• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gas Prices and Mileage: Will Business Owners Get a Break?

In summary, the conversation discusses the increasing gas prices and its impact on small business owners who use their vehicles for work. They mention the current rate of 33 cents per mile and hope for an increase to help cover the cost of gas. Some examples are given of other businesses increasing their mileage rate. The current federal rate for 2005 is 40.5 cents per mile and individuals can track their mileage for tax deductions.
kitchenqueen
This came to mind as I was filling up my SUV with gas and it surpassed the $50 mark :eek: ...but do you think they will increase the rate they give us per mile?!?! I would hope the government gives us small business owners a break when it comes to the milage we are putting on our vehilces along with all the $$$ going towards gas!! I'm pretty sure right now they give us .33 cents per mile..if I am wrong please correct me. But I think 33 cents is squat to what we are paying for a gallon of gas these days. Does anyone know of any rate changes or think someone of importance will help change the rate given to business owners?

mileageI know my husband works for a farming business and he just told me that they changed thier mileage to i believe .37 cents a mile but i may be wrong on the price but i do know they increased it so im sure they will increasse ours.

The current rate for state employees in OK is 40.5 cents per mile. It was 33, then 37, then 37.5, and now 40.5. Not sure about what we will get when tax time comes.

Shawnna

Thanks for the info!Thanks ~ every little bit of information helps! I am glad to know that they will give us a bit more per mile seeing as how we are paying an arm and a leg to run errands :eek: ! My husband and I are currently shopping for a more gas efficient vehicle due to these outragous gas prices. Hopefully by tax time the rate will be higher. I can only assume it will due to the predicted climb of gas prices.

Per IRS and...my tax accountant sister in law (handy to have one of these in the family)... the federal mileage rate for 2005 is 40.5 cents per mile. I think you can adjust the mileage rate in PP. If not you can track your mileage and claim the 40.5 at the end of the year. I drive for my regular job too so I have to write off the difference between their reimbursement and the federal allowance.

What is the current state of gas prices and how are they affecting business owners?

As of [current date], gas prices are [current average price] per gallon. This is [higher/lower] than [same time last year]. Business owners are feeling the impact of these prices, as it can significantly affect their transportation costs and ultimately their profits.

Is there any relief for business owners when it comes to high gas prices?

Unfortunately, there is no direct relief for business owners specifically for gas prices. However, there are ways to mitigate the impact, such as implementing fuel-efficient practices and using alternative modes of transportation when possible.

Will gas prices continue to rise in the near future?

It is difficult to predict the exact trajectory of gas prices, as they are influenced by various factors such as global supply and demand, political events, and natural disasters. However, many experts believe that gas prices will continue to fluctuate in the near future, with the potential for gradual increases.

How can business owners improve their vehicle's gas mileage?

There are several ways business owners can improve their vehicle's gas mileage, such as keeping up with regular maintenance, using the recommended grade of motor oil, ensuring proper tire pressure, and avoiding excessive idling and aggressive driving.

Are there any resources or tools available to help business owners track and manage their gas expenses?

Yes, there are various apps and software programs available that can help business owners track and manage their gas expenses. These tools can provide insights on fuel consumption, identify areas for improvement, and even help with budgeting and expense tracking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
TJMagoo
Replies
Views
chefann
  • smspamperedchef
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies