• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Run My Charity Event as a Fundraiser or a Show?

In summary, my family member is trying to raise money for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society by running a half marathon in April. They are currently looking into hosting an Open House at the end of this month along with Tastefully Simple and are putting out catalogs and ordering forms. They are also having a chinese auction, 50/50, and a bake sale to help out the cause.
alc1004
I was approached by a family member who is trying to raise money for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society. She is running a half marathon in April and needs to raise $1200.00. We were thinking about having an Open House the end of this month along with Tastefully Simple (actually got the venue for only $40). I was going to set up a table with all my PC stuff and put out catalogs and order forms. I am also making up about 6 or 7 themed baskets with our merchandise (which I will be reimbursed for). We are having a chinese auction, 50/50, and a bake sale to help out the cause.

My question is do I do this as a fundraiser or as a show and donate my commission back? If you do a fundraiser, can the products get shipped right to the customer, or does everything get shipped to the host??? We have a network of about 400 people available to us for this event...so it could tend to be very very big.

Thanks for the help!!

You could do a fundraiser AND donate your commission (you make 15% commission on a fundraiser plus they donate a percentage) so that could actually net the organization/person more. It depends on what commission bracket you fall in the month you hold that show; if you earn over 25% commission holding a cooking show could net them more. This is the breakdown I give to organizations that I want to donate to personally as well as run the fundraiser for...

$599 or less your organization earns 10% from PC and 5% from me = 15% PROFIT!
$600 or more your organization earns 15% from PC and 5% from me! = 20% PROFIT!
$1000 or more your organization earns 15% from PC and 10% from me! = 25% PROFIT!

Also, know that you could always start them at 25% profit because if you donate 100% of your commission regardless of show size its PC's 10% plus your 15% (17% if you're over your $15,000). If you have a $1,000+ cooking show you'd be making 23% commission so already with a smaller show you'd be giving them 2-4% more.

Shipping works the same as a regular show; they have the option to pay for direct shipping or you can have the chair person("host") deliver them. With a network of 400 I probably would make direct shipping the only option or else it could get tricky.

Thank you for your response! I am going to treat it as a fundraiser then. I was confused as to the shipping of the products. For some reason, I read something that lead me to believe that everything got shipped to the host. Glad to hear that isn't the case. I think I am not going to give them an option of having it shipped to the host....just direct shipping! Is there a special form I have to fill out? Also, does anyone know if I can still set it up on my website and just use the host's name as the party or do you put the fundraiser's name?

thanks for the breakdown of the commission also!!

I am debating this same issue for a FR I am doing at the end of the month.

I am going to wait to see how big the show is before deciding on doing it as a regular show or a FR through PC. I am already donating 100% of my commission.

I am also planning on donating half my commission on any future shows we can get booked off of this FR. It might be a nice incentive for others to do a show since they know $ will be donated and it won't come out of their pocket.

I am hesitant to have too many raffles going on at the show since we don't want people to place smaller orders since they spent $ on the raffles. But, already she has about 5 different people asking for cattys so they can pass around at each of their workplaces. I think this is great since the guests are working at getting orders!!!

Dear friend,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing about your upcoming event to support the Leukemia Lymphoma Society. It's wonderful to hear about your efforts to raise money for such a worthy cause.As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have seen firsthand the impact that fundraising events can have on organizations like the Leukemia Lymphoma Society. I think it's a great idea to combine your Open House with Tastefully Simple and offer themed baskets as part of your fundraising efforts.To answer your question, you can do this as both a fundraiser and a show. As a fundraiser, you can donate your commission back to the Leukemia Lymphoma Society. And as a show, you can offer your guests the option to purchase products with a portion of the sales going towards the fundraiser. It's completely up to you and what you feel comfortable with.As for shipping, products can be shipped directly to the customer or to the host, depending on their preference. I recommend discussing this with your guests and letting them know that they have the option to have products shipped directly to them or to the host.I hope this helps and I wish you all the best for your event. Together, we can make a difference in the fight against leukemia and lymphoma.Best regards,

What is a Pampered Chef fundraiser/open house?

A Pampered Chef fundraiser/open house is an event where a Pampered Chef consultant hosts a cooking demonstration and sells Pampered Chef products to raise money for a specific cause or organization.

How do I schedule a Pampered Chef fundraiser/open house?

You can schedule a Pampered Chef fundraiser/open house by contacting a Pampered Chef consultant and discussing available dates and details. You can also request to host a fundraiser/open house online through the Pampered Chef website.

How much money can be raised through a Pampered Chef fundraiser/open house?

The amount of money that can be raised through a Pampered Chef fundraiser/open house depends on factors such as the number of attendees, the products sold, and the agreed upon donation percentage. On average, fundraisers/open houses can raise anywhere from a few hundred dollars to a couple thousand dollars.

Are there any discounts or special offers for fundraisers/open houses?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a 10% donation of the total sales from a fundraiser/open house. In addition, the host of the event can earn free and discounted products based on the total sales of the event.

What types of organizations can benefit from a Pampered Chef fundraiser/open house?

Any type of organization can benefit from a Pampered Chef fundraiser/open house, including schools, sports teams, churches, community groups, and non-profit organizations. It is a great way to raise funds for a cause while also providing a fun and informative event for attendees.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefinHarmony
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
erinyourpclady
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • aborchardt
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies