1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Gavy Separator

1. chefsara

chefsara Member Silver Member

Can someone explain the gravy separator for me? I do not do gravy and don't have this tool. However, my SIL bought one a couple of years ago and just got it out to use it and says she doesn't know for sure how to use it. I don't have it, have not seen one, and she lives in TN so I can't check hers out. She thought the grease would come to the top and pour off, but something about it not separating? Doesn't it have to sit and cool off to separate? Maybe she isn't waiting long enough? Maybe I need to buy one just to understand how it works!!

May 1, 2009
  2. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I have one but have only used it a couple times, I have to look up the directions every time. I would go to CC and get the use and care instructions and check the product information guide. There is also a product demonstration video on there that you can watch so that you can explain it to her better. Good luck!

May 1, 2009
  3. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

You let the drippings sit until the grease comes to the top. You can then pour the good stuff out from the bottom. The removable part keeps back the liquid so that it pours from the bottom, leaving the grease in the container.

May 1, 2009
  4. Chef Gilles

Chef Gilles Member Gold Member

I have done demos of this using water and vegetable oil. You might want to ask your sister to try it this way so she can find out how GREAT it works!!!!!

May 1, 2009
  5. quiverfull7

quiverfull7 Legacy Member Gold Member

It has become our one of our family's favorite 4 cup measuring cups as well. We use it every day to mix pancake mix in. The separator part is fantastic when we need it but the every day use is even better for us.

May 1, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted