• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creative Ideas for Library Reading Program | Get Inspired at Our Booth

In summary, Dotty has come up with some great ideas for pairing food with books when hosting a "Get Creative" reading program at her local library. She recommends using food to highlight tools or using tools to highlight food. She also suggests substituting teach to have the time off to bake.
Kelly8
I am going to have a table set-up at my local library for a "Get Creative" readign program. I have some ideas already (below) and thought you all might have some good ones.

I've thought about:
Batter Bowl Cakes-I would love to do a few. Have any of you done any spring cakes? How did you do them?

Prep bowl cakes-I thought these could be complimentary to the Batter Bowl cakes.

Corer-I was going to take some green apples and core them to show how they could be used as taper holders.

Silicone Floral Cupcake pan-make some cupcakes and put them on the new tiered tower.

Crown pan-gonna make a cake and put it on the cake pedestal.

and of course i plan on taking my HWC items. Any other ideas? These aren't wholly creative!

Try pairing food with books:
Green Eggs & Ham (Yummy!! Food coloring for eggs, hard boiled eggs would work and be safer)
How to eat Fried Worms (make a dirt cake and use gummy worms)
Any Floral arranging book (create an arrangement in the trifle bowl)

Cute ideas, Dotty! Thanks! I just might do that!

I was thinking trying to associate it to actual books too! Maybe you can display the associated book with the creative thing that you've done.Prep bowl cake - make a spider out of it! Or fill it with pudding, crushed Oreos on top (to look like dirt) and have the gummy worm coming out of the top. Then put a plastic flower down in it so it looks like a flower pot.It's 1:22 AM, I'm too tired to be creative! LOL

I'd do easter eggs in the Trifle Bowl! ;)

Is it display only? If this is for a group of kids, they will be trying to eat all your cakes! If that's not the intention, you'll probably want to go with stuff that doesn't look like they should take one. ;)

I will be using it as display only. And this is actually an adult reading program so there won't be kids. But I still like the book ideas, even if they are children's books. Thanks for the ideas!

Since you are working with the library, ask one of the librarians for a dozen fiction books that they'd like to encourage people to read. Then see if you can pair a food/highlight a tool with each of them.

I can think of some cool murder/mystery arrangements. It was Colonel Mustard with the BBQ tongs in the kitchen!! :)

If the librarian comes up with a list of books, post them and we'll do some brainstorming for you too.

There's a mystery series called Aunt Dimity by Nancy Atherton. Each book has a description of at least one amazing sounding dish (usually a dessert), and then the recipe is at the very back of the book. There are probably other books or series like this, and you can use PC to showcase the final result.

Thanks all! I went shopping today based on some of your ideas. I also substitute teach and so far I have the time off tomorrow (who knows in the morning if that could change) so I got some goodies today so I could bake tomorrow. Great ideas!

1. What is the "Get Creative Booth" at Pampered Chef?

The "Get Creative Booth" at Pampered Chef is a hands-on interactive experience where guests can explore their creativity and learn new ways to use our products. It's a fun and engaging way to discover new recipes, techniques, and tips for using our kitchen tools.

2. How do I sign up for the "Get Creative Booth"?

To sign up for the "Get Creative Booth", you can either register online through our website or contact your local Pampered Chef consultant for more information. We also offer sign-up options at select events and trade shows.

3. Is there a fee for the "Get Creative Booth"?

No, there is no fee for the "Get Creative Booth". It is a complimentary experience for our guests to enjoy and learn from.

4. What can I expect at the "Get Creative Booth"?

At the "Get Creative Booth", you can expect to try out different Pampered Chef products and learn how to use them in unique ways. Our consultants will guide you through fun and interactive activities, such as making a recipe or creating a DIY project, using our kitchen tools.

5. Can I bring my kids to the "Get Creative Booth"?

Yes, the "Get Creative Booth" is a family-friendly experience and kids are welcome to join in on the fun. We offer activities that are suitable for all ages, making it a great opportunity for parents and children to bond over cooking and crafting together.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• laurieandjaffy
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • cookingtoolz4u
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies