• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Understand the Gravy Separator: No Experience Needed!

In summary, a gravy separator is a kitchen tool used to separate fat from liquid in gravies, sauces, and broths. It works by pouring the liquid out through a spout while leaving the fat behind. It is a simple and easy-to-use tool that does not require any prior experience. To clean and maintain it, simply wash with hot soapy water and dry thoroughly before storing. It can also be used for other liquids and comes in various sizes to suit different needs.
chefsara
Silver Member
Can someone explain the gravy separator for me? I do not do gravy and don't have this tool. However, my SIL bought one a couple of years ago and just got it out to use it and says she doesn't know for sure how to use it. I don't have it, have not seen one, and she lives in TN so I can't check hers out. She thought the grease would come to the top and pour off, but something about it not separating? Doesn't it have to sit and cool off to separate? Maybe she isn't waiting long enough? Maybe I need to buy one just to understand how it works!!

I have one but have only used it a couple times, I have to look up the directions every time. I would go to CC and get the use and care instructions and check the product information guide. There is also a product demonstration video on there that you can watch so that you can explain it to her better. Good luck!

You let the drippings sit until the grease comes to the top. You can then pour the good stuff out from the bottom. The removable part keeps back the liquid so that it pours from the bottom, leaving the grease in the container.

I have done demos of this using water and vegetable oil. You might want to ask your sister to try it this way so she can find out how GREAT it works!!!!!

It has become our one of our family's favorite 4 cup measuring cups as well. We use it every day to mix pancake mix in. The separator part is fantastic when we need it but the every day use is even better for us.

What is a gravy separator and how does it work?

A gravy separator is a kitchen tool used to separate the fat from the liquid in gravies, sauces, and broths. It works by using a spout located near the bottom of the container to pour the liquid out while leaving the fat behind.

Do I need any experience to use a gravy separator?

No, you do not need any prior experience to use a gravy separator. It is a simple and easy-to-use tool that anyone can use in their kitchen.

How do I clean and maintain my gravy separator?

To clean your gravy separator, simply wash it with hot soapy water and rinse thoroughly. Avoid using abrasive materials or harsh chemicals as they can damage the tool. Additionally, make sure to dry the separator completely before storing it to prevent any mold or bacteria growth.

Can a gravy separator be used for other liquids besides gravy?

Yes, a gravy separator can be used for other liquids such as sauces, broths, and stocks. It is a versatile tool that can help remove excess fat from any liquid-based dish.

Are there different sizes of gravy separators available?

Yes, there are different sizes of gravy separators available. You can find small ones for individual use or larger ones for cooking for a group. It is important to consider your needs before purchasing a gravy separator to ensure you get the right size for your kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leftymac
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gaddischef
  • kcjodih
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cmdtrgd