• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Gastric Bypass Recipes? Suggestions Welcome!

In summary, for those following a low-carb diet after gastric bypass surgery, some great options include baked or grilled protein like chicken, fish, or tofu, as well as non-starchy vegetables like broccoli, spinach, and zucchini. Vegetarian gastric bypass patients can enjoy options like roasted vegetable quinoa bowls, lentil and vegetable soups, and tofu stir-fries. Desserts can still be enjoyed in moderation, but it's important to choose healthier options such as sugar-free or low-sugar options. For busy weeknights, sheet pan meals, stir-fries, and slow cooker meals are quick and easy options. To modify favorite recipes for a gastric bypass diet, use lean protein sources, reduce fat and sugar, swap out
sherry
Gold Member
I have a show scheduled for a group that has had gastric bypass surgery. They can't have flour, white rice or sugar (splenda ok). I would prefer Pampered Chef Recipes, but will take any suggestions.
Thank you :)

Maybe salads???You consultants really get out there!!! A whole group of people who has had gastric bypass surgery?? Wow!

Okay, seriously, I guess the Summer Cobb Salad, or the Touchdown Taco Dip would be good (oh, but they can't have flour..hmm, what would they dip..I don't think corn chips have flour, so maybe store bought chips..just thinking out loud here)... I have the salad recipe cards, maybe that would work??

If you don't have the salad recipes, send me a private email and I'll send them to ya... Good luck!!

Veggi QuichesI did a show for celiacs (wheat intolerant) and veggies earlier in the year. I did mini veg frittatas (like the mini veg quiches but without the pastry) in the mini-muffin pan. These were topped with a little Hoummus and a slice of black olive (sliced in egg slicer of course!) and a little sprig of parsley. Make sure you leave them in the mini-muffin pan for 5 mins before you try to get them out or they can break up.
Hope this helps.
Yvonne

celiacsYvonne,

You won't believe this, I just had someone ask me if I could do a show for celiacs! Where is the recipe you used? I'd like to use it too!

Thank you for your help!

1. What are some low-carb options for gastric bypass recipes?

For those following a low-carb diet after gastric bypass surgery, some great options include baked or grilled protein like chicken, fish, or tofu, as well as non-starchy vegetables like broccoli, spinach, and zucchini. You can also incorporate healthy fats like avocado and olive oil into your meals.

2. Are there any specific recipes for gastric bypass patients who are vegetarians?

Yes, there are many delicious vegetarian recipes that are suitable for gastric bypass patients. Some options include roasted vegetable quinoa bowls, lentil and vegetable soups, and tofu stir-fries. Just be sure to focus on getting enough protein and nutrients from other sources since you won't be able to eat as much after surgery.

3. Can I still enjoy desserts after gastric bypass surgery?

Yes, you can still enjoy desserts in moderation after surgery. However, it's important to choose healthier options such as sugar-free or low-sugar options, as well as smaller portions to avoid overeating. You can also try making healthier versions of your favorite desserts using ingredients like almond flour and stevia.

4. What are some easy and quick gastric bypass recipes for busy weeknights?

Some easy and quick gastric bypass recipes for busy weeknights include sheet pan meals with protein and vegetables, stir-fries with lean protein and non-starchy vegetables, and slow cooker meals like chili or stew. These meals can be prepped in advance and are quick to cook, making them perfect for busy schedules.

5. How can I modify my favorite recipes to make them suitable for a gastric bypass diet?

To make your favorite recipes suitable for a gastric bypass diet, you can make a few simple modifications such as using lean protein sources, reducing the amount of fat and sugar, and swapping out refined grains for whole grains. You can also try using smaller portion sizes and incorporating more non-starchy vegetables into your meals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • soulsing
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedpals