• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Become Healthier Together: Join the Fiber 35 Diet!

In summary, the person is restarting the Fiber 35 diet, is trying to get healthy, and has tried many different weight loss plans in the past.
Other than a small bit of brownie s'mores (I had to test them, of course), I did well last night--veggies and cheese. Breakfast was grapefruit. It's getting warm again, so I'm having trouble working up an appetite. I did put in my bike time this morning, though.

I'm someone who NEEDS protein in the morning! I find if I have a high protein breakfast, then the rest of my day, eating wise, is much better.

I just had - 2 Eggs, over easy (using a bit of olive oil in my 8 inch saute pan!;) )
with 1 slice of sprouted whole grain toast, and pink grapefruit. All Organic also. I eat organic as much as I can afford for many reasons. I've done alot of research, and read a ton, and also have seen incredible health benefits myself, and with others that I know. There are many reports and studies that show that organic fruits and veggies have way more of the vitamins, minerals, and antioxidents that our bodies need than conventionally grown produce.......and even more studies on the effects of growth hormones and antibiotics used in beef, pork, etc....... Plus the fact that it is so much better for the environment.
My biggest "bad" habit is Coffee - I LOVE coffee, and am pretty sure I wouldn't want to live life without it!

I have decided to join you, Last night when I got home from work I went for a walk, I walked about 2 hours, not really fast, but at least I did it, I took my dog with me he is so lazy he just kept looking at me like, hey are we going to turn around yet.

Chef Becky, What is sprouted whole grain toast?
Great job walking for two hours, chefpattie. I've had such a busy day I haven't had time to eat much, and I've eaten a good portion of fruit and veggies. I'll try not to ruin things by eating the cookie dough in the frig.

Getting ready to go for a run...gonna do three miles, but it won't be easy (even for me, Rae!). It's 88 degrees, windy as all get out, and I'm tired from manning my garage sale all day. But, hey, I have to pound the pavement, or it's going to pound me in Oregon!

Food-wise my day was lousy! Forgot breakfast (garage sale), had DQ for lunch, and two hot dogs for dinner. Ugh. My weight tomorrow morning is going to be ugly...

I'm really trying to keep this thread in front of you all. I don't want you to forget that you're trying to stay healthy, and I want to talk with you about healthy habits. I started out good today, but then the cookies kicked in. Too bad my stones turn out such good cookies!

Breakfast was baked oatmeal.Lunch was a few bites of lean ham sandwich, a bite of groundhog (tastes like a cross between beef and venison, in case you were wondering), fresh veggies, Apple-Berry Salsa with sweet potato chips, and watermelon.Dinner will be leftovers. Since I'm not a huge venison fan, the groundhog won't be part of those leftovers.

JAE said:
Chef Becky, What is sprouted whole grain toast?
Great job walking for two hours, chefpattie. I've had such a busy day I haven't had time to eat much, and I've eaten a good portion of fruit and veggies. I'll try not to ruin things by eating the cookie dough in the frig.

Like Ezekial Bread......you can find it in the freezer section of most Grocery stores (Meijers, Family Fare, D&W)....I buy a kind from Harvest Health Foods that is fresh though......

How do you make baked oatmeal? I make two servings of oatmeal on the stove every other morning and save half of it for the next day. Then I warm the leftovers up in the microwave.

Baked oatmeal is something I discovered at a women's retreat. The camp where the retreat was held provided meals. The first morning I was there the women were all excited that they were serving "the oatmeal." I wondered why everyone was excited about oatmeal. Did they seriously lack fiber in their diets? Then I tasted it. Man, oh, man! It tastes like an oatmeal cookie.

Also, it's really cheap and easy to prepare. It's one of those things you slop together, throw in a pan, and shove in the oven. I add a teaspoon or two of Cinnamon Plus sometimes for variety. Yes, you can add raisins before baking, but I'm not partial to what The Furry Guy's uncle calls dried flies.

