• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Garage Sale Bookings: A Successful Strategy?

In summary, Brandie had a great turnout at her yard sale with people coming and asking about PC products. She recommends putting out some information beforehand to get people's attention.
Brandie
Hey, all!

My neighborhood garage sale was this weekend, and we were, of course, purging boatloads of stuff we DO NOT need! In addition, though, this year I put up a little table near the middle of everything with old PC catalogs, some recipe cards, and my bookings binder. I put my PC tablecloth on the table.

I didn't approach anyone at the sale about it; I just let them ask, and ask they did! I have a man who took a new catalog who is going to place a large order (just got divorced, and his wife got all the PC stuff!), I have several others who just took catalogs, and I got a booking for August (and a couple of maybes!)! WOO HOO!

I highly recommend this for anyone who is doing a agarage sale! It was easy and it worked!

That is soooooo AWESOME!!!! CONGRATS! Be sure to follow through with each of them while it is still fresh on their minds! WAY TO GO!!!

Yeah- I put a sign up at my one-day yard sale for the last 2 hours that said if interested in PC, please ask. I had one lady ask, but her husband was really impatient and wanted her to go, so I didn't get her info, but sent her with a book. I guess I have to be smarter about getting other's info so I can follow up.

I had a garage sale this past weekend and a past host of mine came and told me she wanted to start selling PC :eek: :eek:
When she had her show, she said NO I could never do that!! You just never know who might want to sell. If she indeed signs a contract that will make me a Future Director (again)!!:)

I was wondering if I should put some PC info out at my yard sale. It was supposed to be Saturday but ti poured out. I was so mad. We paid for an ad an all.

I would definitely put some information out--like I said, I didn't even have to talk to people; they asked me! It was great!

Sorry about the rain--it rained here for about 20 minutes on Friday, and then we had trouble getting people to come back to the sale. It was really slow after the rain! That sort of stunk!

I put out some SB at my yard sale and got a booking also, she is a former consultant and she says they have not had a PC show in her area for awhile which is 70 miles away from my house so I am hoping it will be good

If you have a retired product, or a little gift bag of some small items, or even somthing newer and bigger that is a duplicate, you could easily set up a door prize drawing and get names that way. Or just offer to give away a free show if you are concerned with collecting names that are dead-ends. We HAVE to have a garage sale soon, I was waiting to see if our neighborhood did an organized one but I'm getting the impression that it is everyone for themselves. If we do one, i'll definitely put somethign PC out to get names.

All this excitement is making me want to go digging through my house just to find stuff to have a garage sale!! lol Congrats on the bookings Brandie!!

A girlfriend (past and future host) is having a garage sale in a few weeks. I think I might try to crash it for a bit - especially with the old SB that I have! Great idea... THANKS!!!

I have been toying with the idea of having a yard sale. I might just HAVE to do that now!!

I had a sale this weekend but did not have room to put up any PC stuff... I did wear my pin.. a few people took a double take but no one really asked .. next time I WILL MAKE room for PC

nicki25 said:
I had a garage sale this past weekend and a past host of mine came and told me she wanted to start selling PC :eek: :eek:
When she had her show, she said NO I could never do that!! You just never know who might want to sell. If she indeed signs a contract that will make me a Future Director (again)!!:)

Way to go Nicki!

Yard SaleLadies - I have boxes piled in my garage of "stuff" to be sold at my yard sale. With all the excitement about bookings I am going home today, making signs & having a yard sale. Most likely next weekend. I'll let you know how I do.

To anyone thinking about having one, let's not making "thinking about it" an excuse. ;)

Come on girls WE CAN DO IT!!!!! :D

I am having a sale on Saturday and plan to have a table set up with PC stuff. Thanks for the idea on a draw for a free show, I will be doing that now as well!

garage sale ideaor you could give away a gift certificate...people will put in their info for that, I'm sure....offer a $15.00 or 20.00 certificate...you can make up your own so they have to redeem it through you, as well. Door prize slip "must be filled out completely!!".
good luck

I am sooooo there with you! I just need to get the time to do it. Maybe an hour a day and by end of June maybe I'll be there.
Schel :D

I really like that idea...... I wi ll have to try that at my next garage sale!

What is Garage Sale Bookings--Yahoo!?

Garage Sale Bookings--Yahoo! is a feature offered by Pampered Chef that allows customers to host a virtual garage sale on Yahoo! groups. This allows customers to sell Pampered Chef products at discounted prices while also earning free products.

How do I book a garage sale with Pampered Chef?

To book a garage sale with Pampered Chef, first find a Yahoo! group that allows garage sale postings. Then, contact your Pampered Chef consultant and provide them with the group's name and URL. They will then set up a private group for your garage sale and provide you with all the necessary information to get started.

What kind of products can I sell at a garage sale?

You can sell any Pampered Chef products at your garage sale, as long as they are in new or gently used condition. This includes kitchen tools, cookware, bakeware, and food items. However, please note that some discontinued or limited edition items may not be eligible for sale.

Do I need to have a consultant to book a garage sale?

Yes, you must have a Pampered Chef consultant to book a garage sale. If you do not have a current consultant, you can use the "Find a Consultant" feature on our website to locate one in your area.

What are the benefits of hosting a garage sale with Pampered Chef?

Hosting a garage sale with Pampered Chef not only allows you to earn free products, but it also gives you the opportunity to introduce new customers to our high-quality kitchen products. Additionally, you can declutter your kitchen and make some extra money at the same time!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
thehaleykitchen
  • chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • soonerchef