1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Garlic Bread

1. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I am making baked ravioli tonight for dinner and don't seem to have any garlic bread, but I do have a loaf of sour dough bread that I thought I could make into garlic bread, but I am trying to find a good recipe for it... I know, I can just brush on olive oil and sprinkle with the dipping oil seasoning, but I did that once and we weren't overly impressed with it, not a lot of flavor... any other thoughts... all of the recipes that I'm getting from Allrecipes.com have either tons of cheese or mayo in them and I really don't feel that I need to add more fat to it... TIA!

Apr 27, 2009
  2. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Press some garlic into olive oil or butter....your choice, then brush onto bread....toss some diced tomatoes and add Italian Seasoning.....yum

3. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

Paula, I agree with Laurie (though, I've never done the tomatoes and Italian Seasoning - sounds good). I'd add some of the Sea & Himalayan Pink Salt as well, after you take it out of the oven.

By the way, start slicing the bread (but, don't go all the way through, just a small slice on top) before adding the melted butter or olive oil. This way the flavor goes all the way through.

Apr 27, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted