• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Garage Sale Advertising Ideas - Get Feedback From Lisa in Elk River, MN

In summary, Lisa is thinking of using her garage sale to promote her business, and is considering wearing an apron with her name tag, packing up her empty PC boxes, and doing a raffle.
onepamperedmom68
Hi there
Has anyone done this before? I am looking for feedback.
I am thinking of having a garage sale this spring/summer and wanted to try to promote my business.
I am thinking of using the Pampered Chef bags to put purchases in. Then I am thinking of putting business cards in the bag or handing one to each person and on the back of the card I am going to put a label that says "book a show and get _________ for free" I thought about doing up some cards that have Free Show, others that have something discounted or whatever.
Any thoughts or suggestions?
It seems like you always get people from all over the community at garage sales. I would place an ad in the local paper to advertise the sale and just thought it might be a way to get my name out there and drum up some business.
Let me know what you think.
Thanks for your help!
Lisa
Elk River, MN

I think that's a good idea. I'm planning on a garage sale, too, this summer and was going to have my theme show binder and some other information on the table where I'm keeping my money box. May use your idea of business cards, too.

Me three!Where I live, we actually have a base wide yard sale every month! I've often thought about this as a great marketing tool. I always have lots of stuff to get rid of anyway so I've been trying to come up with creative ways to bring up my business while I'm there. One thing I thought about was wearing my apron with name tag and all. This way I have pockets to put money and change in and maybe a business card or two ;) . I've also thought about bringing my empty PC boxes to pack everything up and/or give to folks that buy to put their stuff in. If I just happened to have a flier or buisness card in each one...Ooops! :D I'm also thinking of using the cookie press to make some cookies to give away. I can put a sign up near them that says something like, "Like the cookies? Want to know my secret?" Something like that...I'm reaching I know, but hey, if it works! The bag idea is good too! Thanks!

~Kristen

Oh...I just remembered the other thing I had thought about...doing a raffle. For everyone that buys something ($0.25-$25.00) I get them to fill out a raffle slip and enter to win...???? (Maybe an Ice Cream Dipper?) Just another thing I'd thought about...oh and have them put the slips in the batter bowl. :)

~Kristen

they actually talked about this at the business builders workshop the other night. someone mentioned that when she goes to garage sales or when a friend has one, she always wears her apron and has products, catalogs, host packets on hand.
I think it is a great idea!

I found that they didn't want to order they wanted you to have it on hand. So I stoped. If you guys do good, I might have to re-think it!!

i am going to have my hubbys birthday party at the park like we did last year. we had a huge turnout and there was lots of other families there too that we didnt know. i told him i was going to take my PC products and set them up and if someone wants to order they can. i always have tons of yard sales during the summer ( i have 3 kids..lol) and this year i am going to set them up as well with some flyers and info.

cjdrish, just wanted to let you know this..something to think about...i do a flea market/craft show every month. just about every month i have enough orders from there to do a catalog show with!! i tell them i will pay direct shipping for them and they usually order!! i have had good success with it and at my yard sales i will do the same thing...offer free direct shipping if they are out town or whatever!!

Great ideas everyone~
I never even thought about wearing my apron! GREAT! I will definately have to give it a try. I have to have a garage sale anyway to get rid of a ton of stuff and I might as well try to promote my business as well!
Thanks everyone for your help! :D
Have a great day!
Lisas

monica_sweetconsultant said:
i am going to have my hubbys birthday party at the park like we did last year. we had a huge turnout and there was lots of other families there too that we didnt know. i told him i was going to take my PC products and set them up and if someone wants to order they can. i always have tons of yard sales during the summer ( i have 3 kids..lol) and this year i am going to set them up as well with some flyers and info.

cjdrish, just wanted to let you know this..something to think about...i do a flea market/craft show every month. just about every month i have enough orders from there to do a catalog show with!! i tell them i will pay direct shipping for them and they usually order!! i have had good success with it and at my yard sales i will do the same thing...offer free direct shipping if they are out town or whatever!!
Monica,
How much do you usually have to put out for direct shipping? Do you think it is worth that extra cost and do more seem to place orders b/c you offer that?

well the first time i did the flea market i had 10 enter my drawing for the kitchen show. the next month i had 2 enter and i had a lot of questions about ordering but most were from out of town/state. i told them i would do the free shipping and some place 40-50 dollar orders. they now have my web site info so if they want to order more they can. i think in the long run it was worth it because i really needed some sales to stay active and it showed good customer service. i think you have to do what works best for you. i think i payed out of pocket about 50 dollars...but it was worth it to me.

cjdrish said:
I found that they didn't want to order they wanted you to have it on hand. So I stoped. If you guys do good, I might have to re-think it!!

I had several garage sales last year, I will probally have several this year
(my husband takes everyones junk, plus 3 growing kids)

Just remember these people are out looking for bargains. you are at a garage sale not JC Penny's;) You probally won't sell much but you are getting you name out there.

I didn't have much luck last year I had a table with catalogs and business cards, etc.

I'm going to try it again this year. Set up a table with catalogs, business cards, a free cooking show drawing ( I would rather have 3 good leads thatn 100 bad ones), and maybe a few products. I also think I'm going to make a poster about the hosting benefits (bargain shoppers love free things)

I love the apron idea!!! I never thought of that, you always need pockets for money etc at garage sales. I bet my husband would were one too!!!

1. What are some effective ways to advertise a garage sale?

Some effective ways to advertise a garage sale include posting flyers in the neighborhood, utilizing social media, placing an ad in the local newspaper, and using online platforms like Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace.

2. How can I get feedback from potential customers before the garage sale?

One way to get feedback is to post a preview of the items for sale on social media and ask for comments or suggestions. You can also create an online survey or poll to gather feedback from a larger audience.

3. Is it important to include the date and time of the garage sale in the advertisement?

Yes, it is crucial to include the date and time of the garage sale in the advertisement to ensure that potential customers know when and where to find you. This will also help you attract more interested buyers.

4. How can I make my garage sale stand out from others in the area?

To make your garage sale stand out, you can offer unique items, create eye-catching signs, and utilize creative advertising methods such as hosting a themed sale or partnering with other sellers in the area.

5. Are there any free or low-cost advertising options for garage sales?

Yes, there are several free or low-cost advertising options for garage sales, such as posting on community bulletin boards, using social media, and creating and distributing flyers in the local area. You can also reach out to local newspapers or radio stations to see if they offer any discounted advertising rates for garage sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
thehaleykitchen
  • chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies