• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fun Bridal Shower Games: Ideas and Suggestions

In summary, the conversation discussed different ideas for games to play at a bridal shower. One suggestion was to have the bride carry a tray of kitchen tools around to the guests and then ask questions about the bride. Another idea was to play Bridal Bingo using words related to the consultant's business. Both games were considered fun and engaging for guests.
smithcooking
I am looking for some fun games to play at a bridal shower. I have searched on here in the file section and only came up with 2 games. What does everyone else play or have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Here's one I like: take an arrangement of tools and put them on the large bar pan or a cutting board or a tray etc. Things like the stainless whisk, Mix 'N Chop, scrapers and so forth. Have the bride go around to all of the guests carrying the pan/board/tray with the tools on it and show them what is on there. Let them know you'll be asking some questions, so take a good look. Then have the bride carry the tray away and go into another room. The questions will then be centered on the bride: what color is her shirt? When is the wedding? What is her eye color etc.

NooraK said:
Here's one I like: take an arrangement of tools and put them on the large bar pan or a cutting board or a tray etc. Things like the stainless whisk, Mix 'N Chop, scrapers and so forth. Have the bride go around to all of the guests carrying the pan/board/tray with the tools on it and show them what is on there. Let them know you'll be asking some questions, so take a good look. Then have the bride carry the tray away and go into another room. The questions will then be centered on the bride: what color is her shirt? When is the wedding? What is her eye color etc.

Oooh i like this game! anything that makes everyone think "oh i've done this game a dozen times b4" and then totally not be expecting a different one makes me happy :)

I do that one, too. It's so much fun to hear the groans of those who focused totally on what's on the tray. LOL!

I do a lot of bridal showers and typically play the game mentioned above with the tray of items, but then ask about the bride. The (happy) issue I'm having is that I am starting to do second and third showers with the same group of ladies (bookings for sisters, cousins, etc.) and you can't trick them every time! :)

I just came up with another idea - maybe it's been used, but I haven't seen it in the bridal shower thread. It's called Bridal Bingo. I've made up a list of 75 words that could be used through my show. Then, I go to Perceptus' Free Bingo Card Generator and copy those words into a form and the site will generate free customized bingo cards. You could call off words just like BINGO, but I'm going to use the honor system and have people check them off as I use them in the demo. I'll bring Season's Best cookbooks for prizes and let people only win a traditional BINGO once - I'll then encourage them to keep playing until someone gets a Blackout. My thoughts on this is that it will keep guests engaged and listening to the demo (I'm always the "sous chef" to the bride - she does the demo, I assist). Also, I'll encourage questions from the guests that might lead to me saying a word on their card.

In case you want to do this and don't have time to generate a list, my words are listed below. You can cut and paste. You'll notice a couple that are more specific to me as a consultant, so you can change them out.

$155
29 Minutes to Dinner
Apple Wedger
Apron
Bahamas
Bamboo
Bar Pan
Booking
Bride
Can Strainer
Classic Batter Bowl
Collapsible Bowl
Color Coated
Cookbook
Cookware
Cool & Serve
Credit Card
Cutting Board
Deep Covered Baker
Disneyworld
Doris Christopher
Easy
Easy Accent Decorator
Executive
Feeding America
Food Chopper
Forged Cutlery
Free
German Steel
Gift
Grill Basket
Groom
Guest Special
Half Price
Handy Scraper
Holidays
Host Special
Husband
Ice Cream Dipper
Knife Block
Lifetime Guarantee
Micro-cooker
Microwave
Mini Serving Spatula
Mix N Chop
Newsletter
Non-stick
Open House
Pantry
Paris
Past Host Discount
Plastic
Prep Bowl
Registry
Salad & Berry Spinner
San Francisco
Scoop
Scraper
Season’s Best
Shipping
Simple Additions
Smooth Edge Can Opener
Sous Chef
Square
Stainless Steel
Starter Kit
Stoneware
Timer
Tool Turn About
Trifle Bowl
Trivet
Twix-It Clips
Vacation
Whisk
Winston

noorak said:
here's one i like: Take an arrangement of tools and put them on the large bar pan or a cutting board or a tray etc. Things like the stainless whisk, mix 'n chop, scrapers and so forth. Have the bride go around to all of the guests carrying the pan/board/tray with the tools on it and show them what is on there. Let them know you'll be asking some questions, so take a good look. Then have the bride carry the tray away and go into another room. The questions will then be centered on the bride: What color is her shirt? When is the wedding? What is her eye color etc.

lots of fun!

