• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rainy Day Delivery Disaster: FedEx Leaves Boxes Unprotected in the Rain

In summary, my sister hosted a show for me that was just delivered today. She was so excited to get her stuff. Then she called me when she got home. The FedEx guy left all four boxes unprotected! It's been raining ALL DAY so it's not like it was a freak shower. She said two of the boxes are completely soaked through (like falling apart) and the other two are about half way. I was shocked - if there is even a thought of rain, my FedEx guy always wraps them in plastic. I of course called HO so that they could make sure the information got passed on. And told her to call me if anything got damaged!
wadesgirl
Gold Member
My sister hosted a show for me that was just delivered today. She was so excited to get her stuff. Then she called me when she got home. The FedEx guy left all four boxes unprotected! It's been raining ALL DAY so it's not like it was a freak shower. She said two of the boxes are completely soaked through (like falling apart) and the other two are about half way. I was shocked - if there is even a thought of rain, my FedEx guy always wraps them in plastic. I of course called HO so that they could make sure the information got passed on. And told her to call me if anything got damaged!

My other thought is I like to store some of my products in their original box, I can only imagine that there are some product boxes that aren't even salvageable. I could only imagine trying to give the guests their products with boxes falling apart of not even there!

Oh, no! That stinks!! My FedEx guy always wraps it in plastic, too. I wonder what happened to her guy?? Must have been "out to lunch"!!

My lady puts them under our carport if it has been raining at all or the front porch is damp. I am now getting her to "deliver" it to my bedroom since I have an outside entrance and that is where I do all my sorting! She carries them all the way inside since I am on a cane! Sorry you had one not be so nice! Wonder if HO will send you new product boxes....

My boxes get left out too. I've had to have cookbooks replaced because the water from the rain seeped through the boxes & got to the cookbooks. I described it in detail on the adjustment so that they would know what happened.

My street is small, only 6 houses. Apparently my driver decided to leave my supply order on my disabled neighbors handicap ramp. It had rained so much by the time my husband got the box from my neighbor the box had completely disintegrated.Also this week, FedEx decided to deliver over $1,000 worth of products to my SIL, to bad they left it at her address in the wrong town. The house they left the products at is abandoned with a for sale sign on the front lawn. The boxes were delivered on Thursday and FedEx told my SIL that they would not be able to get her an answer on where the boxes were until at least Monday. She finally decided to send her hubby to check the other house and there were the boxes, completely soaked from a few days in the pouring rain. Way to go FedEx.I can't believe we pay these people to deliver our stuff.I so sympathize with you Wadesgirl!

They'd start caring if HO made FEDEX responsible for the damages, as they should. It doesn't take a genius to not leave boxes in the rain. That's why they have those door-labels- so they can redeliver! Sorry it's an inconvenience once in a blue moon....but if they had to pay for the cost of the items, they'd be less careless.

My FedEx lady is kind enough to cover the boxes in plastic, too. But, only cover them. Meaning, she'll put the boxes on the porch, whether it's wet or not, then pull the plastic bag down over them. Oh well, at least she makes some effort.

What happened to the packages in the "Rainy Day Delivery Disaster"?

Due to heavy rain, the FedEx delivery driver left the boxes containing Pampered Chef products outside, without any protection, causing water damage and ruined products.

Did Pampered Chef receive any compensation for the damaged products?

Yes, Pampered Chef has a partnership with FedEx and they were able to file a claim for the damaged products. The company received compensation for the value of the damaged products.

What steps is Pampered Chef taking to prevent this from happening in the future?

Pampered Chef has implemented new protocols for delivery drivers, requiring them to have a backup plan for inclement weather, such as having plastic covers or finding shelter to protect the packages. The company is also considering switching to a different shipping provider.

Will customers be reimbursed for the damaged products?

Yes, customers who received damaged products due to the "Rainy Day Delivery Disaster" will be reimbursed. Pampered Chef has a satisfaction guarantee and will provide a replacement or refund for any damaged products.

How can I track my package and ensure it is delivered safely?

Pampered Chef provides a tracking number for all orders, allowing customers to monitor the status of their package. If there are any concerns about delivery, customers can contact customer service for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tbsigma94
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • Cookin' Mama
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • ChefPeg