• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can using PC bags as a purse help generate leads?

people are more apt to stop and talk to me.I have tried wearing the tote bag, but I still get approached by people. It's better when I'm out and about and people see me and approach me. I guess people are just curious.
scottcooks
Gold Member
At Nat. Conference, I overheard a director talking to her team saying, if you were ever shy of bookings or wanted recruits, to go to the mall wearing your apron and you could book a lot.

Has anyone done this? :confused:

Twice I've tried, I got so nervous about 'trespassing' or breaking some rule about soliciting, I never got the apron on.

I did go to a Hispanic festival weekend event, (though I don't speak Spanish) and they had plenty of tables and room, but they said they wanted $200 for 1 day for a booth. Way over my budget. I setup outside the park where they were gathering, and was asked to leave. Fair enough.

I suppose the mall would ask me to leave if it were a problem. My wife is in Mary Kay and has gone to the mall a couple times to generate leads.

Scott--this is what I've heard at conference. Take one of our bags (the ones that come in the boxes of product) to the mall with you. Put all of your other packages or just your coats in the PC bag. People will approach you wondering where the Pampered Chef store is.

I've not heard about wearing your apron to the mall. That is a little out there. A friend of mine was doing a scavenger hunt getting names and phone numbers from random people. This was a PC exercise to help her break out of her group of friends and family. She was kicked out of the mall because it was considered soliciting.

How about just wearing a PC shirt instead of an apron?

:eek: Call me a diva, but you would not catch me wearing the apron at the mall. Ack!:p
Hmmm....*maybe* if I was working at a kiosk (which we can't do anyway, can we?) I would, but not just walking around like a shopper.
A PC shirt or even our catalog tote bag I would do.. but not the apron! :eek: :D

How about wearing your name tag... when you go out to eat for lunch, or shopping... people may look at it trying to figure out where you work...and see PC! ...and ya look important!

Apron...nope... I'm no diva either, but I wouldn't do that.

I've heard of the PC bag thing, and I always forget until I'm IN the mall... but I think it's a great idea too!

No Apron For Me EitherI am with you guys...I wouldn't be caught dead in that apron in the mall...people would look at me like I was absolutely crazy and I look at myself and being pretty good at trying anything...I do take my PC bag with me most of the time when I go and I have handed out a few catalogs at stores that I was shopping in. Flopping the bag up on the counter when you pay does wonders...especially if you are in a cooking store.

I carry the small tote (from the show-to-go set) as my purse when I'm in the mall/out shopping. This weekend alone I had 3 people ask me about PC (two had never heard of us, and one had been given a stone as a present). We exchanged business cards, and I emailed them them today. They also asked to be put on my mailing list. I also wear my "Ask me about The Pampered Chef" pin when I'm out and about (nothing fancy). It grabs attention from people standing in line nearby, etc. We'll see if it works, but some attention is better than none :)
Erin

Bags in the MallI tried the bag at the mall, but I think it was too close to Christmas, like the weekend before. I didn't get one bite.

I have a "man tote" from AIM that my recruiter got for me. I carry that all the time, but have not had anyone ask me about it yet.

I've been carrying around a PC black tote bag as my purse for the past 6 or 7 months and NOT ONE person has ever approached me about it. One of my friends saw it and said, "Oh, that's so cool!" But obviously she knows all about PC and was even one of my past hosts. Oh well...maybe one day...

That's the same with me. Been carrying around the bag and not one person has asked. I have pins on my jacket with PC on it and nothing. I have a window decal and nothing. I'm not too sure people even look at each other anymore. I'm not brave enough to go up to people and just start talking to them. I do really well when I am at craft sales and such, talking to people I don't know. I know some are able to just start talking to someone in line at a grocery store or the cashier. I just don't know how to bring up the topic without sounding like I'm being pushy. Any suggestions????

Hmmm...I've only had my bag for about 2 weeks. I guess it was just good luck or something. The only tip I can think of is that I purposefully wear a smile and make eye contact with other people in line. I think it sends the message that I'm easy to talk to. I also make it look like I'm having fun wherever I am...which can be exhausting, but it keeps me in a good mood. Besides, most people assume that since I'm carrying the bag, I must want people to ask if they're interested. Hope you have a nibble soon...

Keep TryingI've been using the PC bags as my purse since we got the clear pouch one at Natl Conference 2004. I sometimes forget about the always peppy thing. Since it is my purse I just grab it and go. People are always asking me about it. I have gotten some really good leads through using the clear pouch bag. I bought the new one off the supply order form and use that now. I like that it can zip closed.

When my 3 kids are with me sometimes it is hard to keep that PC grin going. I'm usually not business woman but constant mommy. It still works though. People will generally mention the bag and say, "Oh my, don't you have your hands full!" Once it led to a recruit lead because she wanted to know how to do it with her little one.

1. How can I attract potential customers at the mall?

One effective way to attract potential customers at the mall is to set up a visually appealing display with your products and offer free samples or demonstrations. This will pique people's interest and encourage them to stop and learn more about your products.

2. Is it better to set up a booth or walk around the mall to generate leads?

Both options can be effective, but setting up a booth allows you to showcase your products and have a designated space for potential customers to approach you. Walking around the mall can also be effective, but make sure to have samples or business cards on hand to give to interested individuals.

3. How can I make sure I am targeting the right audience at the mall?

Research the demographics of the mall you will be at and tailor your products and approach to appeal to that specific audience. You can also use social media or other forms of advertising to promote your presence at the mall and attract your target audience.

4. What should I do if I am struggling to generate leads at the mall?

If you are not seeing much success in generating leads at the mall, try changing up your approach or location within the mall. You can also collaborate with other mall vendors or offer special promotions or discounts to attract more customers.

5. How can I follow up with potential leads I meet at the mall?

Make sure to collect contact information from interested individuals and follow up with them in a timely manner. You can also offer special incentives or promotions to encourage them to make a purchase. Utilizing social media or email marketing can also be effective for following up with potential leads.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AlowayFamily
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
reneenshelcook4u
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Back