1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Garlic Bites in 10" skillet???

1. pamperedbecky

pamperedbecky Legacy Member

I love the demo of making the garlic bites or the apple cinnamon bites (pull apart bread) in the small saute pan with the Grands biscuits. I want to double this recipe for a bigger brunch-themed show I have coming up. Do you think I could do this in the 10" Professional Covered Skillet? Has anyone tried doubling it? I know I could do two separate batches in the small saute pan, but the main recipe I'm doing (Ham and Cheddar Croissant Bake---yum! Just made it for dinner tonight to practice) is pretty involved and I don't want to spend any time on the 2nd recipe...I want it in the oven when guests come. Any ideas how long to cook it? Just thought I'd see if anyone tried doubling it. Thanks for your help! :D

2. janel kelly

janel kelly Advanced Member

I did the garlic bites in the 10 inch skillet all through the month of January and yes I just doubled the recipe. Its very easy and doesn't take long at all. You can have it in the oven baking if you want before everyone gets there. I've done it both ways. I kept it in the oven 25-30 minutes. Every oven was different so I just checked on it every so often.

Mar 1, 2006
  3. pamperedbecky

Awesome, thanks!! I'm excited to try it. :D

4. Can you enlighten me with the recipe for the Garlic bites and the Cinnamon Sugar Recipe? Much THANKS!

Jennifer

Mar 2, 2006
  5. janel kelly

janel kelly Advanced Member

put a search in for pull apart bread and you'll find the document with the recipe listed in several threads.

Mar 2, 2006
  6. pamperedbecky

I have a file with some ideas, although most say to use a stick of butter. I've never done that and I think that would be way too much. For the Garlic Bites, for example, I use 2-3 tablespoons of butter.

Attached Files:

7. Could I make these in a the small oval baker? I'm doing a lunch-time show at work and all we have is a toaster oven. I'd like a dessert that I could make during the show.

Thanks,

Joan

Mar 2, 2006
  8. RachelNguyen

RachelNguyen Guest

I would give it a try in the oval baker. You could premelt the butter with the garlic in the baker and then just add the biscuits. I don't even cut mine up, just put the normal sized ones in whole. (10 to a can). Then I flip them one by one to coat with the butter. I used only 2-3 Tbs. of butter and they come out great.

Try it first, though!

Rachel

Mar 2, 2006
  9. Thanks! I think I'll try the Caramel Pecan ones and throw some apples (or apple pie filling) in, too.

Mar 2, 2006
Have something to add?