Baked Oatmeal

1/2 c vegetable oil
3/4 c sugar
2 eggs
3/4 T baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 1/8 c milk
3 c oatmeal (rolled or quick cook--not instant)

Preheat oven to 350F. Beat oil and sugar together with whisk. Add eggs. Add remaining ingredients. (I usually switch to a Classic Scraper for this part.) Mix well. Pour into greased 9 x 9 pan. (This fits well into the Small Round Baker. A half recipe fits perfectly in the small oval baker.)

Bake until firm and golden brown (about 1 hour). Can be topped with raisins and brown sugar.

I guess I'll have to pass on the baked oatmeal. I could just eat Lucky Charms if I wanted that much sugar or Dinosaur instant oatmeal would be good, too. I guess because this is the "healthy squad" thread, I'll stick with my plain oatmeal with raisins or bananas and cinnamon sometimes.

Kathytnt said:
I was originally going to make this a weight loss thread but not everyone needs to lose weight. Also those that are trying to lose weight may be do it in different manners. I want this to be a place for all of us to be able to discuss geting and feeling healthier.

I am restarting the Fiber 35 diet today. Last time I started this I felt really good - Lots of energy - etc.

Anyone want to join me???

I will put in a second post with my weight loss history to start the thread.
Kathy
How is your diet going?

Anyone trying to be healthy today?

I'm eating healthy right now. Does anyone care? Just trying to keep this thread alive!

JAE said:
I guess I'll have to pass on the baked oatmeal. I could just eat Lucky Charms if I wanted that much sugar or Dinosaur instant oatmeal would be good, too. I guess because this is the "healthy squad" thread, I'll stick with my plain oatmeal with raisins or bananas and cinnamon sometimes.
Since it serves 8 to 10 people, I don't think it's too bad on sugar, but you're welcome to disagree. You can also cut the sugar in half, which is what I do.

Last edited:
raebates said:
Baked oatmeal is something I discovered at a women's retreat. The camp where the retreat was held provided meals. The first morning I was there the women were all excited that they were serving "the oatmeal." I wondered why everyone was excited about oatmeal. Did they seriously lack fiber in their diets? Then I tasted it. Man, oh, man! It tastes like an oatmeal cookie.

Also, it's really cheap and easy to prepare. It's one of those things you slop together, throw in a pan, and shove in the oven. I add a teaspoon or two of Cinnamon Plus sometimes for variety. Yes, you can add raisins before baking, but I'm not partial to what The Furry Guy's uncle calls dried flies.

Baked Oatmeal

1/2 c vegetable oil
3/4 c sugar
2 eggs
3/4 T baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 1/8 c milk
3 c oatmeal (rolled or quick cook--not instant)

Preheat oven to 350F. Beat oil and sugar together with whisk. Add eggs. Add remaining ingredients. (I usually switch to a Classic Scraper for this part.) Mix well. Pour into greased 9 x 9 pan. (This fits well into the Small Round Baker. A half recipe fits perfectly in the small oval baker.)

Bake until firm and golden brown (about 1 hour). Can be topped with raisins and brown sugar.

Someone commented on the sugar... couldn't you use Splenda, or one of those other fake sugars out there? My concern is the oil... can this be cut? And one more question, how many servings does the recipe make?

The recipe serves 8 to 10 people. It's very filling.Yes, you can substitute artificial sweetener or even honey for the sugar. (Several people have already posted concerns about artificial sweeteners, though.)As for the oil, I use light olive oil. It has no discernible taste, and gives me some healthy fat for the day. Since it's baked, I imagine you could substitute apple sauce. This would also allow you to further cut the sugar or sweetener.

raebates said:
Since it serves 8 to 10 people, I don't think it's too bad on sugar, but you're welcome to disagree. You can also cut the sugar in half, which is what I do.
It could definitely be worse on sugar, but on the whole there are 308-385 calories per serving depending on how many servings you go with. Also, 31% of the calories are from fat, at least not saturated or trans. This is calculated using skim milk. Personally, I'm trying to move away from sugar in my breakfast unless it's from all natural fruit. Can't wait for blueberries to be in season around here. I live less than five miles from a blueberry farm.

