• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Become Healthier Together: Join the Fiber 35 Diet!

In summary, the person is restarting the Fiber 35 diet, is trying to get healthy, and has tried many different weight loss plans in the past.
Not giving up on everyone. How is the "healthy squad" doing? I did buy a little bit of bridge mix today and ate it, but I'm roasting red and yellow peppers on the grill for dinner to put on my dark green lettuce salad. I also bought many fresh vegetables and fruits which will be eaten today and tomorrow. I had oatmeal with golden raisins for breakfast.
I also walked to the beach, up the stairs to look at the beautiful, calm lake and back home for a 40 minute brisk walk.
I went shopping today for nicer clothes and was able to stick with all medium shirts and size 10 shorts. That's a good thing. I hate being in between sizes where I'm either a large or a medium, etc.
I hope you are all making healthy choices more often then not. Keep trying!

I am making the salad they are featuring on the recipe section of PC...

Berry & Kiwi Salad with Sweet Balsamic Dressing
The silky, pale green leaves of Boston lettuce pair beautifully with summer fruit and the subtle caramel flavor of the dressing.

Ingredients:

Dressing
1/2 cup (125 mL) white balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar
1/4 cup (50 mL) heavy whipping cream

Salad
Almond Clusters (optional, see Cook's Tips)
1 small head Boston or bibb lettuce
1 cup (250 mL) strawberries, hulled and halved
1 cup (250 mL) blackberries or blueberries
2 kiwi, peeled and cut into wedges

Directions:
1. For dressing, whisk vinegar and sugar in (1.5-qt./1.5 L) Saucepan using Silicone Sauce Whisk. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and cook 6-8 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half (1/4 cup/50 mL). Slowly whisk in cream; cook without stirring 2 minutes. Remove from heat; cool. Cover; refrigerate until ready to serve

2. If desired, prepare Almond Clusters and set aside. For salad, discard any bruised outer leaves from head of lettuce. Gently wash lettuce and berries in separate colanders of Salad & Berry Spinner; spin dry. (Keep the small lettuce leaves whole and tear larger outer leaves, if necessary.) For each serving, place lettuce into serving bowl. Arrange strawberries, blackberries and kiwi over lettuce. Drizzle with about 1 tbsp (15 mL) dressing; serve with Almond Clusters, if desired. (Cover and refrigerate any remaining dressing for another use.)

Yield: 4 servings

Nutrients per serving: Light (about 1 cup/250 mL salad and 1 tbsp/15 mL dressing): Calories 120, Total Fat 3.5 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Carbohydrate 23 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 5 mg, Fiber 3 g

U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving (about 1 cup/250 mL salad and 1 tbsp/15 mL dressing): 1 1/2 fruit, 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat (1 1/2 carb)

Cook's Tips: For Almond Clusters, combine 1/4 cup (50 mL) sliced almonds, 2 tsp (10 mL) corn syrup and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) sugar in (8-in./20 cm) Sauté Pan; toss to coat. Cook and stir over medium-high heat 5-7 minutes or until almonds begin to brown, stirring frequently. Immediately remove from pan onto Parchment Paper; cool completely. Break into clusters.

To make this a bit more lower calorie, I used Splenda in place of sugar, in both the dressing and the nuts. I also used coffee creamer in place of heavy whipping cream. I haven't done the calculations, but I know I shaved a few calories off this. Oh, I also used pecans in place of almonds. Just my personal preference.

I am taking this to our meeting tomorrow morning and having some for dinner tonight.

Sounds good, and it's always good to be creative in lowering the calories when you're trying to eat healthy.
I grilled a red pepper and yellow pepper and put it in my spring mix lettuce with half an avocado and cherry tomatoes. Then I chopped it up with my salad chopper. I like those things!

JAE said:
Congrats Anne,
What kinds of things is your nutritionist telling you to eat? Are you weighing in there or at a program, like Weight Watchers?
JAE

We eat 3 proteins, 3 fruits and 3 veggies a day, 1 light startch, 1 heavy startch, 1 tbs of fat, and I think 8oz skim milk and lots of water. There is other stuff, but I can't remember. We use a lot of the Walden Farms products. Not cheap--but they are decent. There is a list of things we can eat. And, there are things you don't combine due to salt content and digestion. We also eat every two hours, small portions, but I have only been hungry once or twice the whole time. I''ve never eaten so much in my life! We weigh in at her office. Its just me, Dave, and Nancy. Nice and private. We fill out a form of what we eat and she reviews it. She gives us great support--even when we go off track.

