• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ready for a fitness challenge? Join our Get Fit Accountability Thread!

In summary, Bobbi and I have decided to keep each other accountable in our workouts, and Bobbi thought it would be a good idea to start a group on Chef Success. My goal is to regularly excercise (baby steps!). Bobbi's goal is to get back to a regular routine. My family (DH, two boys age 11 and 9, and myself) are starting a "Biggest Loser" competition. My goal is to get back to a regular routine and then join the group. My weight-loss goal is to lose 50 pounds.
NooraK
Gold Member
I recently picked up a copy of Shaun T's Rockin' Body workout DVDs (http://www.chefsuccess.com/f18/opinion-needed-shaun-ts-rockin-body-73896/), and have finally gotten around to using them.

Bobbi and I have decided to keep each other accountable in our workouts, and thougth we would share it with everyone. Feel free to jump in with your workout/fitness plan, and goals, and we'll all keep each other accountable!

My current goal is to regularly excercise (baby steps!). This means getting up extra each morning, which in turn means getting to bed on time, and doing my workout before the kids get up.

I plan to have DH take before pictures of me tonight when he gets home, and I'll update the post with any stats then.

So far so good, I did a 43 minute workout this morning.

My family (DH, two boys age 11 and 9, and myself) have decided to start our own "Biggest Loser" competition. By December 1st, the one with the greatest weight loss percentage will "win". My DH said $250. My 9yr old actually needs to GAIN a little weight. He is in the healthy range at 50% (he's so skinny, we used him to study some skeleton bones last week in health class! Since you can actually SEE most of his bones. :D He thought it was funny, and found out that he is ticklish on his "Scapula" haha).ANYWAY- he's our official judge and will get his own reward at the end.My goal is to get back to a regular routine. I was running pretty good, then got hurt- again. Now I'm healthy again. I have Shaun T's Rockin Body also, and so far, really like it. I've only done the first video- "Mark, Move, and Groove" which is a short 15 min, but it's a start! Like Noora, it means getting my sleep pattern on track and getting up earlier in the day.My whole family is running a 5k at Disney in January, so I'm preparing for that (was until I got hurt). we'll be picking that back up too.Ultimate goal for weight-loss: 50 lbs.

I want to join tooooooo!!! I was doing really good and had lost over 60 pounds with only 30 more to go to hit my goal weight. Then my surgeries started a year ago and after 3 major surgeries and not being able to get around much I've gained 25 pounds back :( So now I've been cleared to slowly begin exercising, I want to join the group so I can be held accountable!
So I need to lose 55 pounds. I am on a diabetic diet and now am including stationary/recumbent bicycling. I have RA so have to do this until I get a little more weight off for my joints.
Today I did it for 20 minutes :D

carlajanes said:
I want to join tooooooo!!! I was doing really good and had lost over 60 pounds with only 30 more to go to hit my goal weight. Then my surgeries started a year ago and after 3 major surgeries and not being able to get around much I've gained 25 pounds back :( So now I've been cleared to slowly begin exercising, I want to join the group so I can be held accountable!
So I need to lose 55 pounds. I am on a diabetic diet and now am including stationary/recumbent bicycling. I have RA so have to do this until I get a little more weight off for my joints.
Today I did it for 20 minutes :D

Woohoo!! The more the merrier!

Good job on excercising today. Every little bit counts.

We should try to share our meal-plans/recipe ideas too! That is the hardest part for me! Yes, being consistent with exercise is obviously the other half of the coin, but when you are exercising, you end up needing more food! :)

Would someone like to start a private Pampered Chef facebook page? I was thinking it might be easier to follow on there so we're not constantly clogging up CS with this! Keeping it a closed group might help ensure privacy.

We could call it...Cookin off the pounds. Or Pampering the Pounds away. Hmm...other ideas?