Good Heavens! What are you doing with all the calculations?! Holy smokes! I don't think I could calculate my food so definitively--though maybe I should! :D I've always been of the opinion that breakfast is the one meal of the deal to "cheat" if you're going to--your metabolism is getting revved up for the day, and a little extra to burn can be doable in the morning moreso than at night. Of course, I like to run in the mornings before I eat, so everything is going full-speed by the time I have breakfast.

Food intake has been pretty awful this weekend--the garage sale kept me eating only what was really easy or what people would pick up for me, so I ate three fast food meals (ugh--and felt awful), and the rest was quick, not-so-healthy stuff. I did drink a lot of fluids, though, and I was active, even yesterday when I didn't run. I ran three really awful miles Friday night--it was hot, windy, and generally miserable, but I got it done. Tonight I was planning to run four miles, but when I finished four, I felt so great that I went ahead and did and extra mile! It was great, and I feel awesome--plus I ran sub-12-minute miles (which is good for me at that distance)! Fellow runners will know what I mean--sometimes when you're running you get to a point where you could just keep going and going until your legs don't work any more. I was still there at the end of five miles, but I decided that I need to get to bed sometime tonight! :p

Have a great evening and fabulous Monday--I hope to be home to post again tomorrow night!

I had a health minor in college and nutrition was my favorite part. Don't get me wrong though, I'm eating Wheat Thins right out of the box as we speak. I find that breakfast is the best time to eat extremely healthy because I don't have cravings for sugar or chocolate until way later in the day. I eat as healthy as possible at breakfast because I know I'll struggle later in the day.

Great job on the running!

Hmmmm.... I never thought about the cravings. Partly, I suppose, because I rarely eat poorly at breakfast. Usually Cheerios. Occasionally a sausage link or some eggs. Does eating sugary foods in the morning cause cravings for sugary foods? I did not know that! I love this thread!

Your body wants what it gets most often. If all you eat is fruit and veggies then if you start feeding it sugar it will miss fruit and veggies. If you eat sugar, you'll want more sugar. Here's a disgusting factoid (...toid because I have no reference for the truth of it): meat stays in your digestive system for about 3 days! Talk about toxic. Fruits and veggies stay only hours rather than days. Can anyone say colon cancer? That is one of the many reasons why your plate should be filled with vegetables and only a tiny bit of meat (some believe no meat at all). Fiber from whole grains, fruits and vegetables push the little bits of meat out, but if you eat too much meat and not enough fiber you get the long stay of toxic protein. Nice, huh?

I just wanted to offer some suggestions on exercise DVD's for building strength. For beginners, I love my "Pilates for Dummies". There are two levels on the DVD. The best part is you just lay on the floor for the entire workout and you don't sweat. It is wonderful for early morning exercise. Good for strength. The intermediate part does have one exercise where you stand up, but it's not too long. Moving on after that one is "Pilates Sculpt". This is about 50 minutes long and it gets your hear rate up at the beginning and you sweat for sure, but the second half or more is floor work so you cool back down.
I think you can get these on overstock.com or Barnes and Nobles. I've seen the Dummies DVD at Sam's.
Have a healthy day!

Try this for a yummy salad Fill a bowl with your favorite greens - Add sliced cooked chicken, sliced kiwi, pineapple chunks, grapes and toasted nuts like walnuts, pecans or almonds etc. I only add apples pieces for a larger group. Then add a honey mustard dressing - The chef at my old job adds a little shot of hots sauce to mak the dressing a little spicier.

The salad is yummo! I modified this from something that they used to serve at work

I haven't been doing so great on my diet - We are going to a buffet tonight for dinner - I am planning to get back on track starting in the a.m.

I was struggling with what to do. Should I stick with my Fiber 35 etc and I was excited to so a rerun of The Biggest loser on TV (It always motivates me)

One of the things that I learned in the Fiber 35 diet book is that we should have 1-3 bowel movements a day. If you are not regular you have food sitting in your system too long. Lots of fiber in your diet help you feel full too. Also there is the fiber flus effect. Enough fiber and you don't absorb all the calories you take in.

Cheer me on - I am starting again tomorrow!

