• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Become Healthier Together: Join the Fiber 35 Diet!

In summary, the person is restarting the Fiber 35 diet, is trying to get healthy, and has tried many different weight loss plans in the past.
Thanks. Also, have you tried that FLAT OUT bread. You can get it in the deli area of your Walmart. It is low in calorie and loaded with fiber and now comes in an Italian herb flavor. Also, I really do like the book on cd I have --YOU on a Diet with DR. OZ and Dr. R----. One tip they give red bell peppers eaten in the morning and throughout the course of the day, suppress appetite and so does smelling Listerine pocket packs, and so does eating walnut or almonds (about 20 of them) 30 min. before meal.

Julie

not a big fan of red peppers or green for that matter. I do love walnuts and almonds

Brandie said:
Thanks, Rae! Emma and I had a little slice for dessert after lunch today. I think that was the best batch of frosting I have done in a while (and my frosting is consistently good, if I do say so myself). Anne was proof of that! Note to everyone who wasn't at our meeting: Anne, our director, kept stealing spreader-fulls of frosting out of the bowl while the meeting was going on before I could do my "lesson" on decorating the Barbie bride cake!

Brandie
Can you share your recipe for the icing? I have been looking for a pretty good recipe for awhile now. I know this is a healthy thread, but we still have the little kiddies birthdays ya know. Thanks.

raebates said:
Baked oatmeal is something I discovered at a women's retreat. The camp where the retreat was held provided meals. The first morning I was there the women were all excited that they were serving "the oatmeal." I wondered why everyone was excited about oatmeal. Did they seriously lack fiber in their diets? Then I tasted it. Man, oh, man! It tastes like an oatmeal cookie.

Also, it's really cheap and easy to prepare. It's one of those things you slop together, throw in a pan, and shove in the oven. I add a teaspoon or two of Cinnamon Plus sometimes for variety. Yes, you can add raisins before baking, but I'm not partial to what The Furry Guy's uncle calls dried flies.

Baked Oatmeal

1/2 c vegetable oil
3/4 c sugar
2 eggs
3/4 T baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 1/8 c milk
3 c oatmeal (rolled or quick cook--not instant)

Preheat oven to 350F. Beat oil and sugar together with whisk. Add eggs. Add remaining ingredients. (I usually switch to a Classic Scraper for this part.) Mix well. Pour into greased 9 x 9 pan. (This fits well into the Small Round Baker. A half recipe fits perfectly in the small oval baker.)

Bake until firm and golden brown (about 1 hour). Can be topped with raisins and brown sugar.

Rae,
Made this about the time you posted it. It was good, except I think I cooked it a little too long. It was a little dry but it tasted great. I am sure to make this again. Thanks for a great variation for Oatmeal.

chefjwr said:
Thanks. Also, have you tried that FLAT OUT bread. You can get it in the deli area of your Walmart. It is low in calorie and loaded with fiber and now comes in an Italian herb flavor. Also, I really do like the book on cd I have --YOU on a Diet with DR. OZ and Dr. R----. One tip they give red bell peppers eaten in the morning and throughout the course of the day, suppress appetite and so does smelling Listerine pocket packs, and so does eating walnut or almonds (about 20 of them) 30 min. before meal.

Julie
I also have the Dr. Oz book. I love it when he's on Oprah. I was eating the red bell pepper in the mornings, but I've forgotten about it. I'm into eating roasted red bell peppers on my salads for lunch or dinner.
Thanks, all of you who are keeping this thread alive.
My bowl of oatmeal is waiting for me. Today it has cinnamon and banana in it. I've been making double batches every other morning to save time on the second mornings. It warms up pretty good in the microwave.
It's pouring rain here and there was lightening earlier, so no exercise yet. I was going to go to the beach for a walk. I'll save it for tomorrow. Maybe Pilates today.
Have a healthy day!

chefjwr said:

Julie
Thanks for the tips! I might just have to try some of these ideas and I think the next time I'm in Walmart, which will be soon, (I need to shop for some supplies for conference!:) ) I think I will try the Italian herb flavor flat out bread! I just bought some red peppers at the store yesterday, think I might need to make me a denver style omlet this morning without all the fattening extras! yummy! I need to pickup a copy of that book, maybe I'll check my library and see if they have a copy! I need to read my southbeach diet book again and get inspired!