I'd like in too! I was doing Turbo Fire for 2 of the past 3 weeks. Then last week I had a MAJOR stomach bug. I could barley get off the couch let alone work out! I also got the Rockin Body thing but I think I like my Turbo Fire better. Kinda wishing I didn't waste my money :( BUT, I will be starting my routein again!!

pctharper said:
Would someone like to start a private Pampered Chef facebook page? I was thinking it might be easier to follow on there so we're not constantly clogging up CS with this! Keeping it a closed group might help ensure privacy.

We could call it...Cookin off the pounds. Or Pampering the Pounds away. Hmm...other ideas?

We decided to put it on here, because Bobbi is not on FB. I don't think there's so much traffic on CS these days that one thread would clog it up. If it does start to get bad, we can always move it into a group on CS.

pctharper said:
I'd like in too! I was doing Turbo Fire for 2 of the past 3 weeks. Then last week I had a MAJOR stomach bug. I could barley get off the couch let alone work out! I also got the Rockin Body thing but I think I like my Turbo Fire better. Kinda wishing I didn't waste my money :( BUT, I will be starting my routein again!!

Don't think of it as wasted money, think of it as something you can use intermittently in between your Turbo Fire to give you some variety, so you don't get stuck in a rut.

Last edited:
I did another workout this morning, though I did dawdle in getting up. I did the other workout on my DVD, Hip Hop, which is 52 minutes. I definitely couldn't keep up with everything they were doing, but I kept moving.

I'm anxiously waiting on the base set of DVDs to get here, so I can really start doing the workouts according to the schedule. On the BeachBody website, I can schedule my workouts, and they will provide me with a calendar of when to do which session. According to the site

You can mix up these Rockin' Body workouts any way you want, but here is how they were designed to really burn the fat and define your muscles.

But so far, so good, two days in a row!

wooooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooo way to go Noora!!!!! I'm only allowed 3 times a week right now.....soooooo....will be good on my diet today :D

My calves hurt soooo baaaadd!!!!!

Yay for accountability!! I started weight watchers about mid summer and have lost 15lbs so far. I have about 55-60 more to go to reach my goal weight. Before I started WW I had been doing the Couch to 5K program that I've technically finished. However, I took a bit of a workout hiatus due to several reasons and now I find it hard to run the whole time. I've gone back to a workout that lets me walk a little and jog the rest. I am running my first 5K since high school 2 weeks from tomorrow. My goal is to not walk any of it. I don't have a time goal just don't want to walk! My time for that run will be my time to beat at the next one!:thumbup::D

I did decide to set a mini goal for myself. I haven't decided on how much I'm shooting for yet though. I was going to do my weight and measurements tonight. But if I reach an attainable goal by Columbus Day weekend I will allow myself to buy a new dress for the wedding the following weekend. If I don't reach it I will have to wear something I already own! So that's motivation because I want to buy a new dress for the wedding and want to need to, since hopefully anything I own won't fit me well enough!:p

Sorry so long, I'll try to keep updates short and sweet!

Ok. Today, nothing. And I won't get it in- since we have practically no food and even less "essentials". :D I am off to the grocery store. I didn't get up early enough, and school took up the rest of the day.Tomorrow is a new day! (Ate decent today though, and I haven't been munching on late-night snacks or desserts. Occasional fruit, or a 20 calorie fruit-strip.)

Love this! I'm in. Just ordered my DVD set and I really need to get my butt in gear. Have gained 35 pounds in the last 2 years and I need to stop eating my emotions and start shaking my body around.

I know what I need to do but have been ignoring the reality of actually doing it (thank goodness I don't run my PC biz that way).

Current 170 and fluffy.

I need this as well.... accountability!! I need to lose 15 lbs and to STAY AWAY FROM BAD CARBS!!! I joined TOPS in 1991 and lost over 45 lbs. I managed to keep it off even after leaving TOPS in 2007 due to meeting issues but in the last 8 months...........
I need to start eating right and walking..... tomorrow I will start walking again and to do it each day. 30 mins is better then none at all.

great start to the day.. healthy breakfast and then a 20 min walk. needed a scarf/hat and mitts but it sure felt great to get out and walk. planning on another walk after supper this evening.