You will feel so good tonight if you don't overdo it. I'm not saying just eat vegetables, but just don't over eat. Take really small portions of what you want. If something isn't as good as you were hoping, don't eat it. Leave it on your plate and cover it with a napkin. In the mean time, today, drink lots of water!

Come on y'all! How is the healthy life going? Kathy, how did you do at the buffet last night? Today's a new day, and I started it with a 4ish mile run, and a bowl of plain oatmeal and golden raisins, and a few cups of water. I lady who I met last year once while out exercising, stopped me when I was almost home and asked me if I'd be interested in a "complimentary" Mary Kay facial! I was able to tell her about my Pampered Chef business, too. Good start to the day.

Didn't run yesterday (spent day in Indy--see my OMG! I'm Moving! thread), and eating has been a bit lax, but I'm planning to do better today and for the next few days until I have to head back to Indy to find somewhere to live!

Yes, I read your "I'm Moving thread". It's exciting and crazy at the same time. I posted back to you on that thread, too. Just make as many good choices as possible. Fruit on hand that is wash and go like apples and grapes or better yet, no wash bananas. Baby carrots are great too. You are probably doing a lot of running around so you're burning calories, but if you have time after the kids are in bed if DH is home, take a short walk to de-stress.

Enzo and I did our 3.5 miles this morning. He isn't too happy with the summer weather, but I bring water for both of us and off we go. No rest for the wicked as they say.

Just had my afternoon snack, SmartPop 100 calorie packs of microwave popcorn. Spray a bit of I Can't Believe it's Not Butter, some seasoning salt and chili powder and I am pretty happy. That and my cystral light raspberry lemonade.

In the healthy vein... I was at Target this afternoon, looking for some cheap summer clothes now that most of my stuff is way too big. (I know, what a horrible situatioin to be in) What the heck is going on with their sizing? I tried on some skirts, started with a 10, and figured they might be a tad too big, but holy falling off me Batman, they were huge. I got the 8, still huge, the 6, still huge. I am not a size 4... ok, maybe with something that was real expensive, but not Target.

Way to go on shrinking in size. Once I was able to buy a size 6 at Anne Taylor Loft. That was exciting. I'd never been a 6 before. I quit even trying to buy Target clothes a while back because they were always too small, and it made me feel fatter than I already was. I couldn't even wear the maternity clothes when I was pregnant. Maybe, I should try again. Another reason why I don't buy their clothes is because they shrink a lot. At least they used to shrink, back when I used to buy clothes there.

I did o.k. at the buffet but still don't dare get on the scale - I have been watching the Biggest Loser reruns but the craving still hit me and I give in

I HATE THAT!!!!

I have to say I have not had a very good day. I haven't even had a vegetable yet. Had my oatmeal with raisins, had my avocado, strawberry, grape smoothie, but I gave into the temptations at the grocery store this morning. I LOVE Brach's Bridge Mix. Thankfully my kids helped me eat that. I bought Ritz Bitz, S'mores. I didn't eat very many Ritz, but what I did eat of the junk, replaced lunch. Drinking water, for now. Have a great vegetable recipe to make for dinner, but DH won't be home until 8ish. Maybe I'll be hungry by then.

For those of us who are working on being healthy...

I just got an email from Hungrygirl.com and she/they tell me that Starbucks has an orange creme frappiacino thing that the small size has 100 cal and the next size up only has 140 cal. That's the light version, of course Starbucks has a full fat/full calorie laden one, so make sure you ask for the light version.

I am not a fan of Starbucks. I love strong coffee, but theirs is just plain bitter, at least to my pallet. But this orange thing had me intrigued. This could be a treat for me at conference. There's always a Starbucks around these days.

PamperChefCarol said:
For those of us who are working on being healthy...

I just got an email from Hungrygirl.com and she/they tell me that Starbucks has an orange creme frappiacino thing that the small size has 100 cal and the next size up only has 140 cal. That's the light version, of course Starbucks has a full fat/full calorie laden one, so make sure you ask for the light version.

I am not a fan of Starbucks. I love strong coffee, but theirs is just plain bitter, at least to my pallet. But this orange thing had me intrigued. This could be a treat for me at conference. There's always a Starbucks around these days.
What wave are you in for conference

Vegetable recipe was very good. I posted the recipe on this site under "recipes". It's Roasted Squash and Pepper Tart. I did not add the dressing. My kids ate it w/o too many complaints. My husband had seconds. Very, very good way to eat vegetables.