ChefBeckyD said:
Anne that is AWESOME! CONGRATULATIONS! I think there must be a difference if you've lost 16 lbs! That has to be at least 1 size down! I think sometimes we talk trash to ourselves about our bodies.....we need to stop that! I bet you are looking so fine Girl!
I noticed stretch marks on my stomach this morning. UGH! And, a shirt I put on that is usually tight, felt OK. Yeah, I am sure I'm my own worst enemy as far as downing myself.

THANKS FOR ALL!!

I haven't run in a few days, but my diet has been "good", if you consider barely there good. I am planning to run in the morning before we head to Indy to look at apartments. Four miles will do me a ton of good!

sailortena said:
I am so excited, I had my Weight Watchers weigh-in yesterday, and I lost 3.2 pounds ... making my total weight loss in WW being 70.2 pounds! Woo! I wear a size 10 now ... I wouldn't mind being a size 8!

According to charts, WW says I have to lose 11 more pounds to make into the highest part of the chart for my weight goal. (I'm 5 foot 10, weight 185, and according to the WW chart my "healthy weight" should be in the range of 138-174.)

I use the first Biggest Loser workout DVD. I started doing the High Intensity cardio and the "Boot Camp" workouts on there ... trainer Bob really makes you work your tush! I work out 6 days a week, and will start doing 2 workouts on Saturdays and Sundays to "kick it up" a notch. I tried doing that on Sunday .... HI workout in the morning, and a scupting session in the evening.

I am visiting my parents in PA in three weeks, and my mother had promised me a shopping spree once I got to size 10. I've had to replace my ALL of my clothes! I still need to get tons more. I have many, many more clothes sitting in the closet that are too big and I have to wash them and give them away to GoodWill.
HOW WONDERFUL!!! way to go@@@

Ran about four miles this morning. It's pretty muggy, but I try to focus on my music instead of all the sweat dripping down my face. There's a pleasant morning thought. Had my oatmeal today, but I know tonight at the Father's Day family gathering I'm bringing a strawberry chocolate trifle. I won't be passing that up. SIL is bringing veggies, so I'll eat a lot of those, too. Have a healthy weekend, everyone!

I think I am going to go back to WW. The Fiber 35 is great but I like the support and the recognition at WW. Guess it is why I like PC too The core program to me is probably the healthiest of all the commericail programs.

One of the best ways to lose weight and keep it off is to have accountability, and WW does a good job with that. Also, writing down every thing that goes in the mouth is another great tool when trying to lose weight. Of course, you can't forget about the 30 minutes of cardio every day and at least 10 minutes three times a week of strengh training. I've been slacking in the strength training area. I've been doing it only once or twice a week.
Hope the WW plan works for you. Keep us updated.
JAE

One problem I have with cardio is if it isn't at least 45-60 minutes I don't feel like I have done much. My all-or-nothing personality again

I totally agree about the 45-60 minute time for cardio. But for people who aren't crazy like us, or are busy and don't want to take that much time (which is me sometimes) it's good to know that 30 minutes is adequate for good health benefits.

I went to weigh in - OUCH Now to go over my materials again Check the fridge and freezer and shop for success

AJPratt said:
We eat 3 proteins, 3 fruits and 3 veggies a day, 1 light startch, 1 heavy startch, 1 tbs of fat, and I think 8oz skim milk and lots of water. There is other stuff, but I can't remember. We use a lot of the Walden Farms products. Not cheap--but they are decent. There is a list of things we can eat. And, there are things you don't combine due to salt content and digestion. We also eat every two hours, small portions, but I have only been hungry once or twice the whole time. I''ve never eaten so much in my life! We weigh in at her office. Its just me, Dave, and Nancy. Nice and private. We fill out a form of what we eat and she reviews it. She gives us great support--even when we go off track.

I noticed stretch marks on my stomach this morning. UGH! And, a shirt I put on that is usually tight, felt OK. Yeah, I am sure I'm my own worst enemy as far as downing myself.

THANKS FOR ALL!!

AJ..... you ROCK!!!!! I know how difficult it is to try and change your body and mind, and to do it is awesome. Plus, you have an added bonus that your husband is on board, in the same boat, as you. My husband is just the opposite. I have lost almost 35 lbs since Jan and he's probably gained somewhere near that. But I am not his Mom, so if he's not up for a walk with me and Enzo, so be it. But darn it, since I do the cooking at least he's eating well. Maybe too much, but well.

Ok the stretch marks suck, but what can you do about them? Wear them as a badge of honor, of where you have been and how far you have come and how far you are going.

