• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried making German Chocolate Lava Cake in the Round Baker?

In summary, German Chocolate Lava Cake is a rich and indulgent dessert that features a chocolate cake with a gooey chocolate center, topped with a coconut and pecan frosting. To make it using Pampered Chef products, you will need their Executive Nonstick Square Grill Pan and Executive Nonstick Square Baking Pan. You can use any type of chocolate for the cake, but high-quality chocolate is recommended for the best flavor. If you don't like coconut and pecans, you can substitute them with other toppings or omit them altogether. Leftover cake can be stored in the refrigerator and reheated in the microwave.
Suzyengl
Has anyone made this recipe yet-in the Round Baker? I'm making it for a show on Saturday but may not be able to "practise" it at home? Any tips or anything I should know about? The host is making some substitutions for healthier chocolate cake:)

Thanks!
Suzy in Texas

I came here with the same question! :)

Made it and no issues. Even turned it out of the baker to serve it

Be careful with host substitutions, though. They can real impact how a recipe works!

It's really good, very rich!

I've heard others say that this can overflow, so just be careful. I've only made it as a double batch and in the DCB.

When you double it in the DCB- is the cooking time 12 minutes like the other lava cake recipes?

What is German Chocolate Lava Cake?

German Chocolate Lava Cake is a decadent dessert made with rich chocolate cake and a gooey chocolate center. It is traditionally served warm and topped with a coconut and pecan frosting.

How do I make German Chocolate Lava Cake using Pampered Chef products?

To make German Chocolate Lava Cake using Pampered Chef products, you will need our Executive Nonstick Square Grill Pan and our Executive Nonstick Square Baking Pan. Follow the recipe provided in our "Desserts" cookbook for best results.

Can I use a different type of chocolate for the cake?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate you prefer for the cake. However, we recommend using a high-quality chocolate to achieve the best flavor and texture.

What can I substitute for the coconut and pecan topping?

If you are not a fan of coconut and pecans, you can substitute them with other toppings such as chopped almonds, chocolate chips, or fresh berries. You can also omit the topping altogether and serve the cake with a dusting of powdered sugar or a scoop of ice cream.

How do I store leftover German Chocolate Lava Cake?

You can store leftover German Chocolate Lava Cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply microwave for 20-30 seconds or until warm.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cheflorraine
  • Tara Volpenhein
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
cochef