• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Share Your Host's Generosity Stories!

In summary, my host last night gave me a big grocery bag full of pie pumpkins and butternut squash from her garden!
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I'm always amazed at some of the hosts I get (in a good way!). Last night the husband was giving his family some of his garden grown (apparently blue ribbon winning) green beans. The host piped up and said "maybe you would like some too, we have plently!". Of course I'm not one to turn down beautiful, thick home-grown green beans! She sent me home with two ziploc bags full of them.

On my way home I got to thinking that's not the first time hosts have done that. One gave me a couple packs of Arnold's Thin Buns after she did one of those advertising parties but knew her family wouldn't eat them. Another gave me a kitchen mat (luckily not the one off her floor) after I mentioned how nice it felt under my feet as I was doing dishes. She ran into the next room and grabbed another one saying she had picked up a bunch on clearance at the store!

Figured since I was bored at work, I'd see if anyone else had fun things like this happen.

My host last night gave me a big grocery bag full of pie pumpkins and butternut squash from her garden!

She had a bunch sitting on her counter, and I had mentioned that mine didn't do so well in my garden this summer...and she sent me home with a bag full!

It's not the first time for me either - and several times I've had a host ask me before the show what my favorite beverages are so that she can have something on hand that I like. I just think that's so sweet and thoughtful - the good hosts FAR outweigh the bad! It's one of the many blessings of this business.

ChefBeckyD said:
My host last night gave me a big grocery bag full of pie pumpkins and butternut squash from her garden!

She had a bunch sitting on her counter, and I had mentioned that mine didn't do so well in my garden this summer...and she sent me home with a bag full!

It's not the first time for me either - and several times I've had a host ask me before the show what my favorite beverages are so that she can have something on hand that I like. I just think that's so sweet and thoughtful - the good hosts FAR outweigh the bad! It's one of the many blessings of this business.

That is for sure! My host last night was such a sweety! And her son who was 8 (going on 9 - he told me) wanted to help everyone in the door, giving compliments, telling people in the middle of the party he was glad they came! It was too cute!

My last host gave me a bag of various hot peppers from her garden.

I've gotten all kinds of things, though fresh-from-the-garden produce is the most frequent.

Last winter, a host I had had a chicken farm, I had commented how much I love fresh farm eggs, she gave me 2 dozen eggs when I was leaving.

Alot of my hosts will give me leftovers from the party to take to my husband and daughter...not just the stuff we demo, but the things that are provided from the host, I think that's always so nice.

Another host this summer gave us a bag of fresh basil that she had grown in her garden...
:sing:
I agree, most of my hosts are so generous and thoughtful!

Yes! I have found that for the most part my hosts are extremely generous - sending me home with plates of food for my husband & kids, fresh veggies from their gardens, etc. I have one past host who, at every show of mine she attends, brings me a bag full of arugula from her garden. I swear, we deal with some of the most wonderful people in this business@!

None of my hosts have fresh gardens (since we are on a military base in Japan) ... I feel cheated! LOL

My hosts give me great turn outs & show sales which means great paychecks. There! That makes me feel better. ;)

They don't do that here in Jersey. :-(

My June host, though her show was a LOT of drama (she insisted upon every recipe illustrated in the spring/summer catalog, cooked in advance, and it was easier for me to stay up all night doing it at home) was also extremely generous. Insisted I take the rest of my triffle home. I gave it to the neighbors.

When I left my USED spatula at her house (the one that came with my kit) called to see if it was there and she said, "Oh you have my credit card, order yourself another one. Oh, and order me a couple of sheet pans too!"

wadesgirl said:
That is for sure! My host last night was such a sweety! And her son who was 8 (going on 9 - he told me) wanted to help everyone in the door, giving compliments, telling people in the middle of the party he was glad they came! It was too cute!

Off topic, but similar story..... I was getting to my son's school mid morning today, and there was a boy about 8 walking out of the office and he jumped ahead and held the door for me and my two little ones. He held out his hand and introduced himself, asked if I was there for the awards ceremony, asked me whose mother I was (yes, said mother)... when I told him my son's name he said, "oh, he's such a nice young man". The boy was a 2nd grader and I was so proud when I saw him walk across the stage winning the citizenship award.

lesliec said:
Off topic, but similar story..... I was getting to my son's school mid morning today, and there was a boy about 8 walking out of the office and he jumped ahead and held the door for me and my two little ones. He held out his hand and introduced himself, asked if I was there for the awards ceremony, asked me whose mother I was (yes, said mother)... when I told him my son's name he said, "oh, he's such a nice young man". The boy was a 2nd grader and I was so proud when I saw him walk across the stage winning the citizenship award.

Great story! I told the little boy last night that it was so nice to see a polite well mannered young man!

leftymac said:
They don't do that here in Jersey. :-(

I had a host in Jersey who sent her husband out in the yard to dig up flowers for me to take home for my mom and the same hosts mother gives me hand made potholders every time I have a show with her.

Lots of hosts send me home with leftover food for my husband.

But the oddest thing I ever had was a host who (many years ago) sent me home with the entire Godfather collection on VHS because I mentioned that my husband liked them and they belonged to her ex-husband and she didnt' want them in the house.

What is the "Share Your Host's Generosity Stories!" campaign?

The "Share Your Host's Generosity Stories!" campaign is a initiative by Pampered Chef to celebrate and recognize the generosity of our wonderful hosts who open up their homes to host cooking parties. It allows other hosts to share their inspiring stories and also gives them a chance to win amazing prizes.

How can I participate in the "Share Your Host's Generosity Stories!" campaign?

To participate, simply visit our website and click on the "Share Your Host's Generosity Stories!" link. Fill out the form with your contact information, your host's name, and your generosity story. Don't forget to upload a photo of your host and your cooking party for a chance to win!

What kind of stories can I share for the campaign?

We welcome all kinds of generosity stories, big or small, that showcase the kindness and generosity of your host. It could be how they went above and beyond to make your cooking party a success, or how they used their party as a way to give back to their community. We want to celebrate all acts of generosity!

What are the prizes for the "Share Your Host's Generosity Stories!" campaign?

We have some amazing prizes for our participants! Each month, we will select three winners who will receive a $100 Pampered Chef gift card. At the end of the campaign, we will select one grand prize winner who will receive a $500 Pampered Chef gift card. That's a lot of kitchen goodies!

Can I submit multiple entries for the "Share Your Host's Generosity Stories!" campaign?

Yes, you can submit multiple entries throughout the campaign. However, each entry must be unique and cannot be a repeat of a previous submission. We encourage you to share all the amazing generosity stories from your hosts!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amuia
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • krzymomof4