You will start seeing clothes that were tight start to fit, and some start to get darn loose. How cool is that!?!??! Just keep at it. I wore a skirt yesterday, that lord knows why I kept it, but I hadn't fit into it in 5, if not more years. To bad I am dirt broke, it would be so much fun to buy all new clothes. Luckily I kept at wide variety of sizes in my closet. But even now I am getting near the low end.

Just keep going.

Thanks, Carol. I had better get moving on the tummy exercises. My nutritionist said, it'll take a while for everything to "snap back". LOL I guess once I lose the weight, I'll wind up pregnant. Then again, I won't be complaining.

Anne,
How are the "tummy exercises" going? I love doing Pilates. There are a lot of abdominal strengthening exercises in Pilates. What exercises are you doing?

I'm eating okay so far today. Didn't do too bad yesterday, but it could have been better. I had a few Teddy Grahams and a couple of brownies along with my fruits and vegetables. Not at the same time, but you know what I mean. Keep being healthy everyone!

I haven't been doing so good but my mood is better - Tomorrow is another day!

Kathytnt said:
I haven't been doing so good but my mood is better - Tomorrow is another day!
OOOO, don't give up yet. It's only 4:00, here. You can still have a good rest of the day.

It's been a frustrating day of dealing w/ Insurance and the hospital, for my mom - but I've tried to be good........just had a banana, but then wanted something salty - so had some Sun Chips (I tell myself they are whole grain - 3 g of fiber in every serving!:D ), and now I am going to have a few olives - LOVE olives!

Have no desire to cook tonight - and we have Chiropractors appt's at 5, so I'm hoping DH just suggests that we eat out after that - I'll make him think he suggested it, I think!

Oh I am heading to work for the next 6 hours - that is the only reason I was looking at tomorrow already

I rarely feel like cooking because all I ever eat is salad with lots of vegetables. My boys are picky, and I wouldn't want to heat up the house with a hot oven. Ha! So, my family will have grilled hot dogs (they don't care about health) and I'll put dark leaf salad on their plates. I roasted yellow peppers under the broiler on a non PC pan. (What PC product can I use to broil? Maybe I'll start a thread and ask.) I'll chop it up and put it on the baby leaf lettuce with 1/4 of a chopped avocado and a tomato.

JAE said:
Anne,
How are the "tummy exercises" going? I love doing Pilates. There are a lot of abdominal strengthening exercises in Pilates. What exercises are you doing?

I'm eating okay so far today. Didn't do too bad yesterday, but it could have been better. I had a few Teddy Grahams and a couple of brownies along with my fruits and vegetables. Not at the same time, but you know what I mean. Keep being healthy everyone!

I bought a ball like they had at the gym and I have been doing those exercises. Its more than just tummy stuff.

I like the exercise ball! That's probably a great workout. I don't have one, though. I don't like equipment all over my house. I saw one at Salvation Army once, and I should have bought it because it was such a good deal. I could leave it in the basement, and it would be exercise to bring it up. Maybe I'll get one someday. Maybe if I could catch up on my scrapbooking, I could move the big rubbermaid bin out of the front closet and put the ball in there. Buying the ball could be my reward for catching up and cleaning out the scrapbooking. We'll see.
Keep working out everyone!

AJPratt said:
Thanks, Carol. I had better get moving on the tummy exercises. My nutritionist said, it'll take a while for everything to "snap back". LOL I guess once I lose the weight, I'll wind up pregnant. Then again, I won't be complaining.

If I wound up pregnant, I would be thanking God. That's not gonna happen.

The snap back... well I am waiting for my thighs to snap back. Not gonna happen!! Now if someone could come up with some effective way to rid me of cellulite, I would be singing their praises.

Keep doing what you are doing.

AJPratt said:
I bought a ball like they had at the gym and I have been doing those exercises. Its more than just tummy stuff.

The ball, I have one. It makes doing crunches at least somewhat different. Plus you can do alot of other things on it.

The only way to get rid of cellulite is to stop looking! :)

Hi Everyone,

I just saw this thread and wanted to jump on in. I hate "dieting" too. I feel like I have been on a diet my whole entire life...oh wait I have been. I really struggled and then my first year out of college I said forget this and lost 45 pounds. I pretty much kept it off for about five year (give or take the 5-10 yo-yo pounds) and then decided to get pregnant. So, I thought I would do a "practice" gaining of 10 pounds and then put on 80 with my pregnancy. It was like I saw the scale going up and up and up but I was so out of control. I joined my "healthy lifestyle way of eating" aka "dieting" class again because I only lost 20 after having the baby. Then my husband got stationed in Guam and we moved out there. So...I was off to a place where it is a million degrees and I was way overweight. Needless to say I found a group of girls who likes to powerwalk so I started eating better again and pushing the stroller for a powerwalk each morning. I know have completed 5Ks and a 10k relay on the base and lost an additional 40 pounds.

