• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discussing the Garlic & Brie Baker: Tips, Complaints, Praise

United States, but can be substituted with heavy cream. Whipping cream is lighter, with a butterfat content of around 30%, and may not provide the same rich and creamy texture as double cream.
Admin Greg
Staff member
Please discuss the Garlic and Brie Baker. Tips, complaints, praise, reviews, ideas, thoughts...

Love this. I own two and have yet to use if for garlic or brie. Don't like the name change. I think it pigeon holes the product in people's minds. I use mine for leftovers mostly, especially when I warm up something and my son isn't ready to eat. Put the lid on it and it stays warm until he's ready.

I do not have this product and don't really understand the reason for it so if someone could please explain I would appreciate it.

Can't I do the same thing in a small piece of stoneware?

its great for reheating hot dips and Fondue...just as me im a chef

Can't you do that in a piece of stoneware?

I view it as an option for a single serving bowl. It's great for reheating leftovers--I used it for leftover lasagna once and loved it! The lid helped keep it from splattering all over the microwave, I didn't have to worry about reheating in plastic, and it kept my food warm for a while. I got called away from eating it to help kids with various things and when I went back to it, it was still nice and warm for me. It's also nice for soup, better than a mug or a regular bowl. :)

What stone would you use? The mini baker is far too big for a lot of things. I use mine to heat up veggies for dinner, or these frozen baked soups I buy (french onion, loaded potato), or reheating a little shepherd's pie or stew or something.

I have the old small oval baker and use that alot. So is it half the size of the Round Covered Baker? If so, that is nice because of the lid. Wish it were stoneware though

Name change sucks....a bit strong to post but what was wrong with less cumbersom "Mini- Round" or "Single Serve Round" casserole/baker. So with Jane on this one. It so limits the perception of item.

I don't like the name change either but I also think I was pronouncing cocotte wrong. I do agree that mini round baker would have been better. I use mine for making hot dips and melting chocolate or caramel for dipping fruit.

Junes Open Kitchen said:
Name change sucks....a bit strong to post but what was wrong with less cumbersom "Mini- Round" or "Single Serve Round" casserole/baker. So with Jane on this one. It so limits the perception of item.

Single Serve Round baker would have been brilliant, since they keep saying that's one of the trends!

I kind of laughed when I heard they changed the name. I thought I remembered they didn't want it to be thought of 'just for brie and garlic', 'so many more uses...' Maybe it wasn't selling well enough, so they decided the name change might kick start sales. I sold several of them, especially the gift set. Or maybe...HO found out the other definition of cocotte (which has been mentioned elsewhere on this site months ago!):

1.A heatproof dish or small casserole in which individual portions of food can be both cooked and served.
2.A fashionable prostitute

As I said before, gotta love the French!!

Caramel Apple Crisp For 2 apple crisp1964896449_n.jpg

Caramel Apple Crisp for Two -

Ingredients:
2 medium apples, peeled and sliced - use the Apple Peeler / Corer / Slicer for this - Granny Smith Apples are the BEST
2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoon butter
4 tablespoons oats - quick cooking or old fashion
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 - 3 heaping tablespoons Caramel Ice Cream Topping
Ice Cream (optional - but why NOT?)

Directions:

Place apple slices in the Garlic & Brie Baker.
Spoon Caramel topping over the apples.
In a bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add oats and cinnamon. Sprinkle over apple slices and caramel.

Bake, covered, at 350° for 20 minutes - then remove cover and bake an additional 15 min or until tender.
Serve with ice cream if desired

OMG Dip!For Garlic and Brie baker...

6 Mars Bars
9-10 squares good quality dark choc
6-8 tablespoons double cream

Preheat oven to 180
Put ingredients into cocotte
Cover with lid
Bake 15 mins
Stir well

O M G!

Serve with bananas, strawberries and marshmallows

DebPC said:
For Garlic and Brie baker...6 Mars Bars
9-10 squares good quality dark choc
6-8 tablespoons double cream Preheat oven to 180
Put ingredients into cocotte
Cover with lid
Bake 15 mins
Stir well O M G! Serve with bananas, strawberries and marshmallows
Is double cream the same as heavy cream? whipping cream?

lt1jane said:
Double creamDouble cream is heavy cream with a butterfat content of 42%. This is hard to find in the U.S. You can substitute "heavy cream" which has at least 36% butterfat. Avoid ultrapasturized versions which are more difficult to whip and don't have a clean, fresh, cream flavor. Read more from GourmetSleuth.com: http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/Dictionary/D/Double-cream-6128.aspx#ixzz2WFRWVCLs
Thanks. I thought that double cream was British. Not as easily found as "bonnets" and "spammers" or is that "spanners?" :)

Baked Brie RecipeYummy with fruit...

baked brie0901_n.jpg

1. What is the best way to clean the Garlic & Brie Baker?

The best way to clean the Garlic & Brie Baker is to let it cool down completely before washing it with warm, soapy water. Use a soft sponge or cloth to gently scrub any food residue. Avoid using harsh abrasives or metal utensils, as they can damage the non-stick coating.

2. Can the Garlic & Brie Baker be used in the oven?

Yes, the Garlic & Brie Baker is oven-safe and can withstand temperatures up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. It is perfect for baking garlic, brie, and other appetizers in the oven.

3. How do I prevent the cheese from sticking to the Garlic & Brie Baker?

To prevent the cheese from sticking to the Garlic & Brie Baker, make sure to generously grease the bottom and sides of the baker with butter or cooking spray before adding the cheese. You can also line the baker with parchment paper for easier clean-up.

4. Is the Garlic & Brie Baker dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Garlic & Brie Baker is dishwasher safe. However, for best results and to prolong its lifespan, it is recommended to hand wash it with warm, soapy water.

5. Can I use the Garlic & Brie Baker to bake other dishes besides garlic and brie?

Yes, the Garlic & Brie Baker is versatile and can be used to bake a variety of dishes such as dips, casseroles, and desserts. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and temperature accordingly depending on the recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
SherryLynn
  • Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
Replies