• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ready for a fitness challenge? Join our Get Fit Accountability Thread!

In summary, Bobbi and I have decided to keep each other accountable in our workouts, and Bobbi thought it would be a good idea to start a group on Chef Success. My goal is to regularly excercise (baby steps!). Bobbi's goal is to get back to a regular routine. My family (DH, two boys age 11 and 9, and myself) are starting a "Biggest Loser" competition. My goal is to get back to a regular routine and then join the group. My weight-loss goal is to lose 50 pounds.
Today didn't go so well.

Firstly, I stayed up WAAAAYYYYY too late last night. I had decided to start on the calendar provided by BB this week, and the first scheduled workout is Mark, Move & Groove, which is only 15 minutes. I set my alarm for 30 min later than normal, but still didn't have the energy to do it. I did go all the way downstairs and turn on the DVD, and even kinda-sorta did half of it, but I really didn't feel up to it.

I'll just have to get to bed earlier today, and buck up tomorrow.

I won't get a formal workout in today, but does running around like a crazy person count? It's "Scout Monday". I'm the secretary and Popcorn kernel, and we start our fundraiser tonight. so VERY busy time for me. UGGH.
I work up more of a sweat on Monday nights for Scouts I think than some of my workouts!!

I was not very good this weekend! Friday and Saturday workout times were not really there for time with wedding prep. Sunday I was just being lazy. I did lose though so maybe the little bit of dancing I was able to do at wedding helped.

I was bad though had 3 pieces of cake! :eek::eek: That's my weakness especially since I knew the person who made it and hers are amazing! My husband didn't want his piece and 2 at our table left early so I had one of those! Oh well and I kind of stopped tracking after Friday morning.

But this week I'm going to get back on track and keep up the tracking as well. I was too tired to force myself to the gym this morning, but I plan to go for a run after work tonight and every morning this week. I will get a run in on Saturday since that's the Color Me Radd 5K I've been prepping for.

AN ok weekend with my food intake and excercising. Lots of raking and shoveling as we dug up our back lawn a month ago and finally got a chance to complete the project today... going to have sore arm muscles tomorrow morning but well worth it! A soak in the hot tub should cure that problem

Stayed up too late again last night, and had some trouble getting up. But I'd had a really nice conversation with my brother, and he had told me how cool he thought it was that I'm working out (this is the guy with a Masters in Exercise and Physiology), so I felt I couldn't just get lazy now. When I got to the DVD player and hit play, it started on Party Express automatically, even though my calendar says to do Mark, Move & Groove first. At first I was going to just do Party Express, but once it was done I felt guilty and did MMG, too. My knee has started to feel a bit sore, even though I'm very conscientious about not twisting it. I think I'm going to get some kind of a support for it, just to be safer.

I forced myself out of bed this morning and went to gym and ran on the treadmill. So that's good, and Sunday and yesterday I didn't go over my daily points so I'm on track for a good week this week.

Meeting some old coworkers for drinks and appetizers tonight but I'm going to drink water and not eat because I'm too poor anyway. Plus I'd rather save my extra points for my lunch date on Friday.

Another round or stay-up-too-late-have-trouble-getting-up-in-the-morning for me.

Today was supposed to be Disco Groove followed by Turbo Abs, which totals 53 minutes. In order to be done and have time for a shower and breakfast before the kids get up, I would have had to actually get out of bed at 5 AM when my alarm went off. Instead I hit snooze, and finally made it downstairs around 5:20. I did do Disco Groove, which is a good 35 minute workout. Maybe I'll do Turbo Abs tonight after work.

OK, did Turbo Abs while dinner was in the oven!

Ok. I was BAD! Not "feeling well" the last two days....and exercising is usually not very easy to do...IYKWIM. ;) Anyway, after a nice half-nap (wasn't fully asleep, but just couldn't keep my eyes open, so had to rest)...I was craving CHOCOLATE in the worst way. After dinner, I made the new German Chocolate Cake recipe in the SB. OMG!!! I have to say I don't feel the least bit guilty. Bloating does that too ya ;) Covers up the guilt for at least a day or two! ANd the best part is, my DH hates coconut! So saves more for me! (i heard it's better the next day). But after tomorrow, leftovers will be deep-sixed, or at least portioned in smaller portions for my two boys. I'll have more willpower after then. And i can probably get on the treadmill tomorrow to make up for it. I'll try to at least get a Mark, Move and Groove in too. But for today, I'm being bad.

I did Party Express this morning. The calendar also includes Booty Time, but I wouldn't have had enough time to finish it, so I'll try to do it tonight after work.

Did Booty Time yesterday after work. Wow, that one really works the thighs!

This morning I did Shaun T's Dance Party, and the second part would be Hard Core Abs. I didn't have time to do both this morning, so I will plan to do Hard Core Abs after work.

I don't know if I'm getting the best benefit by splitting the workouts up during the day, but at least it's better than before!

Didn't workout with one of those, but as the Scout Popcorn Kernel for our Pack, I helped move over 250 cases of popcorn (not individual boxes- these are cases...heaviest ones being 22 lbs each...had 100+ of those). plus I helped another move at least 100 of their cases. We moved our cases 2 times. I let the guys do the majority, but I did ALOT. I hurt all over right now.Had almost nothing to eat all day (3 granola bars). Drinking my dinner at hte moment. Frustrated with a few volunteers who are "in charge". and they are scaring me- they have no common sense and don't READ what the plan is...actually, he DID read it...he just didn't follow it so far. Scare what happens when the sale actually starts!

I think I did OK this weekend. I didn't do both of the scheduled workouts for Saturday. I only did one, and did that one on Sunday because I was feeling guilty. We did go to the fair on Saturday and walk around quite a bit, and on Sunday we had a Chuck E Cheese birthday party which involved chasing the kids around that place.

I also downloaded an app for my phone: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/calorie-counter-by-mynetdiary/id287529757?mt=8. I know a lot of people use MyFitnessPal for that kind of stuff, but I liked that this one has the option to scan the barcode of the product I'm eating. Once I record a food, it remembers the particular one I ate, and gives it to me as first choice when I do a search. There's an upgraded version available, too, but I'll see how this works before considering spending money.

I don't plan to use it to keep track of my activity, just my food. I figure if I stick to the Rockin' Body workouts (at least mostly), I'll be fine on the exercise part.

I was very well behaved this weekend with my workouts and my eating... even with company for three different meals! I just got back from my 3 mile walk and hope to walk again this evening if it is not raining (again!).

Oh, and I also did Party Express and Hardcore Abs this morning.

I slacked this morning.

The alarm went off, I got up and out of bed, went to the bathroom, looked at my bed, and decided to climb back in. Oh, it felt so nice.

I'll try to get the workout in today after work, although I don't know how feasible that will be since DH won't be home, and I have to do the dinner/bath/bedtime thing.

I'll get back up on the horse tomorrow.

Got up and did my workout this morning, even though it was very tempting to get back into bed (or not even get up at all). I've started recording my excercise in the app I got, because I'm eating more than my allotted amount of calories. I had set my profile's activity level to "sedentary" since I sit at my desk at work all day.

I haven't done a "workout" yet....but been walking my boys around selling popcorn. My leg is stiff as a board right now from moving cases of popcorn around again on Monday. Hoping that with some movement, I'll at least be able to get on the treadmill to walk some today. Noora- you're doing awesome though!

Finally. Got on the treadmill and fast-walked 2.6 miles. I wasn't able to run like I normally try to do, because my leg still hurts, but I was able to maintain a 3.4mph walk most of the time. Bumped to 5mph runs twice for about 30-seconds....but it hurt. :) Didn't want to do more damage.

I did get up this morning. I was supposed to do Party Express and Disco Groove, but I didn't have enough time, and I was tired, so I fast forwarded through some of Disco Groove to get to the cool down faster.

This week hasn't gotten to the greatest of starts. I didn't work out over the weekend, but I did do a bunch of cleaning around the house, and took the boys to IKEA on Sunday.

And speaking of the boys, they were kind enough to share their germs with me, so I now have some sort of a cold thing going. Thanks to that, I haven't had the energy to get up in the morning for my workouts the last two days. And with DH out of town, I can't do it after work either. Hopefully I'll get my energy up again in the next day or so. I've been sucking on zinc lozenges for the last 24 hours.

I have been sticking to my calories, though, so I should be on track on the losing weight part.

Hey, where are all my peeps?

I haven't worked out at all this week. I've been concentrating on getting enough sleep to kick this bug. I plan to start up again on Monday.

I have, however, stuck to my calorie plan, and it really has changed my habits, knowing I'll have to record what I ate.

too busy to post.... Here in Canada we are gearing up for our Thanksgiving weekend. here on my farm we are trying to get the last of our grain crops off the fields... if it stops raining we should be able to wash off the combines on Tuesday (finger crossed and prayers said). I have been walking each day and eating low carb but healthy and have moved down two sizes in my pants! Yes, this hard workis paying off!! Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all Canadian consultants and I promise to try and be a good girl during this Happy 60th/Retirment party for my sister and then 2 Thanksgivingdinners... it will be a struggle...

Sorry Noora! Crazy busy preparing for cub scout campout this weekend. Man, I cannot wait until things get back to normal! Hopefully I can then get back on program....food and exercise. I havent been ting great....side effect of being so busy without a plan! But I also have been skipping meals...so that is even worse. Moving alot because of it all, but it never seemed to help before!! Since starting scouts, I put back on most of the 30 lbs I had lost before joining Cub scouts.

I'm glad I didn't lose you guys!I went scrapbooking with my friends this weekend, which of course meant no working out, and way too much junk food. I didn't end up working out at all last week due to this bug zapping all my energy. I had planned to pick up where I left off today, since as a bank employee I have the day off, but the kids are still going to school. Instead, I ignored the alarm at the end of my short nap after dropping them off, and woke up at 11:40. Oops. I will need to take my son to the Dr this afternoon, so that kind of zaps out any time I had planned for anything today. Of course, I could hit play on the DVD player right now...