SF Cinnamon Dolce Latte w/ skim milk is what I get when I do an interview or meeting at Starbucks IF they have the Sufar Free Syrup

Not a big coffee person but this is yummy The also have a Dulce De Leche Latte too I think

UPDATE: I had my weigh in last night. I started seeing the nutritionist on April 30th. In the last week, I lost 4.5 pounds, so to date I am down 16 pounds total. Dave has lost 20. I don't feel that I look any different, but I do feel better. I ran into someone who was suprised with how I looked.
I am still not happy with my appearace--although I am glad that I am moving in the right direction.

Congrats Anne,
What kinds of things is your nutritionist telling you to eat? Are you weighing in there or at a program, like Weight Watchers?
JAE

AJPratt said:
UPDATE: I had my weigh in last night. I started seeing the nutritionist on April 30th. In the last week, I lost 4.5 pounds, so to date I am down 16 pounds total. Dave has lost 20. I don't feel that I look any different, but I do feel better. I ran into someone who was suprised with how I looked.
I am still not happy with my appearace--although I am glad that I am moving in the right direction.

Anne that is AWESOME! CONGRATULATIONS! I think there must be a difference if you've lost 16 lbs! That has to be at least 1 size down! I think sometimes we talk trash to ourselves about our bodies.....we need to stop that! I bet you are looking so fine Girl!

JAE said:
I have to say I have not had a very good day. I haven't even had a vegetable yet. Had my oatmeal with raisins, had my avocado, strawberry, grape smoothie, but I gave into the temptations at the grocery store this morning. I LOVE Brach's Bridge Mix. Thankfully my kids helped me eat that. I bought Ritz Bitz, S'mores. I didn't eat very many Ritz, but what I did eat of the junk, replaced lunch. Drinking water, for now. Have a great vegetable recipe to make for dinner, but DH won't be home until 8ish. Maybe I'll be hungry by then.
Had to laugh! Being at the hospital so much has been soooo bad for eating healthy! BUT yesterday, my SIL & I committed to keeping each other on track - so nothing from the vending machines, and we went to the cafeteria and had healthy salads w/ lots of veggies, and balsamic vinegar & olive oil, and split a scoop of hummus with some baked pita chips. I felt better just knowing that I had eaten well!

Yes, having a partner to help us stay on track is such a good thing. Too bad my kids don't seem to care much. Today will be better. The Bridge Mix is gone! Also, we have errands to run this morning and we are going to the beach for a little while after lunch. That will keep me busy away from home and food. Can't eat what I don't take, so I'll pack healthy snacks.

JAE said:
Yes, having a partner to help us stay on track is such a good thing. Too bad my kids don't seem to care much. Today will be better. The Bridge Mix is gone! Also, we have errands to run this morning and we are going to the beach for a little while after lunch. That will keep me busy away from home and food. Can't eat what I don't take, so I'll pack healthy snacks.

Bridge Mix would be my downfall too - chocolate and nuts - my favorite!!!

Ran three tough miles last night. Eating has been sketchy, but not terrible. I just don't have much time right now to make much, and I am trying to use everything in my fridge and pantry so that I don't have to buy/store too much! I hope to run four miles this evening. We'll see!

I am so excited, I had my Weight Watchers weigh-in yesterday, and I lost 3.2 pounds ... making my total weight loss in WW being 70.2 pounds! Woo! I wear a size 10 now ... I wouldn't mind being a size 8! According to charts, WW says I have to lose 11 more pounds to make into the highest part of the chart for my weight goal. (I'm 5 foot 10, weight 185, and according to the WW chart my "healthy weight" should be in the range of 138-174.)I use the first Biggest Loser workout DVD. I started doing the High Intensity cardio and the "Boot Camp" workouts on there ... trainer Bob really makes you work your tush! I work out 6 days a week, and will start doing 2 workouts on Saturdays and Sundays to "kick it up" a notch. I tried doing that on Sunday .... HI workout in the morning, and a scupting session in the evening.I am visiting my parents in PA in three weeks, and my mother had promised me a shopping spree once I got to size 10. I've had to replace my ALL of my clothes! I still need to get tons more. I have many, many more clothes sitting in the closet that are too big and I have to wash them and give them away to GoodWill.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! That is incredible! I'm hoping to get into a ten again someday! Way to go!

