• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Garden Ranch Pizza: Treating Stone with EVOO?

In summary, before making pizza on a stone, it is important to season it with a layer of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) to prevent sticking and create a crispy crust. Only a small amount of EVOO should be used, as too much can make the pizza greasy. While EVOO is the best option, vegetable or canola oil can also be used. The stone should be treated with EVOO every 2-3 uses if it is used frequently, or before each use if used less often. It is important to clean and dry the stone before applying oil. The same stone can be used for both savory and sweet pizzas, but it is recommended to clean it thoroughly between uses and use a different
pelamm
I am going to make a Garden Ranch Pizza tonight to take to work tomorrow. I am still working on getting my stone seasoned - should I treat it with EVOO per the norm, and then sprinkle flour on it? Or just skip the flour?

Thanks in advance.

Paula in TN

seasoning the pan
pelamm said:
I am going to make a Garden Ranch Pizza tonight to take to work tomorrow. I am still working on getting my stone seasoned - should I treat it with EVOO per the norm, and then sprinkle flour on it? Or just skip the flour?

Thanks in advance.

Paula in TN

I never add flour to the stones. When they're new I spritz oil on them and then after the recipe is baked I run the serated bread knife under the crust. Works every time!

Hi Paula in TN,I would recommend treating the stone with EVOO before baking your pizza on it. This will help prevent the pizza from sticking to the stone and create a nice crispy crust. As for the flour, it really depends on your personal preference. Some people like to sprinkle a little flour on the stone before placing the pizza on it, while others prefer to skip the flour altogether. If you do choose to use flour, make sure to use a light dusting as too much can cause the pizza to become too dry. Happy baking!

1. How do I prepare the stone before making the pizza?

To ensure that the pizza does not stick to the stone, it is important to season the stone with a layer of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) before use. This will also help to create a crispy crust.

2. How much EVOO should I use to treat the stone?

You only need a small amount of EVOO to treat the stone. Use a pastry brush or paper towel to lightly coat the surface of the stone with oil. Too much oil can cause the pizza to become greasy.

3. Can I use any type of oil to treat the stone?

EVOO is the best oil to use for treating the stone as it has a high smoke point and adds a delicious flavor to the pizza. However, you can also use vegetable or canola oil if desired.

4. How often should I treat the stone with EVOO?

If you use your stone frequently, it is recommended to treat it with EVOO every 2-3 uses. If you use it less often, you can season it before each use. It is important to always clean and dry the stone before applying oil.

5. Can I use the same stone for both savory and sweet pizzas?

Yes, you can use the same stone for both savory and sweet pizzas. Just make sure to thoroughly clean the stone after each use to prevent any flavors from transferring. You may also want to use a different oil for sweet pizzas, such as a light vegetable oil, to avoid any flavor overlap.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchefpatti13
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mypamperedmoocow
Replies
Views
peichef
  • PCCHeather0506
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies