• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Game and Additional Recipe Should I Include in My Co-Ed Show?

I would love to do it with someone special!I'm new to the forum and so glad that I found this thread. I've actually been talking about doing a couples show (my hubby and I would do it together) and have a couple in mind to host it. I've just been playing phone tag with her and can't actually get a chance to talk to her. I would love to see the recipes and road blocks, etc.What are the recipes and what are the roadblocks? The recipes are a Cran-Raspberry Fizz and a Touchdown Taco Dip. The roadblocks are Detours and Roadblocks.
1PamperedMommy
Gold Member
I'm having a co-ed show in October and am looking for something to do with these couples. First, for the recipe, the hostess wants the cran-raspberry fizz (alcoholic) plus something else. What's my best bet to add on to this drink? The only thing that comes to mind is the Touchdown Taco Dip, but will that be enough for a crowd?
Since we're not doing a battle of the sexes for the recipe, I was thinking about doing it with a game. If memory serves, some of you guys have played a game like Family Feud using the chopper. How can I do that where I have guys vs girls? What kinds of questions can I ask? What rules should be implemented? Is a SB a good enough prize or should I up the ante?
Any and all tips and suggestions welcome! TIA :balloon:

I've had a lot of success doing the amazing race with couples.

Amazing race...kind of like a scavenger hunt? How would it go?

There are various threads on the Amazing Race. There are also some files. Basically, I have two different tables (or areas) set up where each team works to make a different recipe. I have premade cards that reflect the steps in the recipe along with some detours and roadblocks. Whoever finishes first wins a ribbon :)
It's fun to watch the competetiveness come out! Most of the time the men win!

So do you think the Touchdown Taco Dip is my best bet for recipe, or would you do something differently? Any ideas are welcome! The host is inviting 40 couples, so I'm hoping for a good turnout.

I used the one in the files for the Cheesy Chicken Chilaquiles and Pineapple salsa. It had plenty of steps ( I added the detours and roadblocks) I think both recipes turned out to be about 15 steps. I haven't made that recipe in a while- I think it would be fine if you could stretch it out a little.

I may just do the Amazing Race idea. Thanks for the tip!

The Amazing Race works really well, especially with competitive couples. Just make sure that the recipes are evenly matched. I did this at my last show, and the winning team finished only seconds ahead. It was exciting!

What kind of road blocks/detours did you throw in there?

Man in the Kitchen said:
The Amazing Race works really well, especially with competitive couples. Just make sure that the recipes are evenly matched. I did this at my last show, and the winning team finished only seconds ahead. It was exciting!
Do you have an outline or format that you used that could be posted? I'd love to see what you did!

I want someone to have a couples show so I can do this. Sounds like fun!

Man in the Kitchen said:

Would you mind listing the recipes you used? I have a new recruit who wants to do something along these lines.

Thanks!

Man in the Kitchen said:

Post please!!! I've been ready to book a couples show and I think this idea would put them over the edge to have the show!!

It took me forever to update, but...I ended up doing the Amazing Race show and the host got $1100 in sales!! I had a blast and want to really push people to do The Amazing Race again and again :)

1PamperedMommy said:
It took me forever to update, but...I ended up doing the Amazing Race show and the host got $1100 in sales!! I had a blast and want to really push people to do The Amazing Race again and again :)

What did you update? If you have new paperwork or notes, please post. Congrats on the show.

I'm new to the forum and so glad that I found this thread. I've actually been talking about doing a couples show (my hubby and I would do it together) and have a couple in mind to host it. I've just been playing phone tag with her and can't actually get a chance to talk to her. I would love to see the recipes and road blocks, etc.

I have decided to do my own Amazing Race show and I am needing to understand what the "Roadbocks" and Detours" are in the show. I actually have never really watched the show but I think this is a totally amazing idea for a show. I would love to hear your words from experience so that my show runs smoothly. Thanks!

Love the ideas here ... I'm a newbie and need all the help I can get! Thank you!

Bump . . . does anyone have new/updated files for this? I want to give it a try in a couple weeks.

Sandi

What is the "Game & Recipe for Co-Ed Show" event?

The "Game & Recipe for Co-Ed Show" is a fun and interactive cooking event where both men and women can come together to learn new recipes and kitchen techniques. It's a great opportunity to socialize and have some friendly competition with friends and family.

How long does the event typically last?

The event usually lasts around 2-3 hours, depending on the number of guests and the complexity of the recipes being prepared.

What types of recipes are typically featured at the event?

We like to mix things up and offer a variety of recipes, including appetizers, main dishes, desserts, and even drinks. We also try to cater to different dietary restrictions, so everyone can participate and enjoy the food.

Do I need to have any cooking experience to attend?

Not at all! Our events are designed for all skill levels, from beginners to experienced cooks. Our consultants will guide you through the recipes and provide helpful tips and tricks along the way.

Can I purchase any of the products used during the event?

Yes, all of the products used during the event are available for purchase through our Pampered Chef website or through your consultant. You can also earn free products by hosting your own Pampered Chef party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • CAPCnewbie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mandy412
Replies
Views
Admin Greg