Sounds like you NEEDED the sleep Noora! Don't apologize for that!
Today is a rainy cold day and we don't have Scouts tonight, so we're "Blessing the House". I've got my workout clothes on and once I've got most of my main items checked off the to-do list, I'm going to hit the treadmill at least for a 30 minute interval run/walk, shower, then finish dinner. I told the kids we'd actually eat in the DINING room tonight....just us! no company or anything! They are looking forward to it. (haha) They were confused by the cleaning and the dining room- thinking someone was coming. That's sad. But I'll update when I get the workout in!EDIT: Just finished a treadmill walk/run - 31 min-1.65 miles.
Lunch was two slices of cheese with a couple of slices of chicken breast lunch meat - no bread, no condiments. Very tasty! A new found lunch favorite that eliminates the extra carbs. :)

Last edited:
I was a no-show for my workout again this morning :( I woke up with a budding headache, and knowing I will have to put in 8 hours in front of a computer monitor I decided to take some tylenol and try to squash it with an extra hour of sleep instead (didn't work).

I'm hoping for more motivation tomorrow morning. This cooling weather isn't helping either...

I'm back on the horse! I got up this morning, and did the Mark, Move & Groove. Yes, it's only 15 minutes, and I did snooze a few times, but the important part is I got up and did it!

Since I've not worked out for 2 weeks, I've decided to start the calendar of recommended workouts from the beginning.

Oh, and if anyone is interested in where I started, you can see that here:

http://wheretheheartsaysahh.blogspot.com/2012/10/time-to-diet.html

Could I join your accountability thread? I am just getting back to working out today. Actually making myself go just to get out of a little emotional slump from sending my last baby off to college. (Yes, I know it's been 2 months, but I'm still really battling sadness). Anyway, I am eating Paleo so the weight part is fine, losing a little each week, but I know I need to exercise for all the right reasons, health, energy, toning, etc. it would be nice to be a part of a group. Thanks so much!

chezshelly said:
Could I join your accountability thread?

Of course you can join!

I totally overslept this morning, not sure what happened to my alarms. Ran like crazy to get the kids out the door, and made it to work an hour late.

Was out of town all day today so no time to work out. But I did walk all day around a small town shopping. I'll work out tomorrow morning!

Worked out and burned over 500 calories this morning! Yay!

I have been so bad, and not gotten back on the exercise horse. I've been watching my calories, but haven't followed my plan as well as I should.

I have the MSABC Walk tomorrow, so I'll definitely get some exercise out of that.

Of all the things keeping me from working out: I can't find the DVD remote control.

We didn't end up participating in the walk on account of a bum knee (DH) and two sick kids. We did do plenty of walking on Wednesday.

I got up nice and early on Monday to do my workout, and couldn't find the DVD remote. I did the Mark, Move & Groove (because it's the first one on the DVD, and I can just hit play on the machine), but haven't been able to find the remote since then.

*sigh* This has been the furthest thing from my mind lately!
But my boys/DH have been going to the local park and running the trails in prep for our upcoming 5k (half-marathon for DH). So I'll have to start going with them probably next week.
Just been crazy with the scouts fundraiser and now we are listing our house for sale.....always something!!Good thing is I haven't GAINED any weight. ;)

<h2>1. Can anyone join the Get Fit Accountability Thread?</h2><p>Yes, anyone can join! We encourage everyone to participate and keep each other accountable in their fitness journey.</p><h2>2. How often should I check in on the thread?</h2><p>We recommend checking in at least once a week to update everyone on your progress and goals. However, feel free to check in more frequently if you'd like!</p><h2>3. Do I need to have specific workout DVDs or programs to participate?</h2><p>No, you do not need to have any specific workout DVDs or programs to join the thread. The purpose of the thread is to provide support and accountability, so feel free to share your own personal workout routine or goals.</p><h2>4. Are there any rules or guidelines for the thread?</h2><p>There are no strict rules, but we do ask that everyone supports and encourages each other in their fitness journey. Please refrain from any negative or discouraging comments.</p><h2>5. How do I join the Get Fit Accountability Thread?</h2><p>To join, simply comment on the thread with your workout/fitness plan and goals. You can also share any progress or updates throughout the week. We look forward to having you join us!</p>

1. Can anyone join the Get Fit Accountability Thread?

Yes, anyone can join! We encourage everyone to participate and keep each other accountable in their fitness journey.

2. How often should I check in on the thread?

We recommend checking in at least once a week to update everyone on your progress and goals. However, feel free to check in more frequently if you'd like!

3. Do I need to have specific workout DVDs or programs to participate?

No, you do not need to have any specific workout DVDs or programs to join the thread. The purpose of the thread is to provide support and accountability, so feel free to share your own personal workout routine or goals.

4. Are there any rules or guidelines for the thread?

There are no strict rules, but we do ask that everyone supports and encourages each other in their fitness journey. Please refrain from any negative or discouraging comments.

5. How do I join the Get Fit Accountability Thread?

To join, simply comment on the thread with your workout/fitness plan and goals. You can also share any progress or updates throughout the week. We look forward to having you join us!

Back