Good job, Sailortena.

Okay, today needs to be a good day. NO MORE buying Ritz Bitz of any kind. I say it's for my kids, but I end up eating half of them. It was a hot 4 mile run this morning. If I'd get off this website and go to bed at night I could get up in cooler morning hours. Have a healthy day everyone!

DS & I are spending the day at home today - so we are eating healthy all day!

I had 2 boiled eggs and cantaloupe for breakfast, and he had a whole-grain waffle & a banana.

We are now eating a snack of Greek Yogurt & fresh sweet cherries!

JAE - I'm planning on going to the Holland Farmers Market Saturday morning before the hospital!:)

I enjoy going to the farmer's market, but I tend to forget about it. I really like the produce at Meijer, and the prices are good. I needed a strange kind of squash for a recipe, so I considered going to the Farmer's Market to look for it and ask about it, but I used zucchini and summer squash instead. Let me know when you're going, and maybe I can meet you there to say "Hi".

<h2>1. What is the Fiber 35 Diet?</h2><p>The Fiber 35 Diet is a weight loss and health program that focuses on increasing dietary fiber intake to improve overall health and aid in weight loss. It was created by nutritionist Brenda Watson and is based on the concept of consuming 35 grams of fiber per day.</p><h2>2. How does the Fiber 35 Diet work?</h2><p>The Fiber 35 Diet works by increasing fiber intake, which helps to keep you feeling full and satisfied, regulates blood sugar levels, and supports healthy digestion. It also involves incorporating whole, nutrient-dense foods into meals and snacks and reducing processed and high-sugar foods.</p><h2>3. Is the Fiber 35 Diet suitable for everyone?</h2><p>The Fiber 35 Diet is generally safe and suitable for most adults. However, it is always best to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new diet or health program, especially if you have any underlying health conditions or are taking medications.</p><h2>4. Can I still lose weight if I don't need to lose a lot?</h2><p>Yes, the Fiber 35 Diet is not just for weight loss, but also for improving overall health. Even if you don't have a lot of weight to lose, following the principles of the diet can still benefit your health and help you maintain a healthy weight.</p><h2>5. What kind of results can I expect from the Fiber 35 Diet?</h2><p>Results may vary from person to person, but many people who follow the Fiber 35 Diet report feeling more energized, having better digestion, and losing weight. It is important to note that results also depend on individual commitment and following the program properly.</p>

1. What is the Fiber 35 Diet?

The Fiber 35 Diet is a weight loss and health program that focuses on increasing dietary fiber intake to improve overall health and aid in weight loss. It was created by nutritionist Brenda Watson and is based on the concept of consuming 35 grams of fiber per day.

2. How does the Fiber 35 Diet work?

The Fiber 35 Diet works by increasing fiber intake, which helps to keep you feeling full and satisfied, regulates blood sugar levels, and supports healthy digestion. It also involves incorporating whole, nutrient-dense foods into meals and snacks and reducing processed and high-sugar foods.

3. Is the Fiber 35 Diet suitable for everyone?

The Fiber 35 Diet is generally safe and suitable for most adults. However, it is always best to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new diet or health program, especially if you have any underlying health conditions or are taking medications.

4. Can I still lose weight if I don't need to lose a lot?

Yes, the Fiber 35 Diet is not just for weight loss, but also for improving overall health. Even if you don't have a lot of weight to lose, following the principles of the diet can still benefit your health and help you maintain a healthy weight.

5. What kind of results can I expect from the Fiber 35 Diet?

Results may vary from person to person, but many people who follow the Fiber 35 Diet report feeling more energized, having better digestion, and losing weight. It is important to note that results also depend on individual commitment and following the program properly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
Replies
Views
heat123