1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Garlic Press

1. HJPChef

HJPChef Novice Member

I just got my kit in October and I've noticed since then my garlic press has the paint or coating scraped off on the inside. Has that happened to anyone else? I've only had 3 shows and I don't use it everyday. Should I send it back and request a new one?

Thanks,

HJPChef

Feb 1, 2006
  2. pamperedbecky

pamperedbecky Legacy Member

That's happened to mine but it's mostly because when I'm in a hurry during shows, I use my knife to dig out the garlic skin. I know, my bad, but it still works just fine.

3. janel kelly

janel kelly Advanced Member

Mine is the same way. It doesn't hurt it though.

Feb 1, 2006
  4. gojuliego

gojuliego Novice Member

A customer made me notice that too. I sent it back, got a new one.

From then on, I take very good care of it. Treat it like china. I wrap it in a rolled towel to take to shows. When it is dirty, I either hand wash or leave out of sink and put straight in dishwasher.

I did call H.O. and they said it is the best one on the market and they need care and not to throw in sink. They also said the manufacturer says the chips if swallowed will not hurt anybody. Wouldn't pass that info to anyone.

Feb 6, 2006
  5. Chef Laurie

Chef Laurie Member

I've had the same problem. I can blame myself for not being as careful with it as I should. A couple times I've forgotten to take the garlic peel out right away, and once it dries out, that causes the paint to chip.

Feb 7, 2006
Have something to add?