Unfortunately, since I am back in Connecticut visiting my family my workout routine as laxed and I've gained back 5 in the last four weeks and I'm still here for another 4 weeks so it's back to trying to be strict again.

Sorry for the story but just wanted to let you know that we're all out here wanting to eat the fun stuff and wondering why we have to work so hard at it. Of course go figure that I justed started a business where food (and great food) is one of the main parts. Luckily, I try to keep myself so busy at the shows that I won't eat. It's just too bad that so far my shows have been for family and friends so I feel more comfortable eating at their shows.

Well, sorry for the novel. Have a good night.

JAE said:
The only way to get rid of cellulite is to stop looking! :)

Okay - that made me spit out my coffee - I wasn't expecting to laugh while reading this thread!

I have an exercise ball - it's in the basement storage room!:rolleyes:

For the past year or so, exercise has been so painful - it hasn't energized me, it has made me feel wiped out for the next whole day after I would exercise. The only thing I found that I could do w/ any consistency was a 20 minute Pilates DVD, so have been doing that 3-4 mornings a week.
But since I just found out last week why I've felt so crappy (Epstein-Barr Virus & Lime Disease!) I am hoping that very shortly I will have the energy and stamina to actually exercise again. I have gained about 30 lbs in the last couple yrs - and no amount of dieting - not even being a MODEL Weight Watcher - has helped me lose any of the weight. The Dr. said that my body is just too tired and full of toxicity to do anything right at the the moment - but just wait! As soon as I am feeling better, I'll be an exercising fool!:D :D :D

Becky,

I am so sorry to hear about your sickness but I am glad that you caught it and can begin some sort of treatment. You will be feeling well in no time. Plus, with all the new found energy coming, I know good things with follow.

I was doing WW for a time period (the points system). I liked it but I find it so easy to be "bad" and get off track. We just need to keep plugging away. I'm sure once you are feeling better it will be even more motivation to get as healthy as possible.

I hope you feel better soon.

cookingmommy said:
Becky,I am so sorry to hear about your sickness but I am glad that you caught it and can begin some sort of treatment. You will be feeling well in no time. Plus, with all the new found energy coming, I know good things with follow. I was doing WW for a time period (the points system). I liked it but I find it so easy to be "bad" and get off track. We just need to keep plugging away. I'm sure once you are feeling better it will be even more motivation to get as healthy as possible.I hope you feel better soon.
Thanks Erin! What I learned from WW was that actually, my eating habits and choices were already very good - I ate better & healthier than anyone else - including the leader, and I really am very good at portion control, and even pretty good at portioning treats. It was that frustration, plus the fact that I started having some days when I could hardly get out of bed, that made me start digging deeper, and not just going by what my family dr. said. I had started to think that maybe I was crazy, or a hypochondriac, or just very depressed.....but I just couldn't totally believe that was true - the physical symptoms were just too real!
I am already feeling better after 1 week of new meds (homeopathic ones) and I have a couple more I have to go pick up today. My new DR told me I will be feeling MUCH better in about 4 weeks (that was last week). I'm glad that I'll be feeling better and have more energy for NC!!!So, Today -For breakfast I am eating Cascade Fresh Yogurt (a brand sweetened only w/ fruit - no processed sugar) w/ a banana and blueberries & some granola..........

Ok friends I have some brag numbers for you...

Since October 17th 2006 I have lost in inches:

Inches lost -
Waist - 7.5"
Chest - 7.5"
Hips - 6.5"

Total: 21.5"

I also lost about 5 inches off each thigh and three inches off each arm! Whoo Hoo!

I just got my measurements today so I am all proud of myself..LOL....

slow and steady wins the race...since last April I have lost 70 pounds....

thanks for listening :)

misty

Wow Misty! Good for you. You should be proud of yourself. That's a lot of hard work.
I could stand to lose a few inches off of my thighs, too. Unfortunately, they will always be out of proportion to the rest of my body unless I get lipo. Now there's a thought. I guess I better start getting some shows and recruits!

How is everyone doing?

Today and yesterday I'm not eating well. I made those cookies with Ann's recipe (see the chocolate chip cookie thread), and I've pretty much eaten too many. Still exercising, but that's never my problem. Tomorrow my husband will take the cookies to work with him, and I won't be looking at them (and eating them) all day.
JAE

Not doing so well either although people are telling me that I look like I have lost weight. Must be the new highlights. Does blonde make you look thinner???

