• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New to Cooking? Here's How to Get Started!

In summary, the new Pampered Chef can do this because she is not a perfect cook, but she is successful with recipes that are tested over and over again.
whitetiger
Gold Member
i'm new and everyone that knows me knows I'm not a cook ..Does anyone have something about if i can do this

You can do thisMy director doesn't cook at all- She didn't even really want to do the business she just wanted the free stuff. Well here she is 3 years later and a director! You don't have to be a cook. In fact it kinda sells better if your not. It shows people that you don't have to be great in the kitchen to be able to prepare these great recipes for their families. Just market yourself that way!

I hate to cook...love to make desserts, but hate the day to day stuff. That is the GREAT thing about PC...the recipes are fool proof...yes FOOL cause I am a fool in the kitchen!

Pick 2 recipes to practice with at home (remember to keep the receipts...that is a tax deduction if you are practicing). At first, only do these 2 recipes for shows. That way you are not trying to figure out new recipes all the time and you are more comfortable cooking.

I'd pick a recipe on the stoneware. Maybe the taco ring...easy...great presentation...shows lots of products.

The recipes that PC puts out are tested over and over again in our test kitchens, so they are pretty much fail-safe! I agree to start with some of the stoneware recipes, like our rings, since they are really what everyone thinks of when they hear the name Pampered Chef. Try doing one several times until you get comfortable and then start branching out into something that you're interested in. And remember, if you make a mistake, just say "I'm a Pampered Chef, not a perfect Chef!" :D

Good luck to you! Feel free to ask whatever questions you may have - we're here to help!

1. What basic cooking tools do I need?

To get started with cooking, you will need a few basic tools including a chef's knife, cutting board, mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, and a cooking pan. These tools will allow you to prepare and cook a wide variety of dishes.

2. What ingredients should I always have on hand?

Some essential ingredients to always have in your pantry include olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, onions, canned tomatoes, and a variety of spices. These ingredients can be used in many different recipes and will add flavor to your dishes.

3. How can I improve my knife skills?

One of the best ways to improve your knife skills is to practice regularly. Start with basic tasks like chopping vegetables and gradually move on to more advanced techniques. You can also watch online tutorials or take a cooking class to learn proper cutting and chopping techniques.

4. How can I make sure my food is properly cooked?

Invest in a good meat thermometer to ensure your food is cooked to the proper temperature. It's also important to follow cooking times and instructions in recipes. As you gain more experience, you will be able to tell if food is done by touch and appearance.

5. How can I learn to cook without using a recipe?

Learning to cook without a recipe takes practice and experimentation. Start by understanding flavor profiles and how different ingredients work together. This will allow you to create your own dishes and adjust flavors according to your personal taste. You can also take cooking classes or watch cooking shows to learn techniques and get inspiration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Diana Smith
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Rule77
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • liz_grinkin