coming to caring people for support and we can help you reach your goals, personal and professional.

Tasha - Thank you for such kind words

Wohoo Went to weigh in and I lost 2.6 Basically the 2.6 that showed up last week Too cool just 38.6 more to go!

That is a total of 25.6 down with the WW program so far I LOVE CORE!!!

Grilled PeachesI am in heaven - I just made grilled peaches. Peeled them- the sliced them thick. (6 slices total) Put FF butter spray on the grill pan. Sprinkled the peaches with cinnamon and then cooked them until tender. Tasted like the filling in a cobbler and totally healthy for you! The WW recipe I got the idea from just cut the peach in half but I decided to slice them

I must get more peaches at the store tomorrow!

Kat

Kathytnt said:
Wohoo Went to weigh in and I lost 2.6 Basically the 2.6 that showed up last week Too cool just 38.6 more to go!

That is a total of 25.6 down with the WW program so far I LOVE CORE!!!

Yahoo!!! Good job:) Still doing good here 15lbs down so far 25lbs to go....

Not the greatest here. I need to get back on a schedule! I keep thinking "maybe when school starts again". I don't want to wait! This is one of the busiest summers I've ever had and I don't even know why! My neighbors and I have worked out a bit but nothing consistent enough to make a difference. I guess I'm just frustrated.

I think I'm gonna have to try those peaches!!! That sounds goooood!!!!!I got on the scale the other day was was quite shocked to see that I'd lost 5 lbs!!!! We just got back from my in-laws last week, so to se that I'd lost instead of gained was super exciting!!!! Woo hoo!!!!

I just sent an email for the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center WEight Loss clinoc asking for an application to be considered for their programs. They have surgical and non-surgical. I have struggled with lifestyle changes so much. I'm thinking of going for Gastric Bypass now.

My problem is that I have two young children (17months and 3 1/2 years). What is the recouperation like from gastric? How long typically would it be before I could care for them on my own again? I am typically a quick healer, and have a husband and family members who will be supportive of me, but I want to know what kinda of help I should expect to arrange before I get in over my head with this.

Jenn - If you are serious about this please contact me - I had gastric bypass 9 1/2 years ago I am a slow healer myself but the surgeon doesn't even keep people in the hospital half as long as they did when I had my surgery. Mine was open not laproscopic. Check out groups like Obesityhelp.com for support

Kathytnt said:
I am in heaven - I just made grilled peaches. Peeled them- the sliced them thick. (6 slices total) Put FF butter spray on the grill pan. Sprinkled the peaches with cinnamon and then cooked them until tender. Tasted like the filling in a cobbler and totally healthy for you! The WW recipe I got the idea from just cut the peach in half but I decided to slice them

I must get more peaches at the store tomorrow!

Kat

Oh - this sounds sooooo good! I bet it would be yummy on top of some oatmeal done this way too! I have peaches - I'm doing this tomorrow!

Well since it has been quiet on this thread I am going to ost some of the info that I posted on the Isagenix thread, I personally don't believe doing a little cleansing program or detox program occaionally is bad for you but I can't do fast due to my hypoglycemia.

---------

As far as the vitamins that you don't P out that makes no sense. There are water soluable vitamins and there are fat soluable vitamins. Only a few vitamins are fat soluable. Water soluable vitamins leave your system in a short period of time or if you do not need them. The important thing about vitamins is are they breaking down and bioavailable to your body. To see if they are breaking down you can put them in a container of room temp water or vinegar. If they do not break don't in 30 you are wasting your money.
As far as clensing and detoxing - May be too much info but you need to be having regular bowel movements 1-3 a day. If not food is sitting in your body to long. If you are not getting regular bowel movements then eat more fiber in your diet (stay away from psylllium, it can cause gas and bloating) drink more water and get more exericise.

I find it hard to beleive that the Beyonce Diet aka the Master Cleanse diet keeps you in the bathroom after the first few days because your are eating nothing - Maybe it is all the water

Fasting is not fun - I would have a migraine type-headache in a few hours due to lack of caffeine.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
Replies
Views
heat123