I don't know about that... I'm a pretty chubby blonde!

I wish I could lose about 20 lbs before conference Guess I could just stop eating now

I think if you just try to be healthy as a lifestyle you can lose 8-10 pounds before conference. Drink lots of water. It speeds up your metabolism, and eat way more vegetables than meat and dairy. Exercise (cardio) every day, no exceptions, for at least a half hour. You will feel so good it may look like you've lost 20 pounds because everyone will notice your glowing face! Don't give up and never stop starting over!

I could do 20 by then... I guess because I'm already at 16. LOL Its amazing since I've been eating better, I'm not as bloated.

Just One Pound
Your Monday Morning Success Tip

Hi there! You probably already know me, but let me introduce myself. I'm a pound of fat and I'm very, very happy. You might be wondering, "Why is this pound of fat so happy?"

Well, I'm happy because nobody ever wants to lose me - you see, I'm only one-pound! Everybody wants to lose five-pounds, ten-pounds or twenty-pounds. It seems like nobody wants to lose one-pound! So, I'm safe. I hang around your tummy, your arms and your chin just enjoying life.

I'm very clever too! When you're not really watching, I get some of my other one-pound friends to move in with me. They move in slowly, a little here and a little there. You never even notice until ten, twenty or even more pounds are keeping me company and you can't button your jeans.

I just love it when people look at the scale and say, "I only lost a pound all week!" (They think that one pound is nothing, but the truth is that I'm about the size of a large grapefruit.) They're so discouraged all day and are telling their friends how they only lost one-pound. I'm just chuckling as other people start to believe that I'm not worth losing too.

Yep! Being a pound of fat is a good life. Nobody ever wants to lose one-pound!

I jumped on the bike today - 90 minutes alleged 1300 cals burned according to my bike

I have been watching old editions of The Biggest lLoser on the Style channel

I heard a interview with Keith Urban on CMT discussing his life and post-rehab. He was asked about the young hollywood types and thier breif and unsuccessful attempts at rehab. He says that you can't do it because you should or you have too you have to do it because your WANT to. This is probably why he choose to extend his stay for the minimal 30 days to the 90 days because he is serious about doing this right this time.

I WANTED to lose weight to fit in my wedding dress and I did - I have to keep the WANT to attitude in from of my rather than the have to and the should attitude. This is such a huge diffence in attitude with that one word.

I agree... I have decided that I WANT to eat better and I WANT to feel better... it makes a difference.

That's awesome, Kathy and Anne.

Thanks.... even if I didn't lose any more weight, I would stay at this because I FEEL much better!

JAE said:
What wave are you in for conference

I am a wave 2'er! Just got an email from my exec dir and she wants to have a big pizza party on Thurs night!!! Who can say no to Chicago pizza!! Better plan on walking about a gzillon miles to work that off!!

Hey, I'm new to CS. Is it too late to get in on this? I've been a part of a weight loss challenge through my church since Feb.4th and it's over the week after conference (of all times!) Just because the challenge is over, dosen't mean it's over for my goals!
Ellen Hill--Wave 1!!!

Christ follower ~ it's never to late to join in this thread! :) And by the way, Welcome to CS! I also would like to say that I LOVE your screen name! I just love people who are bold for Jesus!:D ;)

As for me and this getting healthy thing - I'm working on it! My neighbor and I committed to walking every morning! So that is our plan and I hope I can loose another pant/dress size before I get to confernece!:)

PamperChefCarol said:
I am a wave 2'er! Just got an email from my exec dir and she wants to have a big pizza party on Thurs night!!! Who can say no to Chicago pizza!! Better plan on walking about a gzillon miles to work that off!!
I know! As long as I eat everything else that I am supposed to, my nutritionist is OK with me swaying a bit.

Christ Follower said:
Hey, I'm new to CS. Is it too late to get in on this? I've been a part of a weight loss challenge through my church since Feb.4th and it's over the week after conference (of all times!) Just because the challenge is over, dosen't mean it's over for my goals!
Ellen Hill--Wave 1!!!
No way! C'mon in! Share your goals!

Hey thanks! My sister-in-law gave me a tip that's really helped out (most of the time)...When going anywhere to eat (potlucks, resturants, etc.) focus on what you CAN eat, not on what you can't eat. I don't think that'll help with the Chicago style piza though! :)

I saw a yummy snack/appetizer in my Southern Living magazine. A pear cut into about 15 slices with Laughing Cow Light Swiss process cheese softened and spread on one end of each pear slice and then chopped pecan pieces pressed onto the cheese.

Julie

Sounds Yummy Julie

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
Replies