• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating a Yummy Pizza Appetizer: What Crust to Use?

The recipe is from "The Skinnytaste Cookbook." It is a recipe for a pizza with broccoli and carrots. The recipe calls for using a baby carrot slicer. I have not tried it that way, but I have tried it with cream cheese and ranch.
chefsteph07
I was going through some old recipes and decided to make this for a show I have on Tuesday, anyone made this? My question is, is this made w/ a pizza shell, like Boboli, or a regular roll out pizza dough like Pillsbury? Does anyone have any other tips on this? It looks yummy so I want to make sure it goes over great with the guests! But, my main question is about the crust? Thanks!

What cookbook is this from? Sounds good!

I love this recipe. It's regular pizza dough. Easy to do and delicious.

Thanks! I paid more attention to the ingredient list in the recipe and realized it's the regular dough. I found it in the SB Spring/Summer 2004. Glad that it's good! Thanks again!

Would someone be able to post the recipe? This was a little before my time :blushing:

It is one of my favs!!

I searched pc but it says it doesn't exist. PLEASE SHARE!!!:angel:

Here's the recipe....

GARDEN RANCH PIZZA

2 pkgs. (10 oz. each) refrigerated pizza crust
½ c. mayo
2 Tbls. Ranch seasoning and salad dressing mix
1 garlic clove, pressed
2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 c. chopped broccoli
½ c. diced red bell pepper
1 medium carrot
½ c. pitted ripe olives, sliced
¼ c. grated fresh Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Unroll both packages of pizza dough and arrange side by side on Large Round Stone, shaping into a circle. Using a lightly floured Baker’s Roller, press seams to seal. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine mayo, seasoning mix, and garlic. Mix well, and spread evenly over crust. Top with ½ of the mozzarella cheese. Top with veggies and remaining mozzarella cheese. Grate Parmesan cheese over pizza with Deluxe Cheese Grater. Bake 18-22 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes; cut into wedges using Pizza Cutter.

Seriously one of my favorite recipes! People always turn up their nose at broccoli and carrots on a pizza - but it's FABULOUS!!

Can you tell me what you do with the carrot? Chop? Shred? Slice? My guess? Shred....?

I julienne it.

Just wanted to share that my party was this past Tuesday and I made this...everyone LOVED it and there was not a piece left! Most commented that it was like "hot veggie pizza" and loved the idea that they could use whatever veggies they wanted.

I also made Smores Dip which was AMAZING! I will be making this for the rest of the year! :)

I use baby carrots and put them in my Garlic slicer - it makes them super thin. I saw this somewhere where they used Cream Cheese & Ranch.

Has anyone done it that way?

1. What type of crust should I use for a pizza appetizer?

There are several options for crust that can be used for a pizza appetizer. Some popular choices include pre-made pizza dough, pre-made pizza crust, and pita bread. You can also use tortillas or flatbread for a thinner crust option.

2. Can I make my own crust for a pizza appetizer?

Yes, you can absolutely make your own crust for a pizza appetizer. Homemade pizza dough is a great option and can be made ahead of time to save time on the day of your event. You can also use pre-made pizza dough mix or a store-bought pizza crust mix for convenience.

3. What is the best way to prepare the crust for a pizza appetizer?

The best way to prepare the crust for a pizza appetizer is to pre-bake it before adding any toppings. This will ensure that the crust is crispy and can hold the toppings without becoming soggy. Simply place the crust on a baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.

4. Can I use gluten-free crust for a pizza appetizer?

Yes, you can use gluten-free crust for a pizza appetizer. There are many gluten-free crust options available in stores, or you can make your own using gluten-free flour. Just make sure to pre-bake the crust before adding toppings to ensure it holds up well.

5. Can I use a different type of cheese for a pizza appetizer?

Absolutely! While mozzarella is a popular choice for pizza, you can use any type of cheese that you prefer for your pizza appetizer. Some great options include cheddar, feta, or a blend of different cheeses. Get creative and use your favorite cheese to make your pizza appetizer extra delicious.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrshamel3808
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DessertDivaFL
  • erinpcmorgan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mscharf
  • PCCHeather0506