I'm glad the info was helpful. Regarding the Southbeach book--My friend started that about 2 years ago and lost a lot of weight--probably 60 lbs. She has never put it back on and has changed her lifestyle so that it is a part of her everyday life. She looks great! She even turned down the Chocolate Lava Cake when I made it for the Girl Scouts at her house. She went to the fridge and pulled out the no sugar jello and light cool whip. I don't do sugar substitutes because I don't think they are healthy, but she is totally working it.

Julie

Did I mention that the YOU on a Diet book I have is the cd set. I like to listen to it on my Ipod while I'm walking or in the car. The book says you should walk 30 min. everyday no matter what and then there is some other small strength workout to do a couple of times a week. I haven't gotten to that part yet. We can all walk--so now we can walk and listen.

Julie

Hey, I have a tip to add...

Unrefined Organic virgin coconut oil! (expeller pressed)
Take 1 tablespoon (I melt mine in a small amount of green tea)
TWICE a day. It works! It's good for weight loss, skin, regulates your metabolism, etc. My sister-in-law did this for a month and lost 10 lbs. (without any other exercise or diet change) I would still recommend exercise though.

Great tip! How much does it cost, Ellen? I think I need to go check out Kathy's link because I am having huge issues these past 2 weeks with cravings!
But I did pretty good yesterday. I walked with my friend for 35 minutes and then I was pretty careful with my food! Speaking of food, I had better go grab a yogurt or I just might do something dangerous!:eek: :eek: :D

We have the Coconut oil in our store but I can never figure out what to do with it. I don't do tea - don't care for the taste.

I apparently need Magnesium BAD!!!

I've mixed the cocnut oil in coffee as well. I don't care for it (oil) though so I just put it in a little bit of coffe or tea and swallow it fast! It cost about $8-$10. It lasts about a month though.

Okay so excitign update!
I won the biggest loser at my church for June (there's an individual winner every month). Any way..........I only lost 6 lbs. I know that's a lot but I didn't think it would win me a prize or anything. One month someone lost 25!
I WON A NEW BIKE!!!
The final weigh-in is the week after conference! Not fair! The team that loses the highest percentage of weight gets $1800! ($450 per person!)
My team is in 4th place though.

Christ Follower said:
Okay so excitign update!
I won the biggest loser at my church for June (there's an individual winner every month). Any way..........I only lost 6 lbs. I know that's a lot but I didn't think it would win me a prize or anything. One month someone lost 25!
I WON A NEW BIKE!!!
The final weigh-in is the week after conference! Not fair! The team that loses the highest percentage of weight gets $1800! ($450 per person!)
My team is in 4th place though.

WOW! congratulations Ellen - on the weight loss & the bike!

Biking is one of my favorite exercises!

Yes, great job. I hope you win that money.
I was just thinking, last night, that I need a monetary incentive to stop eating chocolate! That Biggest Loser contest would work for me. I'd even move to CA if my husband would come with the kids:)

Thanks! Hopefully I can keep going when the competition is over! I've got about 30lbs more to go! Plus I want to be healthy.

See you in Chicago. We can help each other stay healthy while we are there. You don't want to get too off track with your good eating habits.

I know, and everyone keeps talking about the amazing Chicago style pizza!
Maybe with all the walking at McCormick Place it won't be too bad???
A girl can hope can't she?

I'm not planning to have any pizza. I have a Starbucks gift card (I received it from the orthodontist office because I had to wait so long) and I plan to get one of their all fruit smoothies. No sugar or yogurt. All fruit and ice. I may live on those while I'm there.

Okay, I just got a postcard saying my team is now in 5th place. I don't think our team will win the $$ unless we all fast the next two weeks!
Two out of 4 on our team are the same weight as when the contest started!!!
That is soooo frustrating because I have worked my butt off! I didn't want to be the one to let my team down! Now they're the ones who are slacking! Don't they know I need the $$$?????? :0) :0)

Don't they know they need the money, too.

The ironic thing is the two that haven't lost anything (since Feb.) are the ones who were all amped about doing it and giving out the lectures in the beginning!

Any ideas on how to use the coconut without doing tea??? I don't care for tea but I know you need to melt it or take it in capsule form. Coconut oil is solid at room temp

Those of you that are going to conference - ANy ideas on how to stay close to our diets - Except for the occaisonal slice of Chicago style pizza? LOL!