How about a game of "Pin the Excuse on Hubby." It'll be good experience in case the marriage doesn't work out.

This is not a game, but fun to read at the bridal shower:

Diary of a Successful New Bride/Cook

Dear Diary:
Monday:
Now home from honeymoon and settled in our new home. It’s fun to cook for Bill. Today I made an angel food cake and the recipe said “Beat 12 eggs separately”. Well, I don’t have enough bowls to do that, so I had to borrow enough bowls to beat the eggs in. The cake turned out fine.

Tuesday:
We wanted a fruit salad for supper. The recipe said “Serve without dressing”. So, I didn’t dress. But, Bill happened to ring a friend home for supper that night. Did they ever look startled when I served the salad.

Wednesday:
I decided to serve rice and found a recipe which said, “Wash thoroughly before steaming the rice”. So, I heated some water and took a bath before steaming the rice. Sounded kinda silly in the middle of the week. I can’t say it improved the rice any.

Thursday:
Today Bill asked for salad again. I tried a new recipe. It said “Prepare ingredients, then toss on a bed of lettuce one hour before serving”. I hunted all over the garden by my mom’s. So, I tossed my salad into the bed of lettuce and stood over there one hour so the dog would not take it. Bill came over and asked if I felt all right. I wonder why?

Friday:
Today I found an easy recipe for cookies. It said “Put all ingredients in a bowl and beat it.” Beat it I did, right over to my Mom’s house. There must have been something wrong with the recipe, because when I came back home again it looked the same as when I left it.

Saturday:
Bill went shopping today and brought home a chicken. He asked me to dress it for Sunday. I’m sure I don’t know how hens dress for Sunday. I never noticed back on the farm, but I found a doll dress and some little shoes. I thought the hen looked real cute. When Bill saw it, I wondered why he counted to 10.

Sunday:
Today Bill’s folks came to dinner. I wanted to serve roast, but all we had in the icebox was hamburger. So, I put it in the oven and set the controls for roast. There must be a problem with the oven, because it still came out hamburger.

Monday:
I was going to bake bread today. The recipe said “Mix well and knead well. Then stand in a warm place until double in bulk.” I just won’t bake bread if I have to double in bulk.

Goodnight Dear Diary: This has been an exciting week. I am eager for tomorrow to come, so I can try a new recipe on Bill.

Brenda, This is wonderful! I have a new recruit and her first show is going to be a Bridal Shower. She's been asking for some things to include. I believe this will be great. Thanks for sharing. This is a great network!
Marti

pc_cindy said:
...I just came up with another idea - maybe it's been used, but I haven't seen it in the bridal shower thread. It's called Bridal Bingo. I've made up a list of 75 words that could be used through my show. Then, I go to Perceptus' Free Bingo Card Generator and copy those words into a form and the site will generate free customized bingo cards...

Thanks, Cindy!! I just made and printed some BINGO cards. I think this would be a great way to have guests stay focused during any demo, and a fun game that takes very little work on my part. GREAT! THANKS!

Love these suggestions for games. Thanks!!

What types of games are usually played at a bridal shower?

Some popular games for bridal showers include "How Well Do You Know the Bride?", "Bridal Bingo", "The Newlywed Game", "Wedding Pictionary", and "Pass the Bouquet".

How many games should be planned for a bridal shower?

It's recommended to have 3-5 games planned for a bridal shower, depending on the length of the event and the number of guests. It's important to leave enough time for guests to mingle and enjoy refreshments.

What are some prizes that can be given out for game winners?

Prizes can include kitchen or home-related items, gift cards, candles, or small plants. It's a nice touch to have prizes that tie into the bride's interests or the wedding theme.

Are there any games that can be played without purchasing materials?

Yes, there are many games that can be played without purchasing materials, such as "Guess the Celebrity Couple" or "Wedding Movie Charades". These games only require some creativity and can be customized to fit the bride's interests.

Can guests participate in the games without feeling pressured?

Absolutely! It's important to create a fun and relaxed atmosphere at a bridal shower. Consider having a mix of active and passive games, and make sure to not force anyone to participate who may feel uncomfortable.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • thehaleykitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Lisa F.
  • pchefmartha