• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Honoring a Deceased Friend with Hearty Food: Ideas and Tips

Some of my favorites are the chicken pasta with the basil and sliced garlic, lasagna, chicken and black bean soup, BBQ with buns, chips and grapes, and chicken enchiladas. I would also suggest cookies and other treats.
beepampered
Want to drop off some hearty food at the house of a deceased friend. Any suggestions? I have no knowledge of when/if there are out of town guest and how many so I'm at a loss. Thanks for giving me some simple suggestions....

I think soup is always a nice idea. It's easy to reheat and eat, and tastes just as good reheated - bring some muffins or rolls to go with it.

Loaded Baked Potato Chowder
White Chicken Chili
Greek Lemon Chicken Soup (in It's Good For You)

lasagna, ziti, meatballs, chicken parm also are good and freeze well.

I personally don't think soup travels well ... unless you can send it in the batter bowl, that is.I personally am a fan of the chicken pasta with the basil and sliced garlic. Not too spicy, and it reheats well.

I speak from recent experience...homemade soup (Yes, in the batter bowl) is a great thing. We got a lot of pastas & hot dishes and such so it was nice to have something a little different. Lasagna too was super! If you DO give them something to return, be sure to put your name on it and pick it back up. As for out of town guests, we are local and there on a daily basis so it's nice to feed those that simply stop by.You are great! Even muffins and things that are good for snacks is good.

From dealing with all of this in the past month when my father passed, I will let you know what we all received.

Chili with chips, cheese, sour cream
Chicken and Black Bean Soup
BBQ with buns, chips and grapes
Lasagna X 3
Chicken Enchiladas
French Dips, carrots, and better than cake
Cookies and other treats
Chicken Pasta
Meat and Cheese for Sandwiches
Taco Hotdish

I think that something homemade and coming from the heart is a great thing to do for those that are grieving and do not have time to think about meals.

What are some ideas for honoring a deceased friend with hearty food?

Some ideas for honoring a deceased friend with hearty food include hosting a potluck with dishes that were their favorites, preparing a meal using their cherished family recipes, and making a donation to a charity in their name that aligns with their values and interests.

How can I make the food more meaningful and personal?

To make the food more meaningful and personal, consider incorporating special ingredients or dishes that hold sentimental value to the deceased friend or their family. You could also create a menu that reflects their favorite foods or create a special dish in their honor.

What are some tips for organizing a food-focused memorial gathering?

Some tips for organizing a food-focused memorial gathering include setting a date and location that would have been meaningful to the deceased friend, delegating tasks and dishes to family and friends, and providing options for guests with dietary restrictions.

How can I involve others in the preparation of the food?

You can involve others in the preparation of the food by asking them to bring a dish to share or by assigning them specific tasks such as setting the table or preparing a specific dish. This can help bring people together and create a sense of community during the memorial gathering.

Are there any specific foods or dishes that are traditionally associated with honoring a deceased friend?

There are no specific foods or dishes that are traditionally associated with honoring a deceased friend, as it varies depending on culture, religion, and personal preferences. However, some common comfort foods that are often served at memorial gatherings include casseroles, soups, and baked goods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chozengirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
gussey30
  • Pampered Angel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DeannaK1022
  • babywings76