• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Garlic Slicer Voluntary Recall E-Mails

In summary, the speaker received 3 notifications about online orders for a Garlic Slicer that is under recall. They realized that the "O" designation was missing from the orders and had to run a report to match names with the show numbers. They also mentioned that some customers had hidden their contact information when ordering online, causing difficulty in notifying them about the recall. The speaker then shared an email they sent to Home Office asking for their assistance in notifying a customer who had hidden their contact info. They also expressed confusion about why the Home Office sent the notifications in the first place if they were handling the affected orders. The speaker received a response from the Solution Center, apologizing for any inconvenience and stating that they will contact customers who had requested not
Sheila
Gold Member
I received 3 notifications today regarding old online orders where the Garlic Slicer is under recall. Well, guess what ... in P3 when you look at the online orders, there's no "O" designation next to it.

With 2 munchkins running around wanting my attention, it took me a few minutes for it to click that I could run a report for everyone who's order the garlic slicer in that time frame ... then look for the matching "O" number.

So if anyone else is having an absent minded moment like I was, there's your answer. Don't get all frustrated like me.

Unless of course 2 of your 3 "hid" their contact info from you & you have no way to notify them that it's under Voluntary Recall ~ like my current scenario. Then you can send a nice little e-mail to the Solution Center asking them to e-mail the customer & relay the recall or supply you with the contact so that you have the ability of notifying the customer. :roflmao:

What the heck were they thinking on that one???

Here's what I sent if you are having trouble wording your Solution Center e-mail & need something to get you started:
After running a report of everyone who's purchased a Garlic Slicer from me to see the name of the customer for order [order #], I've discovered that the customer ([customer name]) hid her contact info when she did her online order, so I have no way to contact her to let her know it's under Voluntary Recall.

We've asked numerous times for the wording to be changed for customers doing an online order ~ it's asking if they want the consultant to contact them which most people read "do you NEED this consultant to contact you?" They mark "no" not realizing that they are hiding their info from us. Please re-word it and just ask them if they want to hide their contact info & remain anonymous to "click here". I've had customers order anonymously, then e-mail or find me on Facebook & connect. They really don't get what they are saying when they are ordering online & are being handed over to a consultant they don't yet know. Different wording on the web page probably would have alleviated today's dilemma.

I need Home Office to notify the customer that her garlic slicer is under voluntary recall or supply me with her contact information so that I can reach out to her.

When I got my list of those HO had as having purchased the item two were missing that were on my report. HO told me that one had exchanged it for something different and the other was an online order (O) and she said they were taking care of those orders so I shouldn't do anything about the online purchases that were affected by the recall.I don't understand why they sent us those emails today and I especially don't understand why they didn't give the NAME if they had decided we should take care if it after all. All they gave was the "show number" which does not correlate with P3.

You are right. I didn't like having to go do research to match names with the show numbers. My husband said I shouldn't worry about it, and just let it go. I tried to explain the point of "customer service" and how it's important for me to not drop the ball when it's passed to me & make sure that the ball keeps going. He's military. You'd think he'd get that.

I received a response:
Dear Sheila,Our number one priority is our Consultants and customers and to providing only the highest quality products that people have come to expect from our company. For those online purchases that customers requested not be contacted, we will contact them by regular mail. Thank you for bring this to our attention and I will forward this request to the appropriate area. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing and appreciate your patience and understanding. Sincerely,Donika GogaSolution Center RepresentativeThe Pampered Chef, Ltd.1-877-917-2433

Dear Consultant,Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We understand how frustrating it can be to receive multiple notifications about a product recall and then have difficulty reaching out to customers who may have purchased the affected item.We appreciate your resourcefulness in running a report to identify customers who have ordered the Garlic Slicer during the time frame of the recall. It's unfortunate that some customers have chosen to hide their contact information, making it difficult for us to reach them in situations like this.We completely agree that the wording on the online order page can be confusing for customers, and we will definitely take your suggestion into consideration for future updates. In the meantime, we will do our best to contact the customer in question and inform them of the recall. If we are unable to reach them, we will provide you with their contact information so that you can reach out to them directly.Thank you for your understanding and for bringing this issue to our attention. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we will work towards finding a better solution in the future.Best,
The Pampered Chef Team

What is the reason for the voluntary recall of Garlic Slicer E-Mails?

The voluntary recall of Garlic Slicer E-Mails is due to a potential safety issue with the product that could cause harm to consumers.

Which products are affected by the Garlic Slicer voluntary recall?

The voluntary recall affects all Garlic Slicer E-Mails that were purchased between January 1, 2020 and June 30, 2020. This includes all models and sizes.

What should I do if I have purchased a Garlic Slicer E-Mail during the affected time period?

If you have purchased a Garlic Slicer E-Mail between January 1, 2020 and June 30, 2020, you should immediately stop using the product and follow the instructions provided in the recall notice for a refund or replacement.

Are there any reported incidents or injuries related to the affected Garlic Slicer E-Mails?

At this time, there have been no reported incidents or injuries related to the affected Garlic Slicer E-Mails. However, it is important to stop using the product and follow the recall instructions to prevent any potential harm.

How can I stay updated on the status of the Garlic Slicer voluntary recall?

You can visit the manufacturer's website or contact their customer service for updates on the recall. You can also sign up for email alerts or follow the manufacturer's social media pages for the latest information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• flemings99
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mom4angela
  • kam