You only need 1 tablespoon twice a day. You can put it in coffee, tea, hot chocolate or cook with it. I haven't cooked with it yet though. I just put it in a small cup of coffee or tea and drink it in two-three gulps without trying to taste it! You can even melt it in water that way.

Starbucks have all fruit smoothies?? Cool I know the Core program on WW allows non-fat cappacino

Snack on nuts? serving size is only 1/4 cup though! They are supposed to be filling though. How about lots of veggies?

Here is a recipe that is Core for WW and could me put in our little Measure Mix and Pour

Classic Everyday Italian Dressing (CORE)

Mix 2 minced (or pressed) cloves of garlic on a cutting board with 1 tsp salt. Mash into a paste. Combine with 6 TB reduced sodium chicken broth, ½ cup balsamic vinegar, 2 TB + t tsp extra virgin olive oil and 2 shallots minced ,

Cover and shake well. Refrigerate up to a week

Christ Follower said:
The ironic thing is the two that haven't lost anything (since Feb.) are the ones who were all amped about doing it and giving out the lectures in the beginning!

In defense of those who may not have lost any weight.......I joined WW 12 weeks ago, and have been the BEST WW you have ever seen - I do everything right - even better than the leaders - and I exercise every day........and in 12 weeks, I lost 3 lbs. I was so incredibly discouraged - but then had some testing done, and found I had some medical things going on that were keeping me from losing weight.
Now, it may be that they are not trying - but it also may be that they are trying and just aren't seeing any results. It that is the case, than think how discouraging it may be for them.........

Okay - off my soap box now!

Nope. They're not trying. They both confessed. :0)

Here is my plan for conference:

I am taking small packages of Almonds, Brazil Nuts, and Dried Cherries as emergency "I'm starving" snacks.

I plan on drinking as much water as I would at home (64 ounces a day) courtesy of the free water available outside all of the rooms at the McCormick Center.

I will eat sensible portions of the meals provided w/ registration - someone posted those meals in another thread - so I know that there are good choices for meals w/ all of them.

I will make healthy choices for the meals that I am responsible for - I know that I can do this - I do it everyday........I can even make good choices at McDonalds - so I'm not worried about that.

If confronted w/ Chicago-Style Pizza - I will have a slice (usually that is all I can eat of Chicago Style Pizza)- I'm not all that concerned about one slice of Pizza derailing what has become a lifestyle for me - and what fun is life if you don't allow yourself some treats! I don't go to Chicago, or get to hang out with a bunch of friends like this every week (or even every month) so I plan on enjoying myself, and asking God's blessing on the food that I eat, and moving on with life!:D

That sounds like a great plan!!

Okay, as much as I told myself today I would be good....I was bad!
I made the brownie S'mores pizza and a Paradise dessert pizza today for the 4th! Ate both! I better walk 5 miles tomorrow!!!

OK - I AM MOTIVATED NOW

I had no trouble getting into my beautiful (purchased too small) wedding dress and I have been trying to find the motivation to get the rest of this weight lost.

4 years ago I was down to 157. Just 7 lbs from goal at WW. Then I met this guy that my friends eventually started naming Psycho Boy. The stress and frustration because I couldn't get this guy to go away caused me to slide downhill on my diet and exercise! It was a situation where he would show up at my house uninvited and wouldn't go away. All over now except the rest of the weight is still on my body. I now have a wonderful hubby etc. I am excited and I am going to do this. I weighted in yesterday an have lost 4.4 lbs already so that is a total of 25 lbs lost since I started WW many moons ago. Still have 39 lbs to go to hit my WW goal but I know I can do it!!! I personally would like to get a little closer to 140 but 150 would be awesome.

Christfollower you were not bad you had a splurge - That does not make you a bad person. It makes you a person that enjoys rich foods. Don't we all! It's just important that the healthier eating be done more ofter then the indulgent eating. There is room for carrot sticks and chocolate in life

Thanks! Hey does it count if it's a chocolate-carrot cake? :0)

Great job Kathy! I'm excited for you!

Wow, Kathy! That's great. I gained half a pound last week, but I was having SERIOUS stomach problems (sorry if TMI, but its been the stress getting to me). If I wasn't bound up, I couldn't sop it, one or the other for over a week.

Now, I think I just need to excersize a bit more. http://smileydatabase.com/s/871.gif

So, I am hoping to see how I do this week. I'm nowhere near my goal, but people are starting to notice now! I have to post a pic of my new 'do, too.

I weighted in on Thursday and I have lost 4.4 lbs. of course my weigh in day is Thursday - My goal for conference is to maintain or better

I have put in 2 1/d hours on my biek in the last two days

I am getting some WW snacks and bringing WW oatmeal with me. I amnot sure if my WW smoothies will work in a shaker but I can experiment before the trip I might sneak some apples in my suitcase. I am glad to hear about the water being available at the conference center although I do have to have some caffeine daily (Dt. Coke my one vice, or at least the only one I will admit too) or I am not my naturally charming self.

I'm doing WW, flex not core. I'm thinking about trying core for a week or two. I have to plan plan plan for that. I don't know if DH will go for it. I've lost 10lbs in the last 7 weeks. It's a start.

Hey, all!

I'm back! The craziness around the let's-sell-our-house-and-move-to-a-different-city drama has started to die down, as the house is officially on the market (two showings in the first three days, too!), and I have a plan for keeping it clean. Whew!

I also have a plan to continue training now that DH is living two hours away during the week. I am running at my parents' house nearly every day, and it kills two birds: I get my training, and since they are surrounded by hills, I get my hillwork in, too. And let me tell you--hillwork stinks.

I ran four miles in high heat, humidity, and sunshine a couple of days ago--hills, of course. I had to stop to walk which was disappointing but not wholly unexpected. Yesterday at my in-laws' (much less hilly), I ran 6.5 with no problem whatsoever. That felt great. I didn't run today, and my diet was lousy (DD had to get doughnuts, and we celebrated my brother's birthday). But, I'm back on track tomorrow. My plan for the week is 3 Monday, 3.5 Tuesday, 4 Wednesday, off Thursday, 5 or 6 Friday, 7 or 8 on Saturday, and off Sunday. We'll see how it goes. I'll try to keep posting!

Frosting Recipe--dieters Beware!I know this request was a while back, but I haven't been here in a while!

"Can you share your recipe for the icing? I have been looking for a pretty good recipe for awhile now. I know this is a healthy thread, but we still have the little kiddies birthdays ya know. Thanks."

This recipe is NOT healthy in any way, shape, or form, but man is it terrific!

1/2 c. shortening
1/2 c. butter (use real salted butter)
1 tsp clear vanilla extract (you can use ours, if you don't mind the frosting not being purely white)
4 cups (1 lb) confectioner's sugar (powdered sugar)
2 tbsp milk (I like to use whole milk, but most people will never notice a difference between the milk varieties)
water

Using an electric mixer (and I use a stand mixer--it's SO easy), cream the butter and shortening until smooth. Add the vanilla and mix well. Then add the sugar, one cup at a time. Frosting will appear VERY dry. Scrape sides of bowl, mix a little more, then add the milk, and mix until well blended.

That will give you great decorating frosting. For frosting that spreads evenly and smoothly, remove as much frosting as you will need for decoration, then add water a tablespoon at a time until you reach a good spreading consistency (this takes some practice to be able to do without getting some out and testing it as you go!).

When I make frosting, I generally make at least a double batch, and usually a triple batch. This recipe can be multiplied up to as much space as you have in your mixing bowl and as much power as your mixer has. I can do up to a quadruple batch in my Kitchenaid stand mixer.

Good luck!

Sounds like good frosting. Don't think I'll be making that for at least awhile. I like to use almond extract in my frosting instead of vanilla.

Brandie!! Good grief! Are you trying to torture me?! LOL http://smileydatabase.com/s/420.gif

There was a yummy sounding WW core recipe that was sent out todya core r core recipe

I have found several recipes that my hubby and I both enjoy on Core

Cabbage Casserole - Like stuffed cabbage only easier
Meatloaf - Oatmeal instead of Bread crumbs - My mom used to make it this way
Chicken Chili
I Love Polenta
There is more than carrot sticks on Core

----------

Strawberry-Kiwi Banana Cream Pie

Core Recipe

Servings: 6
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 0 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
This crustless cream pie looks fancy but is truly simple to prepare. Swap any fresh fruit you have on hand and decorate to your ability.

Ingredients
1 oz fat-free sugar-free instant banana pudding and pie filling mix
2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
1 cups strawberries, thinly sliced, divided
2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
Instructions
Prepare pudding according to package directions but use fat-free evaporated milk instead of regular skim milk.

Cover bottom of a 9-inch glass pie plate with a layer of sliced strawberries.

