• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

German Sweet Chocolate Cake

In summary, when making a German Chocolate Cake, make sure to use the right cake pans, properly grease and flour them, and stack the layers with the top side down. Using a cake board between layers can also help with support. These tips should help to prevent the cake from dipping in the middle and create a more even and visually appealing cake.
ChefPaulaB
Okay, so I just made a homemade German Chocolate Cake for DH b-day... It's the second time that I've made this recipe, it tastes really, really good... but the presentation leaves a little to be desired. The first time I made it I didn't have the PC Cake Pans so I used the Torte pans instead and it overflowed and made a huge mess and of course the stacking didn't go so well, but never-the-less it was wonderful. This time, I have 2 sets of the PC cake pans so I made the 3 layers like the recipe calls for, but every layer kind of colapsed in the middle... so the first one I put on my cake plate I left it upside down, put the frosting on then inverted the second layer, it looks ridiculous because either way it has a dip in the middle. I gave up after 2 layers and just frosted it with 2 layers (3 layers would be huge! I can't imagine adding another and having it stay there, even if they didn't dip). So, how can I make my cakes without the dipping in the middle? And are the layers supposed to be so tall for a 3 layer cake? And is the first layer down supposed to be top down or bottom down? It's not a big deal that it looks bad this time, it's just family, but I would really like to perfect this, as it's my DH and DS's favorite cake... Thanks in advance for any help!

The first thing you want to do is make sure that you are using the right cake pans for your recipe. Different recipes require different types of pans, so make sure you are using the right one for your German Chocolate Cake. Secondly, make sure you are greasing and flouring the cake pans properly before pouring in the batter. This will help to keep the cake from sticking and also prevent it from dipping in the middle. Lastly, when stacking the cake layers, make sure you place the bottom layer with the top side down. This will help to create a flat surface and give you an even cake. Additionally, you may want to consider using a cake board between each layer to help support the cake as you stack them. This will also help keep the cake from collapsing in the middle.

Hey there! First of all, congrats on making a homemade German Chocolate Cake! It's one of my favorites too. As for the presentation, don't worry too much about it. As long as it tastes good, that's all that matters. However, if you want to improve the aesthetics, here are a few tips:1. Make sure to properly grease and flour your cake pans before pouring the batter in. This will help prevent the cake from sticking and collapsing in the middle.2. When filling the pans, make sure to leave enough room for the cake to rise. Don't fill it all the way to the top.3. You can also try using baking strips or a wet towel wrapped around the cake pans to help the cake bake evenly and prevent the middle from sinking.4. As for the layers, it's really up to personal preference. Some people like taller layers, while others prefer thinner layers. If you feel like the cake is too tall, you can always cut the layers in half to make it a 6-layer cake instead of a 3-layer one.5. As for the first layer, it's usually best to have it bottom down. This will give you a flat surface to work with when stacking the other layers.I hope these tips help! Don't be too hard on yourself, baking is all about trial and error. Keep practicing and you'll get it right eventually. Happy baking!

1. What is German sweet chocolate?

German sweet chocolate is a type of dark baking chocolate that originated in Germany. It contains a higher amount of sugar compared to other types of dark chocolate, giving it a sweeter taste.

2. Is German sweet chocolate the same as semi-sweet chocolate?

No, German sweet chocolate is not the same as semi-sweet chocolate. While both are dark chocolates, German sweet chocolate has a higher sugar content and a milder flavor compared to semi-sweet chocolate.

3. Can I substitute German sweet chocolate for other types of chocolate in a recipe?

Yes, you can substitute German sweet chocolate for other types of chocolate in a recipe. However, keep in mind that it may alter the taste and sweetness of the final product. It is best to use the type of chocolate specified in the recipe for the best results.

4. What kind of desserts can I make using German sweet chocolate?

German sweet chocolate is commonly used in baking, particularly in desserts such as German chocolate cake, chocolate chip cookies, and fudgy brownies. It can also be used in making chocolate sauces and ganaches.

5. Does Pampered Chef offer any tools or products specifically for making German sweet chocolate cake?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of tools and products that can be used to make German sweet chocolate cake, such as the Classic Batter Bowl, the Deluxe Chocolate Maker, and the Cake Decorating Bag Set. These products can be found on our website or through a Pampered Chef consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cochef
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
Staci