• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Use Pampered Chef Fundraisers to Boost Sales During Recovery?

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of doing a fundraiser for a neighbor's class trip and the details of how Pampered Chef fundraisers work. It also offers tips for continuing to grow the business while the consultant is recovering from surgery. The conversation emphasizes the benefits of Pampered Chef fundraisers, including the fact that there is no price markup and it counts towards the consultant's sales for the month. It also discusses the different options for hosting a fundraiser, either through a demo or by passing out catalogs and order forms. Finally, the conversation offers encouragement and congratulations for the consultant's successful start in the business.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
Hello everyone! I just started PC, in fact, April is my first SS month and as of today, with only 3 shows, I have $1400 in sales and am so excited for May to roll around so I can get all of my free product that I earned! I am really wanting to push my second month (May) and it occured to me while reading this board about Fundraisers. I also just found out that I need to have surgery on Thursday the 28th of this month and as much as I want to puch HWC, I'm afraid that I will be out of commission for most of the month.

Here's my question~my neighbor came to my door yesterday and wanted me to buy a ticket for my car to be washed this sunday. He said that they attempted to sell candy but that didn't raise enough money so now they have to wash cars. Would I be able to do a fundraiser for them and PC would send them a check? Is this a legitimate fundraiser to help out? They are raising money for their class trip to go to Universal Islands of Adventure. I'm sorry that this is not as worthy as a health cause but I thought that this might be an avenue for me to increase my sales while I am out of commission next month.

I also saw that their are two different types of fundraisers. A classic fundraiser where PC gives up to 15% and a product fundraiser which gives up to 40%. When I go under Downloads under CC, they are only explaining the classic fundraiser. Did they do away with the 40%? If so, the most any organization could get is 15% of the total sales over $600? Do those sales go towards my commissonable sales for the month? Do I still make money on fundraisers?

I know that schools are coming to an end and if they decide to do this, would I have to do a kitchen show demo, (if I do, who provides the food?) or to get the ball rolling, could they just start passing catalogs out with the order forms?

I really appreciate this website and all of the members on it! This is a great site to all of us, especially us newbies! Again, thank you to everybody who answers this e-mail! :)

Kristi
www.pamperedchef.biz/ktarducci

fund raisersWOW!!! What a great start!! Keep up the momentum!

While you are out of commission you can be working on your list of 100 and on the phones booking future shows. Ask a friend or relative if they would do a catalog show while you're unable to do a kitchen show.

As far as the fund raiser is concerned: YES they are legitimate. The check would be made out to the organization (eg. "Local Middle School 7th Grade Class Trip"). The product fund raiser was discontinued. There were only 10 items on the cards and most people wanted to order other things anyway so consultants usually combined the 2 types. While PC's fund raiser only gives 10-15% people need to keep in mind that we do not raise our price for fundraisers. Most companies inflate the cost so that they can give the big discount to the group. Customers who participate in the fund raiser get superior quality products and the regular cost. The organization can make big money with PC fund raisers by promoting that fact and by promoting bookings - PC gives $3 for every booking too - it adds up!

Our commission is a flat 15% (17% if we have hit the $15,000 sales mark). That is because PC has converted the product host benefits to cash and there's NO markup on cash. ;) We benefit because of the exposure, leads and bookings we can get from them. And, yes, it does count toward our sales. The sales from fund raisers are added to the rest of our sales that month for the total that determines the commission rate for the shows but the fund raiser commission rate does not change no matter how high our sales are.

You can do a demo to start it off if you and the group want that or you can pass out the books and order forms and do the demo at the end. The food is usually provided by the organization coordinator or the organization itself - that's up to them and you.

Hope this helps!

Great start....WAY TO GO! I'm sure you are very excited.

I'm sorry about your surgery, but this is a great time to get the catalog orders and fundraiser under your belt. Call people you know and let them know you are doing fundraisers for Breast Cancer and would they like to help. You can let them know that you are having surgery this month and they can help by doing a catalog show (You can do just the HWC products or the entire catalog) and next month when you are in commission, you would LOVE to come do a kitchen show for her.

You can also do a fundraiser for all the other ideas you talked about in your post. Although there is only one kind of fundraiser, you can also do fundraisers for Day Cares who need kitchen products in their kitchen (do it just like a regular kitchen show and the free products go to the Day Care for their kitchen) OR you can have money go to an organization. The money just can't go to an individuals name.

school fundraiser kitchen show?How in the world would you do a kitchen show for a school fundraiser with a crowd so big?

Not everyone is going to come. I would do a KICKOFF show for the fundraiser. Invite parents to attend and do a kitchen show...maybe with noncook items. Then the next day, send everyone home with a catalog/order forms. Parents that attend the KICKOFF can order that night, but I'd give catalogs to everyone even if they attended...easier to keep track of.

1. What is a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

A Pampered Chef fundraiser is a program where a group or organization can earn money by selling Pampered Chef products. The group receives a percentage of the sales as a donation towards their cause.

2. How do I set up a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

To set up a Pampered Chef fundraiser, you can contact your local Pampered Chef consultant or submit a fundraiser request on our website. Your consultant will guide you through the process and provide you with all the necessary materials and information to get started.

3. How much money can my group earn from a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

The amount of money your group can earn from a Pampered Chef fundraiser depends on the total sales. Typically, groups can earn 15-20% of the total sales as a donation. The more products sold, the higher the donation percentage.

4. What types of groups can participate in a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

Pampered Chef fundraisers are open to a wide range of groups and organizations, including schools, sports teams, churches, charities, and more. As long as the group is a non-profit organization, they are eligible to participate in a fundraiser.

5. How long does a Pampered Chef fundraiser last?

The duration of a Pampered Chef fundraiser can vary depending on the needs of the group. Typically, the fundraiser can last anywhere from 2-4 weeks. Your consultant will work with you to determine the best timeline for your group's fundraiser.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Hillary
  • Laura Kavanaugh
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Niki Kate
  • PCCHeather0506