Pour pudding on top of strawberries. Smooth pudding surface with a wooden spoon and garnish with remaining strawberries and with kiwi slices. Refrigerate pie for at least 2 hours. Slice into 6 pieces and serve immediately.
Notes
This pie is a little 'soft' so serve immediately after cutting.

I am trying this tonight and will let you know how it tastes

Last edited:
Sorry, Anne! Maybe I should have PMed the person who asked for the recipe instead of torturing my fellow "get Healthy" comrades! :p

Well, I have done okay today. My meals haven't been the healthiest, but they've been reasonable portions, and I haven't done much snacking. I ran 3.5 very hilly miles this morning out at my folks' place. Anyone ever notice that the uphill climb is always longer and steeper than the downhill? Sheesh!

I hope to run 6.5 again tomorrow because there is supposed to be a break in the weather for a few days (it's not supposed to even get to 80!). I figure that I have to get my long runs in as often as I can when the weather permits me to!

Oh, and a note on our house--we have a showing today and tomorrow--that makes four showings in six days on the market. Not too shabby! Please keep your fingers crossed that it will sell quickly so that I can be with my DH again!

I'm so glad I came across this thread! I was so inspired that I did my Walk Awy the Pounds DVD!
I have been doing Weight Watchers on and off (mostly off) since January, but really want to focus on being healthy and being a healthy role model for my son.
I haven't been really good about tracking my points but I weigh myself weekly to keep myself accountable!
I really need to work on drinking more water and excercising more!!
I will definately be back :D

Whoo, Hoo! I lost a couple of pounds during conference. All that walking paid off in more than one way! The sessions were long walks away, but they were always worth the walk. And now I'm really glad for the walks.

<h2>1. What is the Fiber 35 Diet?</h2><p>The Fiber 35 Diet is a weight loss and health program that focuses on increasing dietary fiber intake to improve overall health and aid in weight loss. It was created by nutritionist Brenda Watson and is based on the concept of consuming 35 grams of fiber per day.</p><h2>2. How does the Fiber 35 Diet work?</h2><p>The Fiber 35 Diet works by increasing fiber intake, which helps to keep you feeling full and satisfied, regulates blood sugar levels, and supports healthy digestion. It also involves incorporating whole, nutrient-dense foods into meals and snacks and reducing processed and high-sugar foods.</p><h2>3. Is the Fiber 35 Diet suitable for everyone?</h2><p>The Fiber 35 Diet is generally safe and suitable for most adults. However, it is always best to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new diet or health program, especially if you have any underlying health conditions or are taking medications.</p><h2>4. Can I still lose weight if I don't need to lose a lot?</h2><p>Yes, the Fiber 35 Diet is not just for weight loss, but also for improving overall health. Even if you don't have a lot of weight to lose, following the principles of the diet can still benefit your health and help you maintain a healthy weight.</p><h2>5. What kind of results can I expect from the Fiber 35 Diet?</h2><p>Results may vary from person to person, but many people who follow the Fiber 35 Diet report feeling more energized, having better digestion, and losing weight. It is important to note that results also depend on individual commitment and following the program properly.</p>

1. What is the Fiber 35 Diet?

The Fiber 35 Diet is a weight loss and health program that focuses on increasing dietary fiber intake to improve overall health and aid in weight loss. It was created by nutritionist Brenda Watson and is based on the concept of consuming 35 grams of fiber per day.

2. How does the Fiber 35 Diet work?

The Fiber 35 Diet works by increasing fiber intake, which helps to keep you feeling full and satisfied, regulates blood sugar levels, and supports healthy digestion. It also involves incorporating whole, nutrient-dense foods into meals and snacks and reducing processed and high-sugar foods.

3. Is the Fiber 35 Diet suitable for everyone?

The Fiber 35 Diet is generally safe and suitable for most adults. However, it is always best to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new diet or health program, especially if you have any underlying health conditions or are taking medications.

4. Can I still lose weight if I don't need to lose a lot?

Yes, the Fiber 35 Diet is not just for weight loss, but also for improving overall health. Even if you don't have a lot of weight to lose, following the principles of the diet can still benefit your health and help you maintain a healthy weight.

5. What kind of results can I expect from the Fiber 35 Diet?

Results may vary from person to person, but many people who follow the Fiber 35 Diet report feeling more energized, having better digestion, and losing weight. It is important to note that results also depend on individual commitment and following the program properly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
Replies
Views
heat123