• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Garlic Press Paint/Coating Issue: Should I Request a New One?

In summary, if you notice any issues with the paint or coating on your garlic press, it is important to stop using it immediately to avoid any potential health hazards. If you experience any problems with the paint or coating, you can request a free replacement from Pampered Chef's customer service team. The company will cover the cost of shipping for the replacement item. The timeframe for receiving the replacement may vary depending on your location, and it is recommended to hand-wash your garlic press and avoid using harsh detergents or abrasive materials to prevent chipping or peeling of the paint or coating.
HJPChef
I just got my kit in October and I've noticed since then my garlic press has the paint or coating scraped off on the inside. Has that happened to anyone else? I've only had 3 shows and I don't use it everyday. Should I send it back and request a new one?

Thanks,

HJPChef

That's happened to mine but it's mostly because when I'm in a hurry during shows, I use my knife to dig out the garlic skin. I know, my bad, but it still works just fine.

Mine is the same way. It doesn't hurt it though.

A customer made me notice that too. I sent it back, got a new one.

From then on, I take very good care of it. Treat it like china. I wrap it in a rolled towel to take to shows. When it is dirty, I either hand wash or leave out of sink and put straight in dishwasher.

I did call H.O. and they said it is the best one on the market and they need care and not to throw in sink. They also said the manufacturer says the chips if swallowed will not hurt anybody. Wouldn't pass that info to anyone.

I've had the same problem. I can blame myself for not being as careful with it as I should. A couple times I've forgotten to take the garlic peel out right away, and once it dries out, that causes the paint to chip.

1. What should I do if the paint or coating on my garlic press starts to chip or peel?

If you notice any issues with the paint or coating on your garlic press, we recommend that you stop using it immediately. This could be a potential health hazard, as small pieces of paint or coating can mix with your food.

2. Can I request a replacement for my garlic press with a paint or coating issue?

Yes, absolutely! At Pampered Chef, we stand by the quality of our products and want our customers to be completely satisfied. If you are experiencing any issues with the paint or coating on your garlic press, please reach out to our customer service team for a replacement.

3. Will I have to pay for shipping if I request a new garlic press?

No, you will not have to pay for shipping if you request a replacement garlic press due to a paint or coating issue. We will cover the cost of shipping for the replacement item.

4. How long will it take to receive my replacement garlic press?

The timeframe for receiving your replacement garlic press may vary depending on your location. Our customer service team will provide you with an estimated delivery date when you request a replacement.

5. Is there anything I can do to prevent the paint or coating on my garlic press from chipping or peeling?

We recommend hand-washing your garlic press instead of putting it in the dishwasher, as the high heat and harsh detergents can cause the paint or coating to deteriorate. You can also try using a soft sponge or cloth to clean your garlic press, instead of abrasive materials that can damage the surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mike nike
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • scrappergirl7
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
scrappergirl7
  • RachelNguyen