I started Shaun T's Insanity on Monday. It's definitely a love / hate relationship, but I feel so good after! My goal is to lose 20 pounds, and I also am doing Jenny Craig. Jenny is tough though because of the business of my schedule! But, I'm not going to give up!!!

No workout for me today. We slept in (funny how that definition changes when you get kids, they were pulling us out of bed at 8), then DS1 and I ran down to the Farmers' Market for apples. After that, a bit of yard work, and then some general chilling out. After dinner we had a baby sitter come over and DH and I went to see a movie. Maybe I'll work out tomorrow, but if not I'll definitely have to get back on the horse on Monday.

Wanted to run today but I didn't. DH who is not as supportive as he should be in my weight loss/get healthier efforts, asked if I'd go for a walk instead and he's tag along. So we walked a little more than 2.5 miles in about 45 minutes so it's something. Have to get back to running tomorrow though because 5K is less than 2 weeks away!:eek::eek:

Was very good today with food and used only my exact number of daily points- saving my weekly and activity points for Friday and Saturday because of wedding and rehearsal.

Weigh in not great- I gained! :( But maybe it was an off day won't register till official weigh in at meeting on Tuesday.

I'm in! I lost 80 lbs., but since breaking my foot last year I've gained 25 back!!I use a BodyBugg. I charged it last night and will start tracking my calories and burn today. I'm also going to start my Walk At Home workouts. I need to work my way back up to 5 miles a day!My daughter gets married in May so my goal is 50 lbs by then. I have a dress I need to fit in to!!

What is the Walk at homework out ??

No workout on Sunday either. I did do the House Your Body workout on the DVD I have, 43 minutes, this morning.

I started wondering last night where my other DVD set might be, as it hasn't arrived yet, and after searching I determined that something happened and the order didn't actually go through. I have a confirmation email, but all it lists is the Team Beachbody website sign up, and my card was never charged. I re-ordered it last night, so hopefully I'll have it soon.

I was too pooped this weekend to do anything. We came home Saturday night and within minutes of getting home, we heard a horrendous explosion over/around the house (not sure where). It was lightning hitting a tree or yard outside the house. Scared the bejeebers out of us! Kids were screaming (i wanted to), but fortunately, it wasn't a DIRECT hit and no fire or anything like that. Just thousands of dollars in damage to various equipment in the house. Cable internet/TV was totally fried - they repaired it today and showed us the melted wires in both the junction box AND the house dmarc. A few of my DH's routers off the Coax lines were ruined too. Thankfully, nO computers were lost. Our AC/Furnace unit was fried (just electrical), garage door opener was smoking/burnt out, and the outside landscape lights/pump control were blown wide open and likely dead also. We have two house breakers still dead so my boys' rooms are in the dark.FUN FUN.- NOT. ANyway, I had little sleep all weekend (caught up last night).
Don't know if I'll get a workout in today or not (Cub Scout monday), but tomorrow I am back on schedule!!! I said that last week didn't I?

Bobbi... you were too busy to worry about excerise (but you got it running around in circles). I can't imagine the nightmare this is causing you... start fresh today and take one day at a time... breathe

Nothing wrong with falling off the horse, as long as you eventually get back on.

NooraK said:
Nothing wrong with falling off the horse, as long as you eventually get back on.

and not get run over by it?? ;)

esavvymom said:
and not get run over by it?? ;)

I doubt this particular horse is capable of running you over :D

I have a rule in my house-kids stay in bed/in their rooms until at least 7am. Well this morning they were up at 6:15! I tried to go back to sleep but I just couldn't. So at 6:30 I finally just decided to get my sneakers on and get in a Turbo Fire HITT 20 workout. Its a great workout where you push yourself as hard as you can for a minute and then you have a minute rest. I was still able to shower and get dressed by 7:30 to get DD breakfast and pack her lunch before school! Thanks to my kids getting me up early I was able to get in my workout and proove to myself that I do have time to do it all in the morning!

Cathy pclady said:
What is the Walk at homework out ??

Walk At Home are workouts by Leslie Sansone. You can view samples at Walkathome.com. I started several years ago with the one mile - could barely do it and worked my way up to 5 miles. They really get you in shape!

I did a 2 mile this morning and wore my BodyBugg. I'll find out my calorie deficit in the morning.

I got up just past 5 AM this morning and did the House Your Body workout. Still can't keep up, but I keep moving.

Ok Noora, you made me feel guilty. ;) I was perusing email and CS over a glass of OJ this morning, when I saw your post. Got into my workout clothes and did RB's "Mark, Move, and Groove" (getting good at that one), and then tried "Party Express" for the first time. I wasn't so coordinated on THAT one! LOL It was sort of liking trying to rub your tummy and pat your head at the same time! :D I got SORT of through the first half of training segment....but not very well. Did keep moving. Then the last 10 minutes of the "put it all together", I said, NO WAY and skipped to cool-down. I need more training practice before putting it all together. Maybe on the next one. ;)But that was still about 25 minutes of moving.

esavvymom said:
It was sort of liking trying to rub your tummy and pat your head at the same time! :D

I know exactly how you feel. I figure if I get my feet figured out, I can focus on my hands later. Right now they tend to just flail around.

Yay for you for getting up and moving!

I got in a 30 minute Turbo Fire workout. When I woke up this morning I was pretty sore from yesterday. I felt so blah this morning that I actually waited until late morning but I still got it in! You know the phrase "that workout kicked my butt". Well, mine literally did! My buns and quads hurt so bad right now. I can barley stand up out of a chair!

My food intake wasn't too bad today either. Protein shake for breakfast, light lunch, and a small steak and potato for lunch. I definatley felt by supper that I didn't get enough to eat today

terrible day yesterday spent driving my inlaws to Emerg and dr appts and eating in the hospital....ugh! Does pacing back and forth in a hallways count as excerise?

hoping for a better day today

Oh Cathy, I hope everything and everyone is ok!

Cathy pclady said:
terrible day yesterday spent driving my inlaws to Emerg and dr appts and eating in the hospital....ugh! Does pacing back and forth in a hallways count as excerise?

hoping for a better day today

I would say it does. I hope they're OK.

I did House Your Body again this morning. I'm hoping to get my other DVD set soon so that I can get a bit more variety into my routine, and I can set up a schedule on the BB website.

It was hard getting up, but I've been trying to make it easier on myself. I turn the DVD player on before I go to bed so that it goes through all that FBI stuff and gets to the menu, and I fill up my water and set it on the coffee table. That way, all I have to do is drag myself out of bed and downstairs.

Better day today... walked around and around the playground with the grandkids during their public school Fall Fair parade and they earned a ribbon on every item they entered in the fair. They are great bakers and have a green thumb in the garden as well!! The Inlaws are better health wise and resting at home and hopefully the test will come back in a day or so with a easy fix to the problem... prayers said...fingers crossed

Cathy pclady said:
Better day today... walked around and around the playground with the grandkids during their public school Fall Fair parade and they earned a ribbon on every item they entered in the fair. They are great bakers and have a green thumb in the garden as well!! The Inlaws are better health wise and resting at home and hopefully the test will come back in a day or so with a easy fix to the problem... prayers said...fingers crossed

Glad to hear you have good (or at least better) news!

I got my Rockin' Body DVDs yesterday. Had hubby take a look at the "Never Diet Again" guide that came with it, and he said "This is just like The Zone", which is the program he wants me to follow.

This morning I got up and did Mark Move & Groove and Party Express. There is a calendar of workouts that comes with the DVD set, and I'm thinking I'll start following that schedule on Monday.

I need to join. I am trying Advocare and havent lost much. Need motivation and accountability. Need to get this big butt moving.

I did Insanity's Polymetric Cardio Circuit followed by a two mile walk. My heart wasn't in it, but I did it anyway!

Well my scale must have been off at my weigh in I was down 1.8! Officially lost 5% since I started the meetings!:thumbup::sing:

I slept in on Monday so I made myself go for a run/walk after work since the weather was not too hot or cold. Finished that. Got up Tuesday and went to the gym.

Didn't do a real workout yesterday but I weeded and cleaned the bedroom from top to bottom including stripping the bed and vacuuming it so lots of up and down stairs. Definitely earned some activity points there! :)

Thanks to using old Flo as an excuse been bad on the eating habits. And having a wedding rehearsal dinner and wedding tomorrow and Saturday can't say my eating will improve! :( But I'll do my best to make the smart choices and earn some dancing activity points! LOL

Haven't worked out much this week since I haven't been feeling well, but I have had over 700 calorie deficits every day. I'm so looking forward to getting this weight off!

I did the Disco Party workout from Rockin' Body this morning. Only 35 minutes, but I'm tired. I doubt I'll do official workouts over the weekend, but I'm sure I'll get plenty of activity running around after the boys.

Just finished 2.5 miles on treadmill....43 minutes, goes easier when i can watch a tv episode. ;)

esavvymom said:
Just finished 2.5 miles on treadmill....43 minutes, goes easier when i can watch a tv episode. ;)

Woohoo!!!

Yes, the time can go by quickly. I find myself trying to figure out the moves on the DVDs, and by the time I get it all sorted out, I realize 45 minutes have passed and the workout is over.

23 min on Wii FitPlus. Half doing the advanced step aerobics, and half doing the advanced rhthym boxing. Doesnt sound like much, but I worked up a sweat!I wasn't going to do anything today, but we do our Biggest Loser weigh in on Saturday mornings. We use the Wii fit for our weigh ins. But it shows I lost 3 lbs this week!! :sing: That motivated me to do something today after all. ;). Nothing is more motivating than results!

Last edited:
I haven't worked out this weekend. But I've been cleaning around the house, and plan to continue today.I did go on the BB website, and set up the recommended schedule for the Rockin' Body workouts. I can't figure out how to upgrade to the Deluxe version, but I'll start out with the basic for the next four weeks, then worry about it. If anyone wants to join me, you can sign up on the BB website, and add me as a buddy, and I'll invite you to share the schedule.

<h2>1. Can anyone join the Get Fit Accountability Thread?</h2><p>Yes, anyone can join! We encourage everyone to participate and keep each other accountable in their fitness journey.</p><h2>2. How often should I check in on the thread?</h2><p>We recommend checking in at least once a week to update everyone on your progress and goals. However, feel free to check in more frequently if you'd like!</p><h2>3. Do I need to have specific workout DVDs or programs to participate?</h2><p>No, you do not need to have any specific workout DVDs or programs to join the thread. The purpose of the thread is to provide support and accountability, so feel free to share your own personal workout routine or goals.</p><h2>4. Are there any rules or guidelines for the thread?</h2><p>There are no strict rules, but we do ask that everyone supports and encourages each other in their fitness journey. Please refrain from any negative or discouraging comments.</p><h2>5. How do I join the Get Fit Accountability Thread?</h2><p>To join, simply comment on the thread with your workout/fitness plan and goals. You can also share any progress or updates throughout the week. We look forward to having you join us!</p>

1. Can anyone join the Get Fit Accountability Thread?

Yes, anyone can join! We encourage everyone to participate and keep each other accountable in their fitness journey.

2. How often should I check in on the thread?

We recommend checking in at least once a week to update everyone on your progress and goals. However, feel free to check in more frequently if you'd like!

3. Do I need to have specific workout DVDs or programs to participate?

No, you do not need to have any specific workout DVDs or programs to join the thread. The purpose of the thread is to provide support and accountability, so feel free to share your own personal workout routine or goals.

4. Are there any rules or guidelines for the thread?

There are no strict rules, but we do ask that everyone supports and encourages each other in their fitness journey. Please refrain from any negative or discouraging comments.

5. How do I join the Get Fit Accountability Thread?

To join, simply comment on the thread with your workout/fitness plan and goals. You can also share any progress or updates throughout the week. We look forward to having you join us!

Back